Dedicated Server EU lots of RAM?

As the topic vaguely hints, I'm looking for a decent dedicated server with at least 4 gigs of RAM located in europe.

My budget is 80$/month

I need the server to run windows, but I don't have a windows server license, so that has to be included in the price.

Is this possible? Or how high would my budget have to be?

Unmetered bandwidth is preferred, but 1TB+ is acceptable.

The intended use is for a gameserver, so I need the network to be reliable.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Claes; 09-01-2011 at 12:11 PM.

4GB? Is that correct? These days that isn't "Lots of RAM". I would go for the 1 TB traffic at a good network. Unmetered is nice, but for gamehosting a good network is better ;-).
    www.qirus.eu - Dedicated & virtual servers - Colocation

Month-to-month contract - No setup fees - High quality servers and network

I think I left out the part where I mention it has to be upgradeable FOR lots of RAM

Could you suggest a good network? Im not that experienced yet

hello,

if you want to upgrade to a lot of RAM you might consider going for the small box first and later mov machines - since renting a machine that "could" have a lot of RAM but dosn't yet will most likely cost you more than the small box. Your budget looks very reasonable, incl. Windows.

cheers -
    oz.

And still it isn't clear, what you mean with "lots of RAM".
    If you mean 16 oder 24 GB, cheap offers with desktop grade hardware will be okay (Hetzner).
    If you mean more than 24 GB, you have to rent server grade hardware that will be more expensive.
    If you want something like 96 GB RAM or more, it will be quite expensive...

Do you need a Windows Web or Windows Standard licence?
    www.velia.net - ISP since 1999 in Frankfurt (Germany) + Strasbourg (France) & St. Louis, Miami (USA) + Singapore
    Dedicated Servers

Windows + Server @ $80??? Hmmm...

That's not an easy task to do with a Decent Server. Windows in Europe is going to cost around $20. So taking it off is going to leave you with $60 which is not a lot to think about.

Try increasing your budget and you'll be able to find better stuff there.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I think it will eventually depend on the CPU that's needed. Windows (depending on Web or Std) will be anywhere around EUR 8-15 typically, and if a fast 2C/4T is chosen the budget should fit. A true 4C/HT CPU is probably out of reach, however.

cheers -
    oz.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfingwe View Post
    Windows (depending on Web or Std) will be anywhere around EUR 8-15 typically
    The price a European SPLA provider pays is Euro 12,50 per month for the WEB edition and Euro 21,00 per month for the STD edition.
    That is not a price per server but per physical CPU.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    The price a European SPLA provider pays is Euro 12,50 per month for the WEB edition and Euro 21,00 per month for the STD edition.
    That is not a price per server but per physical CPU.
    I was giving a typical price range ISPs pass on to their customers, and not SPLA prices, which obviously vary as well.

cheers -
    oz.

ozfingwe, I'm not too sure who you are referring to but SPLA prices are basically the cheapest that you could see from Microsoft. The prices that swiftnoc quoted are standard SPLA prices in Europe. You might get it a little cheaper in US but not in EU. Plus I'm not too sure what you mean by ISP prices and not SPLA prices?

Any provider who does Microsoft stuff would need to have SPLA in order for them to be able to provide Microsoft Softwares so if your ISP is not giving out SPLA pricing then what are they providing?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

re:

hi... you can start your work initially with basic setup and later move on to higher depending upon your budget.

hello,

I was referring to the prices ISPs are charging customers (as seen and advertised on websites of popular IPSs), I'm not referring to SPLA pricing, which we have ourselves. Also, are you quoting net or gross prices?

cheers -
    oz.