Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down DMEHOSTING, ANOTHER SCAMMER!

I would like to forewarn others who are looking to purchase a vps, that they should avoid DMEhosting, as they are another bunch of scammers! I signed up for a entry vps last week, with the free Kloxo panel, and setup went ok. However, after a day of so, I could not access the vps panel for a number of hours; and, when I did manage to get in, I could not do any updates, as it kept cutting out. I contacted the only person working there, David, who did not even respond for hours. I then saw that their online live chat was available, and posted on there, and actually saw, "David is Typing" coming up. When he saw that it was mean there with a complaint, he quickly signed out! I then opened a dispute with Paypal, as I felt that this service, which I was paying for, was beyond a joke! I also requested my money back, only to be told by David, that they do not offer refunds on "working vps"! The fact of the matter is, that the vps was NOT working for many hours, which caused problems with the web sites that I had managed to upload, as they did not work for these many hours! These companies (there are many of them), are only interested in taking our money, and not in a service which we pay for. They then try to hide behind their doddgy terms and conditions, which are always written so that we get scammed!

PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH THIS GUY. DO A SEARCH HERE ON WHT AND ALSO GOOGLE, AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT HE REALLY IS LIKE! HE AND MANY OTHERS LIKE HIM SHOULD BE BANNED FOR WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Really? You are calling us scammers because you demanded us to provide you full management for something you are only paying $6/mo for? Just because you don't know how to manage something does not make us scammers. Once again, these are unmanaged.

The VPS works, you never created a single ticket about not being able to access it. THe only tickets you created are tickets in regards of demanding us to manage it for you.

GL with your future host, we wish you well and hope you can find a fully managed solution from a company that will hold your hand for $6/mo (including the actual service as well). Quite the audacity to call us scammers....sigh.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't exactly call them "scammers". I've used them in the past and their service is pretty good, although sadly, I was put on a bad node that sort of lagged. Other than that, the service was pretty legit to me. Perhaps you were on a bad node too yourself. You should've probably asked them if you can switch to another node or something.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AngkorDeNNiS View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call them "scammers". I've used them in the past and their service is pretty good, although sadly, I was put on a bad node that sort of lagged. Other than that, the service was pretty legit to me. Perhaps you were on a bad node too yourself. You should've probably asked them if you can switch to another node or something.
    Unfortunately the whole thing is stemming from an issue he is having with Kloxo (open source control panel) and is expecting us to fix it when we do not develop it. We told him to contact the developers but refused and demanded us to fix it....
      0 Not allowed!

Thats because you have destroyed the tickets that relate to the issue with the hours of downtime. I have been running servers and systems from the late 1980's, so don't talk like a complete fool about me not being able to manage a vps!

WHY NOT GOOGLE DMEHOSTING COMPLAINTS AND SEE THE TRUTH!
      0 Not allowed!

David, who did not even respond for hours
    He is SEO as far as I understand and he is not 24/7. So you might be in diffrent time zones and that's why that happened.
      0 Not allowed!

We have sold thousands upon thousands of VPS's. Since these are low budget services, it is common that .05% of the clients may get upset about not knowing to much about the service and to blame us. I think if you read the majority of the reviews you are spamming us with, we are pretty much innocent, just like in this review...
      0 Not allowed!

I'm using DHEHosting myself and have had a VPS for many months now. I also use kloxo, though I installed it myself but (touch wood) I've had no problems at all with it or the vps. DMEHosting has always been courteous and prompt with replies to tickets.

So all in all I'm very satisfied with their service and support and have no plans to move elswhere. I'm posting this for balance and fairness, all hosts get complaints at some time or other I'm sure but as far as I'm concerned there's no justification for the comments started by the OP. If you buy an unmanaged VPS then it would be a good idea to learn how to manage it yourself. If you pay just a few bucks a month for a minimal service you need to be aware of what you get, no host will put hours of work in for next to nothing and they shouldn't have to be subject to verbal abuse in any event just because the buyer can't manage what's been bought.

