Thumbs up Review of HostGator VPS

I had tried several providers for my small hosting needs before I settles on HostGator. I originally signed up as a reseller, and have recently switched to their VPS solution (Level 3).

Before I signed up, I had several questions. I come from a web design background and can do some admin-type things, but in no way can I be confused for a true sysadmin. They patiently answered my questions over the phone, as well as via email.

Once I registered, they promptly scheduled the transfer from my old WHM to my new VPS WHM. They alerted me when it was done promptly, and also re-installed my SSL certs on the new server. I had to verify I truly needed the 4 new IP's, and sales responded to my request at almost 2:00 am my time!

Once setup and transferred, there were a few hiccups with some items, mainly email. They quickly responded to my tickets (average of 2-3 minutes) and handled the issues promptly. Even the one that took longer to fix (a few hours), they kept me updated on the response.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend their service! They make me look like I really know what I'm doing.

HostGator is good company. My first reseller account was with HostGator and VPS too.

I am fan of HostGator too and happy to read such good review about them this is reason that everyone love HostGator because of their support and professional staff.
    Build your dream otherwise someone will hire you to build their dreams.

Hi guys, I am very disappointed with this Hostgator VPS Server. I have been using it for exactly one year and I am pretty pissed off... I first had the Performance Level 3 and then upgraded it to Level 5, which costs me a 110 dollars monthly now...

So I realized from the beginning that the pricing for this product is not very competitive... you can get the same for about half the price elsewhere... and there it works !!!
    But I thought at the beginning, I better pay a bit more and get a great solution... I got played !!!

The VPS server regularly breaks down.... and is unreachable for say half an hour... it is related to DNS resolution problems in their network.... unbelievable !!!

Now the MySQL server regularly switches off making dynamic applications offline.... and the cpanel claims it was working... I have been dealing with the support now for roughlz a year.... the support is nice and friendly and accessible... but what does that help if the dont know how to fix these problems... it all awful !!!

I paid 110 dollars monthly over the last 12 months...... wasted a **** lot of time with all this... this was supposed to be my main server among six others I operate.... it is the most expensive and the worst one !!!! I am moving away now, at least from the cpanel vps server...

P.S.: I have a 4 dollar shared account with them that is more reliable than the 110 private server... it is just a pain in the a.. !!!

Nice to see a good review on HostGator VPS for once
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

op : post = 1 and it's about a review ?

thanks for your doubt
    please cmiiw always

Quote Originally Posted by craig joe View Post
    op : post = 1 and it's about a review ?

thanks for your doubt
    LOL! I can see why you'd think that, but I am in no-way-shape-or-form an employee or affiliate of HostGator. I was just very happy with their service, so I thought I'd share.

I'd post the URL to my company, but I'm afriad I'd get banned for SPAM.

Yaa I Think HostGator VPS Really Bad Impression In My Terms Their Support Is Good But Doesnt Have That much of Good Service f The VPS As Compared To Their Shared Hosting .

One review does not validate the position that "Everybody just loves XYZ Host"... To the OP, you have to understand our skepticism, we see this kind of thing all the time. The point I'm trying to convey is that you have to look at many independent reviews, not just one. Also,without a URL, website to reference, it leads one to believe that something is afoot.
    SCOTT CORBIN http://www.zipservers.com/
    Managed Hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers
    "Award Winning Hosting" TOLL FREE: 1-800-560-3450
    DATA CENTERS : Dallas, Seattle, Washington, D.C., and London, UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Corbin View Post
    One review does not validate the position that "Everybody just loves XYZ Host"... To the OP, you have to understand our skepticism, we see this kind of thing all the time. The point I'm trying to convey is that you have to look at many independent reviews, not just one. Also,without a URL, website to reference, it leads one to believe that something is afoot.
    I understand that. That was my main motivation in the post. I wanted to give a review of a service I have found to be quite good. As mentioned above, someone dislikes it, and I'm fine w/ that. Just thought it'd be good to give feedback so someone else could gather all of the reviews and make an informed decision, as you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by gnetconsulting View Post

I'd post the URL to my company, but I'm afriad I'd get banned for SPAM.
    you could use the report button on your first post up there to report your ip/website
    please cmiiw always

Their shared hosting is poor, but the virtual servers work great. Thanks for review
    Last edited by Delgado2009; 09-08-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Hi Marco,

What is your ticket number on this with us? It sounds like you're constantly overloading your vps which is causing it to go offline. You can have the best vps account in the world but if it's overloaded it's going to have plenty of downtime.

Wow hostgator, way to blame the customer without actually looking into the problem first.