Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1

    Thumbs up SpeedySparrow, so far the best host i have ever seen!

    I have promissed this review sometime ago to Sean on a support ticket to be on my website, but since my website is in portuguese and most people here probably don't read portuguese, i will be posting a english review ^^
    I will be posting a more detailed one on my website tomorrow if anyone wanna read... but well... portuguese.

    I created this account for two reasons: To find a new webhost for my new project (that is adult based, so can't host with SpeedySparrow since they run with LiteSpeed) and to post this review about they great service.

    So let's see... first of all, sorry for my english. I'm not really good with it yet... still learning.

    I have been with SpeedySparrow for about a month now i think. I'm hosting a small website, personal one to share my knowledge about WordPress, SEO, website optimization, Android and Ubuntu, running on WordPress with lots of optimizations and some plugins on it.

    My default page load time is about 1 second on the first view, and instant on the second view on this webhost. For the matter of comparasion, my last webhost, PacificHost, with the same plugins and optimizations than with SpeedySparrow, used to load in 3 seconds on first view. Not much i agree, but i'm kinda adicted to speed.

    They plans are very great, with lots of great features (CloudLinux + LiteSpeed + eAccelerator + CloudFlare = win) and i supose they do some optimizations on they servers too. eAccelerator is installed by default on shared hosting, what helped me choose then in the first place.

    So far i have 100% uptime with them and no problem at all. They speed is awesome, they plans are the same and they support... holy mother of god... they support is just the best i have ever found.

    I have hosted websites for some clients in HostGator before and thought they had the best support ever... untill finding SpeedySparrow. They support is so great they actualy become your friends... and i can say i see Sean as a friend now, cause not only he gave me a insane support (over tickets AND twitter) but he also helped me with stuffs that maybe he isn't even obligated to help.

    My next project, the adult one... he actualy searched about the hosts i asked them about to see if they was good and stuffs... he searched and saved my time a lot, cause i probably would get scammed without him.

    For all that, the awesome support (even before i hosted with them, Sean was already helping me on Twitter), the awesome speed, plans and pricing... i have to say: SpeedySparrow is just the best host i have ever seen.

    To be better they only had to let me host my adult project... then it would be perfect xD
    If anyone wanna test the speed you can see my website, just google "Julian Fernandes" and look for a domain with ".br" on the final.... it's the first result here (i'm not sure i can post urls here, sorry).

    Thanks for your time everyone... and thank SpeedySparrow for the host ^^
    Oh, almost forgot... i'm using they Shared Host plans ^^
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Glad to hear you're having a good time with them!
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixape View Post
    Glad to hear you're having a good time with them!
    Better than good i would say ^^
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Thanks for the kind words Julian.

    You forgot to add "OnApp" to the mix of things, it does an amazing job and probably why it loads your site pretty damn fast!

    I am overall glad you are satisfied with our hard work and that you are happy with the performance, I am sure on the other hand though you will find a place for your adult website but sadly due to the restrictions that are imposed by LiteSpeed it was not something we were willing to risk in hosting.

    I am sure you will find a new host for that site though, if we had one that was operating on Apache we'd have no hesitation to help you on that front but because only our VPS Systems come standard with Apache then it be the only option available at the current time.

    Thanks again Julian!
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Fernandes View Post
    If anyone wanna test the speed you can see my website, just google "Julian Fernandes" and look for a domain with ".br" on the final.... it's the first result here (i'm not sure i can post urls here, sorry).
    Just the domain would have been fine, doesn't need to be a link.
    I'd rather you posted it here so the moderators don't have to jump though hoops to find it.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6

    * hummhum

    sounds cool, good job speedy

    still i got a question for @Julian Fernandes ^_^ are you using cloudflare? well you probably are using it, and that... takes a bit out of the real performance you do get with speedysparrow, you do realize that?

    not that speedy isnt cool, but cloudflare masks a LOT of the performance problems of a host, like... load, speed, caching, uptime...

    so when you review a host (and only a month in) and you are using cloudflare, it kinda... well its more a review of speedys good support and cloudflare's awesome cdn, and not so much of speedys hosting, no? ^_^
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    Just the domain would have been fine, doesn't need to be a link.
    I'd rather you posted it here so the moderators don't have to jump though hoops to find it.
    julianfernandes.com.br is the domain ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    sounds cool, good job speedy

    still i got a question for @Julian Fernandes ^_^ are you using cloudflare? well you probably are using it, and that... takes a bit out of the real performance you do get with speedysparrow, you do realize that?