If the OP wants a 24/7 service then they should be prepared to pay for the privilege imo. Buy a managed VPS if they can't manage it themselves. Get a problem? then just reboot it and/or reload the OS, job done. Ranting and raving over something that costs the same as a magazine or a fast food meal really is uncalled for.
      0 Not allowed!

Right: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...84&postcount=3

@OP you have a thread stick to it, what ever personal grievance you have with this company leave it to one thread as per the rules at WHT state.

Its clear your only intention on this forum is to slate this company as much as possible.
      0 Not allowed!

iDeg, why don't you read my opening remarks. You say to reboot/reload the OS? BUT, how can this be done if the vps cannot be accessed? Also, I have said already that I have been doing servers/vps's, with DirectAdmin, Plesk, Webmin, Kloxo, cpanel, for a very long time!

Tiger-Matt, thats your opinion, it not about slating anyone, but if you care to search here in WHT and google before posting, you might learn a thing or two! Its about honest business practice, which many on here don't have a clue about!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ICTHUS View Post
    iDeg, why don't you read my opening remarks. You say to reboot/reload the OS? BUT, how can this be done if the vps cannot be accessed? Also, I have said already that I have been doing servers/vps's, with DirectAdmin, Plesk, Webmin, Kloxo, cpanel, for a very long time!

Tiger-Matt, thats your opinion, it not about slating anyone, but if you care to search here in WHT and google before posting, you might learn a thing or two! Its about honest business practice, which many on here don't have a clue about!

Provide me the ticket number of you not being able to access your VPS. You never once mentioned anything about that, or are you referring to us suspending the VPS after we received a chargeback?

This whole thread is ridiculous, as it's all stemming from the simple fact that you bought an unmanaged service from us for $6/mo and that we wouldn't fix Kloxo control panel for you...even though we do not develop it nor have access to the code. You are simply asking us to do something that we can't even do...
      0 Not allowed!

@ICTHUS It still wouldn't hurt to learn some manners. Plus I've had a motor car for years but that doesn't make me a mechanic or a good driver. Buying the minimum service doesn't entitle you to premium support. If you have used kloxo/lxadmin before then you should know the minimum isn't enough to run it properly. For less than six dollars a month? Get a grip, you've already wasted more time and effort than it's worth.
      0 Not allowed!

I have plenty of manners! You obviously don't know what you are talking about, iDeg, as I have run Kloxo on a vps with 128mb ram/256 burst! So please get your facts right before making such stupid remarks!
      0 Not allowed!

So you could not get the VPS to work.. the host claims it was your inability to manage the VPS which lead to your problem! But you counter claim saying you have 10 years of admin knowledge.

Yet when the host asks you to provide ticket numbers where your VPS was not operational you do not do so~ And you have gone as far as filing a charge back on them.. so they suspended you.
      0 Not allowed!

This is from the ticket, after you logged off the live chat, after I saw you sign on
    Andy Ansell
    Client 08/28/2011 03:54

David, I just saw you typing in live chat and then you sign out, why? is this the way you run your business? you provide a service that is not workable for hours and then ignore any refunds, this ia very bad indeed!

CAN YOU READ WHERE I VERY CLEARLY SAID THAT THE SERVICE (VPS) HAD NOT BEEN WORKING FOR HOURS?
      0 Not allowed!

wat3v3r, you work for DME? If not, then how do you know they suspended me? I cancelled myself, after the vps was not accessable for hours, as my ticket shows above, and NOT because of Kloxo issues. The fact of the matter is, Kloxo, which was installed via an image through the vps, was corrupt, as both Horde and Roundcube mail clients did not work. As this cannot be corrected within either the vps or Kloxo, I asked David from DME to look into the issue, as it was clearly a DC problem. I have a working vps at the moment running Kloxo, and both Horde and Roundcube work perfectly! These are the facts!
      0 Not allowed!

