Thumbs down HostSign.co.uk - Horrible VPS Service

Has anyone else had a bad experience with this company? I found them via the WHT forums.

They started having issues toward the end of July at which point my VPS went offline and still hasn't come back. I paid for a full year of service up-front with this company (not much since it was $1/mo, but still) and now it appears they probably went completely offline since their main site isn't even up anymore.

Here's my submissions to their ticket system (all of which went unanswered) - replace x's since it won't let me link:
    hxxp://tinypic.com/r/fz8zlc/7
    hxxp://tinypic.com/r/8y6c1g/7
    hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2irr86u/7

The last e-mail they sent on the 18th of August:

HostSign

Dear user,

As you are probably aware we are currently suffering a serious outage on our DollarVPS range in both our UK locations.

Our engineers are working on this outage, and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Please note we will not be responding indivually to tickets about the outage as all our resources are being concentrated on bringing the service backonline as quickly as possible.

Please accept our apologies for this issue, and rest assured credit will be made to those affected.

Kind regards

Geoff

---

They've never provided direct communication and the service that I was using has been completely unavailable since well before my first ticket submission on the 14th.

Anyhow, hopefully someone knows what's going on with them. I'd at least like to get my files off their service and cancel/get a refund if possible given the current situation although it looks more and more like that won't be happening.

Thoughts?

Sadly I doubt they will be coming back, not only do they owe people on this forum money but the fact they where putting there $1 VPSs on Intel Atom servers and think how many VPS's they would have to put on that to make a profit.

Its more likely that they took a yearly payment and just disappeared if not this model wouldn't have been profitable at all.

On LEB they claim that it is not an outage but a server relocation, which has yet to materialise.

Over the last 2 weeks we’ve been busy moving to a new datacentre in the UK which will give us a better service, and replacing all hardware that the VPS’s reside on, along with new improved security measures and firewalls. Unfortunately what we anticipated would take 72hours max has taken just over a week!

We’re actually going to be restoring access to our dollarvps range either later today, but more likely tomorrow. Once done an email will be sent out to all clients, along with credits for the downtime.

All we can do is apologise for the outage, but i’m certain once we restore access you’ll notice a difference in the service.

Could it be there site is offline also ?
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.