Through with Reseller hosting, looking for VPS

Hello all,

I have decided to move away from reseller packages that tend to be unstable at certain times. I host mostly my own sites. what i really want is a stable infrastructure. Whenever i hit the url on the browser it comes out. Somehow , reseller boxes tend to be a bit overloaded i believe. That is why I am looking for a VPS since I would like to host something more critical.

Any managed VPS provider (US) with great network / shortest hops? I always liked the LA Mzima One Wilshire infra, except even in the reseller packages (not too expensive ones) they are really hard to come by

Joshua

It seems that you are having some problems which are related to your web hosting provider and they are not related to the kind of web hosting service. Reseller package is easy to manage. I suppose you may need to get out new reseller package with new web hosting company.

Hi SiberForum,

I did try to get on really good reseller packages, which do not oversell. Often, they only allow 10 cpanel accounts or so. And when I wanted more I have to pay more. I am just trying to get a balance here. Paying the most expensive package does not seems to make value for money especially when some of these sites are really dormant

I have over the last 5 years changed many resellers. Kind of tiring moving from host to host.

Joshua

Reseller accounts shouldn't be overloaded, is not something that must happen, but it may though.

BTW, ivoxlab.com is reported as insecure by Mcafee site advisor.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Reseller accounts shouldn't be overloaded, is not something that must happen, but it may though.

BTW, ivoxlab.com is reported as insecure by Mcafee site advisor.
    Interesting mcafee. That is not the site I normally get clients onto. Anyway probably wipe out this old site later . Thanks for the info.

Wise decision to move to VPS hosting. I suggest looking for Xen or KVM VPSes.

I was thinking of two VPS providers I have used that I like, located in California, but both are un-managed only. Burst.net is in Los Angeles, and BuyVM is in the Bay Area. (Burst actually does have "full management" for a $50 add-on, which is an expensive option).

You could go with a BuyVM VPS and hire someone like WebbyCart to secure it, and then call on them when needed. If you are using cPanel, you probably would not need the management services more than once a year or so.

Check the "VPS Hosting Offers" here on Web Hosting Talk, plenty of West Coast providers.You should also be able to get Managed services at no cost.
    SCOTT CORBIN http://www.zipservers.com/
    Managed Hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers
    "Award Winning Hosting" TOLL FREE: 1-800-560-3450
    DATA CENTERS : Dallas, Seattle, Washington, D.C., and London, UK.

Scott,

Thanks for replying. I did have a look there asking here. Much to my surprise some of them do not provide a file test on their website. approval. Some file test link don't work. Some requires management approval . Then I have to google them in WHT for reviews. I thought I'd send out a post and see what kind of information I get

Joshua

MDDHosting.com is where I have my VPS, and I highly recommend them. Very short hop from Los Angeles to the Denver datacenter where they have their servers. I think they are out of stock of VPS at the moment though (and they can be pricey, but you get a lot for the price). They do have their server uptimes posted, as well Pingdom analysis of ping times from various countries. (One other criteria I use is if the company has their support forums open to the public so you can see the comments there).

We have ours at Hudson Valley Hosting. Great place, great support.
    Hosting - At it's Simple Best!
    Get your Business, Blog or Personal Site Online in an Affordable way.
    https://www.fdwhostingco,com