VPS Provider with Best Managed Services

All,

I checked on a few VPS and I am quite confused with the whole deal of Fully Managed Services. It does not really say what it covers. So I just figure I go ask one of them will they help me with stuff I don't know how to do. Being new to this VPS thingy, I thought I will be in good hands with managed services. But the answer I got was surprising.

I asked if I don't know how to install this software (open source) will they install it for me? The support said that falls under our paid service. So I clicked on the link. It's USD100 per hour. Now this is one place where they don't put the asterisk anywhere on the sales page I believe

May I please get your opinion if you have a VPS provide who will go all the way to ensure that your things are good and up and running and even give you a bit of freebies services for you to know how things work without charging extra?

Joshua

Just speak out their name here!
    Let another don't fall on the words "Best Managed Service" anymore.

In my experience that would be Knownhost and Futurehosting.

There are many hosting companies which will install almost anything for you free of charge but base on a "best effort" guarantee. This is because there are so many different applications out there that it's simply impossible for us to be familiar with all of them, or with even just a small number of them.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Some people confuse "managed" with "runs my website for me". Managed means you have somebody to ask for help, when installing non-CMS/non-content type software. For example, troubleshooting DNS or email issues. Why a panel isn't working. Not "Would you setup WordPress for me, and give me a nice theme, thanks!"

In terms of the best management, I've been extraordinarily impressed by EuroVPS for the past five years. Regardless of what I wanted or needed help with, they were there to support me. Sometimes it was immediate, sometimes it was a few days while they researched it. Now that's service!

Futurehosting was pretty decent, too, though they seemed to be plagued by others errors that actually CAUSED many of my requests. Apache loved to fail -- no clue why (them or me). Even when I asked for somewhat obscure customizations, somebody tried (and usually succeeded).
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Hey, I agree you need a solid managed VPS. I'm hosted by Big Brain Host and recently saw them running a promo in the VPS offers section. Their support is good and I have never had any issues with service. Plus their support staff answers quickly which is major plus.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Can you tell us about your budget and requirements?
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

I've never had a problem with WiredTree and they've always gone the extra mile to help.

Quote Originally Posted by EndServer View Post
    Interested on your Endserver products.

Quote Originally Posted by EndServer View Post
    Just some additional helpful information, make sure you read what that specific host defines as managed. You'll see that some "fully" managed hosts are not so... managed.

Quote Originally Posted by aky007 View Post
    Interested on your Endserver products.
    Thank you for your interest, but this isn't the place to talk about this. You can drop me a private message if you have any questions.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

It's best to just ask the host if they'll install the script for you for free of charge.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

ServInt all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Some people confuse "managed" with "runs my website for me". Managed means you have somebody to ask for help, when installing non-CMS/non-content type software. For example, troubleshooting DNS or email issues. Why a panel isn't working. Not "Would you setup WordPress for me, and give me a nice theme, thanks!"

In terms of the best management, I've been extraordinarily impressed by EuroVPS for the past five years. Regardless of what I wanted or needed help with, they were there to support me. Sometimes it was immediate, sometimes it was a few days while they researched it. Now that's service!

Futurehosting was pretty decent, too, though they seemed to be plagued by others errors that actually CAUSED many of my requests. Apache loved to fail -- no clue why (them or me). Even when I asked for somewhat obscure customizations, somebody tried (and usually succeeded).
    kpmedia

I get what you mean, and I agree with you managed shouldn't mean please install wordpress for me, and install a theme for me too. But I guess there will be people who don't know how to do that, and when people sign up, they have the right to know that's not included. That's all I mean , instead of having tagged line like "managed", "fully managed". It seems to give me a peace of mind, but not anymore

Hey but who knows some of these VPS may really offer Fully Managed, means install wordpress and theme too

Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerChris View Post
    ServInt all the way!
    I tried checking with their sales, but they don't appear to be able to answer my question. Why 18 hops to their server from Malaysia? I am from Malaysia, almost all the US server I traced have 11-13 hops only. .

Quote Originally Posted by CreedFeed View Post
    I've never had a problem with WiredTree and they've always gone the extra mile to help.
    Hi Steve,

Probably you can share with us how many miles will wiredtree go? I don't see they have a forum or live chat.

Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by joshuayip View Post
    Hi Steve,

Probably you can share with us how many miles will wiredtree go? I don't see they have a forum or live chat.

Joshua
    They have a phone number, and answer most tickets in less than 10 minutes. I've got two reviews I've done on them if you search my started threads, or do a search for wiredtree here on WHT, the reviews will speak for themselves.

I've never been with a better provider.

Thanks for all your recommendations and valueable feedback. I have decided to try out KnownHost for now. I will update you all on the quality of the service.