"service not workable for hours", this is in conjunction of your issues with Kloxo which is not related to us. The whole ticket you filed was service that Kloxo was not meeting, not us. Don't start changing the words around and claiming our services were offline. We have no record of your server going offline. If you had any "outage" it was probably due to your VPS itself.

I honestly feel for the new host who may end up getting you as a client. As there will be a thin line drawn by you, and when they don't do everything under the sun for you, then you will do all in your power to tarnish their name. This is absolutely unbelievable that something like this can even be started on WHT. Since you were using Linux and Kloxo, why don't you blame those organizations as well since it wasn't easily understandable for you? Why are we being singled out for something we never developed nor even have access to (Kloxo).
      0 Not allowed!

wat3v3r, you work for DME? If not, then how do you know they suspended me? I cancelled myself, after the vps was not accessable for hours, as my ticket shows above, and NOT because of Kloxo issues. The fact of the matter is, Kloxo, which was installed via an image through the vps, was corrupt, as both Horde and Roundcube mail clients did not work. As this cannot be corrected within either the vps or Kloxo, I asked David from DME to look into the issue, as it was clearly a DC problem. I have a working vps at the moment running Kloxo, and both Horde and Roundcube work perfectly! These are the facts!
    He doesn't work for DME, he is simply reading the previous post by me...
      0 Not allowed!

David, then don't provide Kloxo as a panel option, if you guys don't know how to create a correct install image of it with the OS! As I said, I have a vps at the moment working perfectly well with no issues, and no need for any support tickets!
      0 Not allowed!

wat3v3r, you work for DME? If not, then how do you know they suspended me? I cancelled myself, after the vps was not accessable for hours, as my ticket shows above, and NOT because of Kloxo issues.
    Uhh no it is because i know how to read a thread before posting. I suggest you do so too before posting any more statements....

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    Provide me the ticket number of you not being able to access your VPS. You never once mentioned anything about that, or are you referring to us suspending the VPS after we received a chargeback?

The fact of the matter is, Kloxo, which was installed via an image through the vps, was corrupt, as both Horde and Roundcube mail clients did not work. As this cannot be corrected within either the vps or Kloxo, I asked David from DME to look into the issue, as it was clearly a DC problem. I have a working vps at the moment running Kloxo, and both Horde and Roundcube work perfectly! These are the facts!
    You did not mention this at all.. In fact you said the VPS was not functioning/working. Which would not match the statement you made now. The VPS is working but you are having trouble setting the OS up.
      0 Not allowed!

wat3v3r. THE VPS LINK VIA IE AND FIREFOX WAS NOT ACCESSABLE! AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A SIMPLE CLICK AND INSTALL OF THE OS! AGAIN, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, SO WHY BOTHER POSTING HERE?
      0 Not allowed!

wat3v3r. THE VPS LINK VIA IE AND FIREFOX WAS NOT ACCESSABLE! AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A SIMPLE CLICK AND INSTALL OF THE OS! AGAIN, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, SO WHY BOTHER POSTING HERE?
    You are again changing your statements now.. first it was horde and roundcube not working (right so you were able to check or install this even when vps link was not accessible?) Now you are claiming VPS link was not accessible??

Please refrain from posting in caps lock... you are not gonna scare me or anything more likely it just makes you look more childish over here. This is a discussion forum... not a place where you complain about a host and everyone has to chime in to support you. If you post an issue on a forum we can criticize or support as per OUR opinions not YOURS.
      0 Not allowed!

wat3v3r. Please mind your own business, if you want to host with DME or anyone else, then you are free to. I don't need to explain anything to you, as you have difficulties in understanding!
      0 Not allowed!

THIS IS A PLACE TO WARN OTHERS WHO ARE LOOKING TO BUY HOSTING SERVICES, SO THAT THEY DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES!
      0 Not allowed!

this is from an email sent to David of DME about why I wanted to cancel. I am sure David can confirm this.

I am not leaving because of the problems with Kloxo, but the fact that your vps has been non accessable for many hours, and changes that I need to make could not be done

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast