Unhappy burst.net support very slow response

Hey everyone,

Two days ago I purchased a VPS from burst.net. It was setup within 15 minutes since their system is automated, however, the problem is that their automated system doesn't install DirectAdmin and using their vePanel, it requires a DA license - which I paid for.

I tried contacting their support, however, still two days later they are unresponsive.

Does anyone know if burst.net support has gone down the gutter lately? Last year when I used them for a VPS, they were pretty good and quickly handled another user hogging cpu on my box. However, now they don't reply at all.

Ticket # 2836023 in case burst.net is still crawling these forums.

Which department did you contact? It's very common for billing/sales not to be in on Sundays. So, it would really be 27ish hours since you made your request.

BurstNet is quite cheap, and quite possible swamped with sales/billing requests. They are a budget provider. They do browse these forums. BurstNet is a great company, so you at least have that.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

Quote Originally Posted by EndServer View Post
    Which department did you contact? It's very common for billing/sales not to be in on Sundays. So, it would really be 27ish hours since you made your request.
    All of their departments are very slow. I used them in the past for a personal project and getting an OS reload on a server took 5 days to complete (3 business days)
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    All of their departments are very slow. I used them in the past for a personal project and getting an OS reload on a server took 5 days to complete (3 business days)
    I can't really comment on the time it took to answer your request, but I do know that from my own experience, that their support never took more than a few hours, generally less. Of course, these could have been at different times. Their network was very good. Their nodes were subject to the occasional abuser, but those always got sorted very quickly. I find that for their prices, they really do offer what you're ordered + some.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

We are always crawling.

We are working on automating license applications as well. I will look into this and make sure your DA gets licensed quickly (My guess is the person responsible went home sick yesterday).
    BurstNET_CSM - The Honey to BurstNET's Vinegar
    www.burst.net & www.burstnet.eu

A quick update:

I was correct. Someone who works in the department for licenses had taken ownership of your order, but had become ill and went home and forgot to move the order back into the department's queue.

Your license is active and placed onto your VPS account.

Please note that there have been issues with CENTOS 6 and the beta license for it at DA. If you have issues, please try loading CENTOS 5, and asking our support department to change the licenses over for you.

Sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    A quick update:

I was correct. Someone who works in the department for licenses had taken ownership of your order, but had become ill and went home and forgot to move the order back into the department's queue.

Your license is active and placed onto your VPS account.

Please note that there have been issues with CENTOS 6 and the beta license for it at DA. If you have issues, please try loading CENTOS 5, and asking our support department to change the licenses over for you.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much

Hey BurstNET CSM, any chance you could look into this ticket again? DA still won't install. I've taken your advice and performed an OS reload with CentOS5 and also updated the ticket but again no response. Since I've had this VPS for 3 days now, I wouldn't mind finally getting it up and going.

Try again now. Your license has been changed for centos 5

Hello,

Just my opinion and personal experience on BurstNet. It seems that we can get a faster respond from BurstNet or BurstNet_CSM in here rather than using their own ticket support system.
    It's not only one or two cases, but it's a lot of case of BurstNet solved in this forum. Maybe BurstNet can start optimizing it's support system for better customer service. Well, once again this just my opinion. No offence purposes at all.
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by SerayaHost View Post
    Hello,

Just my opinion and personal experience on BurstNet. It seems that we can get a faster respond from BurstNet or BurstNet_CSM in here rather than using their own ticket support system.
    It's not only one or two cases, but it's a lot of case of BurstNet solved in this forum. Maybe BurstNet can start optimizing it's support system for better customer service. Well, once again this just my opinion. No offence purposes at all.
    Thanks..
    Hmmm. We would MUCH rather you open ONE MORE TICKET in our system, and ask for a manager, then come running here trying to treat WHT as a support desk.