* QuickWeb review (and comments on support)

So tonight I had quite a night with the support people at QuickWeb, VPS provider. www.quickweb.co.nz First of all, I want everyone to know, QuickWeb as a VPS provider is excellent. Prices are great, service is great, but support I have to say is so-so. Support will get you what you want every time, I haven't had them fail on me yet, but sometimes I feel like I have to beat around the bush, like I did tonight.

I have two VPS packages with QuickWeb, one that runs my websites, and one I consider my "play" one, which is running a minecraft server for me and a few friends. My Minecraft VPS got suspended today and so of course, I went running to Support asking why I got suspended. They said it was because I was using too many resources (mainly CPU) and the node I was on was pretty full, and so my server had to be shut off so that other VPS users would have resources available and to prevent data loss. Ok, sorry about that quickweb. I didn't know I was using too much CPU and I certainly will look into it, but I don't think it was using that much. A friend of mine, also with QuickWeb was suspended and he was told he was using too much Ram, more than 25%, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Anyway they suggested to both me and my friend to move our VPS servers to another node that doesn't have as many users, then we could use our resources more freely. Awesome, I was all game for that, so I gave them the go ahead to do it after I got a change to backup my stuff. Once I backed up, they moved my VPS. I got a new IP so I had to update my domains, that is not a problem with me though. Once they moved me they said
    ok new VPS sent
    Ok great! Now I can begin using my VPS. When I logged in the Control Panel, I noticed there were a few problems. I purchased Time machine backup package, an annual package and when I got moved to the new node the time machine slot wasn't available. Plus when I signed up for the VPS I was under the deal with "50% more ram free". But when I got moved to the other node, I lose 50% of the ram. So I sent a ticket:

Oh wait, I don't have VPS Time machine on here. I purchased it on the other server but it's not included on here. I would like to have one slot.
    And the reply was:
    we cannot tell yet until your server is causing problems
    What does that mean? So I sent back a reply asking for clarification. Then a few minutes later I said:
    Also, I was on the plan that I would get 50% more ram, I now only have 512, when I did have 768 (that means that with the ram plus burst I use to have 1GB). So now I have less ram the the deal I had before PLUS I don't have the VPS Time Machine slot that I paid for. I am expecting these back.
    And I got a reply saying:
    so far you are good, we cannot say when you will overuse your resources.

Kind Regards
    What? At this point I got a little bit frustrated because I felt like my replys are just being "skimmed" and not being read. Plus it was almost 11PM, it had been a long day for me and I was getting tired so I wanted to get everything sorted out before I hit the hay. So, I sent back this:

Oh my Gosh *name of support rep*, read the ticket! My patience is running thin now and I expect you to read this. Read this post carefully.

FIRST: I paid for VPS Time machine. I use it to do quick backups for maintenance. I had one slot purchased for crazyminecraft VPS. I see it in my invoices, I paid for one year and I don't have it. It says it has been terminated and I did not terminate it. I expect it back on the new node, the one with IP 184.171.160.74. I should have one slot available under central backup, at this time I don't and since I paid for it I want it back.

SECOND: QuickWeb had a promotion when the crazyminecraft vps was purchased that I would get 50% more RAM. The package I purchased was Supa VZ 1, it originally had 512MB for that plan but with the deal me and QuickWeb had agreed to, 50% more would be 768MB of Ram. Then, with the Burst ram added on that would equal 1GB. Right now, it only totals to 768 with the burst added on. So I am waiting for you to make necessary changes so I get the original specs that I had before.

I can upload screenshots of proof that I had each of these features but I'm pretty sure that somewhere you can go back on your records and look through my services.

I hope I made myself very clear this time and I am expecting a reply shortly.
    I got my message across that time and got the reply:
    we are so busy at the moment time machine will be added shortly please be patient a bit
    I perfectly understand that, it can't be an easy job trying to keep up with so many tickets, so I sent that reply on and thanked them for the hard work, and got the reply:

all done now, if it isn't added yet earlier it doesn't mean it will NOT be added later!
    Awesome thanks for the work and restoring service... BUT I can honestly say that if I even knew they were still working on my VPS I wouldn't have sent all the replies to the ticket. When the guy switched my vps earlier and said: "ok new VPS sent " I was under the impression that the whole switch was completed. When I discovered that I didn't have everything I had before of course I sent requests for them, like anybody would. I only got frustrated because I felt like replys I sent were only being "skimmed" and not read through.

I completely understand that you are busy and want to get everything done quickly and in a timely manner, but I would rather have quality, not quantity. I would have been happier to get an explanation saying we are currently very busy but we will get to you as soon as possible instead of sending replies unrelated to what I was saying. I feel like in previous tickets before too I got the similar feeling, where my replies were only being skimmed and not read through, so answers weren't really what I was expecting.

To the support people and if anyone from QuickWeb is reading this, I am in no way mad at anyone there, you folks to a terrific job and I intend on staying with you for years to come. BUT I am a bit picky when it comes to support, and I would make the suggestion asking that you folks would try to slow down and read the tickets. As a customer it shows 30 minute replies, but if it's getting hard to give these 30 minute replies, then maybe you might want to look into either getting a bigger staff, or change that 30 minutes to 60 minutes. It'd be nicer to wait longer but get a better support service then having fast comments that aren't really what you're talking about, because really all it is doing is wasting time in the long run.

If communication was better, I would have expected someone say in the support ticket something like, we have switched your vps over, but we are still going to be working on it to get back your time machine so it may be a little while before it is all completed... something along those lines, I would have shut my mouth and not said another word. Since I didn't get that (lack of communication) I send all those replies. So anyway that is my suggestion.

Maybe I sound picky but that is my review. All in all, as for the service, I'd say you can't find anything better. Price wise, can't beat it, but support, I think there is a little room for improvement. If you were to ask me would I suggest this to a friend, I'd say for sure, because when it works you can't beat it.

Anyway that's my little picky review, I hope this enlightens someone. I'd like to close it saying keep up the good job QuickWeb, it is appreciated what you do because the service rocks, and while I feel like I had a rough time with customer support tonight, I am a happy customer
    Last edited by jsebean; 08-30-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Hey, thanks for your review and i will take this comment on board for further improvement, I notice you keep bumping on tickets and it will just cause delay our staff are tying to work as fast as they to service everyone
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

I understand that QuickWeb manages a lot of clients, but the quality of support reported here seems a little low, and unprofessional as well... if there are that many support requests, hire some more dedicated support operators who can take the time to sort issues immediately (finish it in 1-2 tickets, not 7, saves time anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by vzhosting View Post
    I understand that QuickWeb manages a lot of clients, but the quality of support reported here seems a little low, and unprofessional as well... if there are that many support requests, hire some more dedicated support operators who can take the time to sort issues immediately (finish it in 1-2 tickets, not 7, saves time anyway).
    well it is not always like that i can assure you, there's just some bumps happened here with client's server causing CPU spikes because they are running minecraft which is known to be CPU intensive, this client was migrated to new more powerful server which obviously some of the FREE upgrade was not immediately applied but definitely was corrected even after client being little impatient (which we can understand) and kept on bumping his ticket.

Sure competitors will find this an opportunity to hit us even without seeing the whole picture what i can assure of is this client was over all satisfied with the end result and he was not actually waiting for hours and hours and even days like other hosts, this was just increment of less than 30 minutes, as far as support goes remember we are people too with feelings if clients becoming unreasonable and impatient it can impact on our motivation to help and go out our ways... there are tons of clients who are polite in dealing with our support staffs and as far as i found by reviewing support tickets they always do amazing job to clients satisfaction, there may be imperfect days and 1 in 100 tickets may not have 100% satisfactory routes taken but end result is always the same client with a smile in their face.
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Thanks for your honest review mate. As Roel said I hope they would take it in the right sense and try to improve. After all that is one of the purposes of such reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Thanks for your honest review mate. As Roel said I hope they would take it in the right sense and try to improve. After all that is one of the purposes of such reviews.
    i can assure you this ticket is one in a 100, yeah hitting 100/100 all the time is always good goal and i will try my best to be that way

but if you look at the bright side even at imperfect situation over all this client walk away satisfied... to our clients if you think your ticket is not immediately being handled to your satisfaction and reasonable time frame please feel free to ping me rg(at)quickweb.co.nz and i will speed up things for you.
    Last edited by QuickWeb-Roel; 08-31-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    i can assure you this ticket is one in a 100, yeah hitting 100/100 all the time is always good goal and i will try my best to be that way

but if you look at the bright side even at imperfect situation over all this client walk away satisfied.
    Yes, I could see that he is a satisfied customer overall. The point where he got frustrated is that he did not get replies for his queries and instead some replies had no connection with his queries. As his over all impression is very good, we, hosts need to make sure that such replies would not happen in future to destroy the reputation . I admit that once in a while such incidents might occur. Keep up the good work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Yes, I could see that he is a satisfied customer overall. The point where he got frustrated is that he did not get replies for his queries and instead some replies had no connection with his queries. As his over all impression is very good, we, hosts need to make sure that such replies would not happen in future to destroy the reputation . I admit that once in a while such incidents might occur. Keep up the good work mate.
    based on my analysis of support tickets he and his friends were being moved at the same time they have two different tickets for same case, our staff get confused who he had talking to as his friend kept on asking about how he will know he is overloading the server and i can see the technician got mixed up and mistakenly answer this client instead of his friend which caused confusion, I apologize to this client if that cause inconvenience to him and that is not the staff's intention who's just wanting to go direct to the point as there are quite a few on his plate that time waiting down the line.
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    based on my analysis of support tickets he and his friends were being moved at the same time they have two different tickets for same case, our staff get confused who he had talking to as his friend kept on asking about how he will know he is overloading the server and i can see the technician got mixed up and mistakenly answer this client instead of his friend which caused confusion, I apologize to this client if that cause inconvenience to him and that is not the staff's intention who's just wanting to go direct to the point as there are quite a few on his plate that time waiting down the line.
    Okay Roel, it makes sense now. Actually I have discussed it based on his review and not sure about what happened there in actual ticket. Thanks for clarifying regarding this. I believe this is the importance of hearing both side of the stories.

Ahh ok that clarifies it. That's why I got responses that were unrelated.

As for the CPU spikes I apologize if I caused any trouble I did not realize that, I will try to make sure it wont happen again and if it does I'll just take minecraft off of it and put some websites on the server, after all it's only a game right. The game is in beta still so it's bound to have a few bugs. Causing chaos for other people on the server is the last thing I want to do so if it happens again click it off or something and I'll take it off

Also I hope I didn't drive you guys up the wall with me bumping the ticket or something, I will try be more patient next time. Thanks for the replies Roel it is very appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jsebean View Post
    Ahh ok that clarifies it. That's why I got responses that were unrelated.

As for the CPU spikes I apologize if I caused any trouble I did not realize that, I will try to make sure it wont happen again and if it does I'll just take minecraft off of it and put some websites on the server, after all it's only a game right. The game is in beta still so it's bound to have a few bugs. Causing chaos for other people on the server is the last thing I want to do so if it happens again click it off or something and I'll take it off

Also I hope I didn't drive you guys up the wall with me bumping the ticket or something, I will try be more patient next time. Thanks for the replies Roel it is very appreciated
    nothing to worry about, customer satisfaction is very important to us
    www.quickweb.co.nz