    not that speedy isnt cool, but cloudflare masks a LOT of the performance problems of a host, like... load, speed, caching, uptime...

    so when you review a host (and only a month in) and you are using cloudflare, it kinda... well its more a review of speedys good support and cloudflare's awesome cdn, and not so much of speedys hosting, no? ^_^
    I did tested it without CloudFlare too ^^
    It's one of the first things i do when i get a new webhost, to see what the real performance is
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    sounds cool, good job speedy
    Thank you.

    still i got a question for @Julian Fernandes ^_^ are you using cloudflare? well you probably are using it, and that... takes a bit out of the real performance you do get with speedysparrow, you do realize that?
    It can take on some of the caching and can reduce server load, lower HTTP requests, as well as reduce server load. But the site still does impact the server and still does use the server resources, it can work both ways - normally for a text based site (static) it really does not improve it that much but does seem to stop a lot of attacks.

    CloudFlare can be quite beneficial, but there are people out there who agree to disagree on the use of CloudFlare.

    not that speedy isnt cool, but cloudflare masks a LOT of the performance problems of a host, like... load, speed, caching, uptime...
    If the DNS was to go down on the host, chances are the site will also appear down, it can increase there performance but is not a service that is going to guarantee more/less uptime.

    It can increase performance whilst spreading content globally, but at the end of the day it should not really make a difference.

    so when you review a host (and only a month in) and you are using cloudflare, it kinda... well its more a review of speedys good support and cloudflare's awesome cdn, and not so much of speedys hosting, no? ^_^
    I can confirm that Julian has used both CloudFlare enabled and disabled during his one month journey with us - so it reflects on both fronts! I am sure Julian will make another update in another 2 to 3 months but till then everyone can take on there own thoughts to Julians review.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Good review here. Sean always here so I suppose OP can consider WHT as another channel to be in touch.
    Good work Sean and good luck.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Good review here. Sean always here so I suppose OP can consider WHT as another channel to be in touch.
    Good work Sean and good luck.
    Actually, WHT is not an support channel for our company. All support requests should be placed using the communication methods listed on our website (ticket system, phone or live chat).

    @Julian; Thanks for the great review, glad to hear that you are happy with our services!
    l Spiral Hosting Limited • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2003
    l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.SpiralHosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    94
    It's always pleasant to read nice reviews of the host.
    Thanks for sharing.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    @Sparrow-Sean sure sure, but cloudflare can work even if dns is down on the host (always on and cloudflare is hosting the dns, so it doesn't matter if the hosts node goes down with their dns)... and im notdownplaying the quality of speedysparrow hosting, just saying that in a month's time and using cloudflare you cant really give a good review of the hosting provider.

    and yes even if you are using cloudflare, you still need hosting, and the better the hosting, the better the performance you will get, if the users site wasn't caching everything for sure speedysparrow hosting would have to do the hard work, but the user is doing the right thing and caching, so speedysparrow is probably just doing like 1/3 of the hosting right now (at least in terms of hits, bandwidth), thats just my opinion ^_^'
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    @Sparrow-Sean sure sure, but cloudflare can work even if dns is down on the host (always on and cloudflare is hosting the dns, so it doesn't matter if the hosts node goes down with their dns)...
    I am yet to see that work on the FREE version of CloudFlare, it may be possible on the $20.00 a month professional option but I have tested the FREE version on multiple sites and took the DNS down and they all failed.

    So wondering where that line ends.

    and im notdownplaying the quality of speedysparrow hosting, just saying that in a month's time and using cloudflare you cant really give a good review of the hosting provider.
    Sure, I understand that. However, the client stills uses our (dns, bandwidth, diskspace, and other features) on the service. So, in respect to what you are saying a review does not just cover the areas that you think should not be covered if CloudFlare is in use.

    and yes even if you are using cloudflare, you still need hosting, and the better the hosting, the better the performance you will get, if the users site wasn't caching everything for sure speedysparrow hosting would have to do the hard work, but the user is doing the right thing and caching, so speedysparrow is probably just doing like 1/3 of the hosting right now (at least in terms of hits, bandwidth), thats just my opinion ^_^'
    That is surely your own opinion, but the user still uses our dns, still uses our bandwidth, still uses the features, diskspace, and then uses our support and everything else that comes with it. So in all honesty it really does not matter if the user is using CloudFlare or not to give a positive or negative review on his experience.

    CloudFlare is just an add-on to the service, the user has the option to use it or not and we provide support to that, but as CloudFlare's add-on is just like a caching mechanism and/or (Content Delivery) which caches and spreads his/her content globally for better load times he still uses our resources to make that happen!
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    oh well, seems we have had a different experience with cloudflare, i host mostly on my own vps and as such i have a good control of the resources being used, and i do use cloudflare on a couple of my sites that are incredibly resource hungry, so i do have some experience on both sides and can see the full effect of using cloudflare, and not just for a month.

    im not too sure why you downplay it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    I am yet to see that work on the FREE version of CloudFlare, it may be possible on the $20.00 a month professional option but I have tested the FREE version on multiple sites and took the DNS down and they all failed.

    So wondering where that line ends.
    Thats just because they are using your dns and cloudflare is just redirecting through CNAMES, if the user signs up directly with cloudflare he will not use speedysparrow dns and his site will work (in cached mode) regardless of the node being down or the node dns being down, so im wondering where the line ends when you are giving to your user a crippled free service...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    That is surely your own opinion, but the user still uses our dns, still uses our bandwidth, still uses the features, diskspace, and then uses our support and everything else that comes with it. So in all honesty it really does not matter if the user is using CloudFlare or not to give a positive or negative review on his experience.
    Absolutely, but just because its my opinion, doesn't mean its not the right opinion, sure the user still uses all of that, wait... i mean a third of all of that (with the exception of support), cloudflare sounds wonderful...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    CloudFlare is just an add-on to the service, the user has the option to use it or not and we provide support to that, but as CloudFlare's add-on is just like a caching mechanism and/or (Content Delivery) which caches and spreads his/her content globally for better load times he still uses our resources to make that happen!
    Again right on the money, but he is using it, and then gives a glaring review about the performance of the hosting, and thats the main point of cloudflare! performance! cloudflare is more than just a plain CDN, its not just caching, its optimizing the site, its protecting it from problems, its bypassing a LOT of what speedysparrow provides, speedysparrow hosting is most likely not responsible for the performance gain of the user!

    If the user disables cloudflare for a month and then comes back saying speedysparrow is the best thing ever since spicy carrot cake (what! its delicious), then ill give speedysparrow my full compliments on a job well done ^-^ as of now, good job on support and keeping your dns up.
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    oh well, seems we have had a different experience with cloudflare, i host mostly on my own vps and as such i have a good control of the resources being used, and i do use cloudflare on a couple of my sites that are incredibly resource hungry, so i do have some experience on both sides and can see the full effect of using cloudflare, and not just for a month.
    How are you exactly using CloudFlare, via the plugin from cPanel that comes with being a partner to CloudFlare or are you simply using the normal setup from CloudFlare?

    im not too sure why you downplay it...
    Not sure what I am down-playing exactly?

    Thats just because they are using your dns and cloudflare is just redirecting through CNAMES, if the user signs up directly with cloudflare he will not use speedysparrow dns and his site will work (in cached mode) regardless of the node being down or the node dns being down, so im wondering where the line ends when you are giving to your user a crippled free service...
    the OP is not actually using CloudFlare directly, he is using our nameservers but using our CloudFlare Plugin which again uses the DNS settings from our end to reflect on the CloudFlare side - any DNS changes that he/she needs to make need to be done on our end on not via CloudFlare.

    Absolutely, but just because its my opinion, doesn't mean its not the right opinion, sure the user still uses all of that, wait... i mean a third of all of that (with the exception of support), cloudflare sounds wonderful...
    Well, at the end of the day as I mentioned it really does not matter if he is using full, half, or quarter of it. He still uses our services and your comments are simply trying to downgrade the qaulity of the review (just my opinion).

    Again right on the money, but he is using it, and then gives a glaring review about the performance of the hosting, and thats the main point of cloudflare! performance! cloudflare is more than just a plain CDN, its not just caching, its optimizing the site, its protecting it from problems, its bypassing a LOT of what speedysparrow provides, speedysparrow hosting is most likely not responsible for the performance gain of the user!
    Well CloudFlare is just that option, the user can choose to use it or not, it is entirely up to them and we are not going to stop them from using it. No matter the situation, cloudFlare is beneficial and does protect users from threats, and outside attacks, as well as caching and improving performance

    If the user disables cloudflare for a month and then comes back saying speedysparrow is the best thing ever since spicy carrot cake (what! its delicious), then ill give speedysparrow my full compliments on a job well done ^-^ as of now, good job on support and keeping your dns up.
    Perhaps, find out how the plugin physically works and then come back with your full understanding rather than just using the main CloudFlare service via the CloudFlare website. Other than that, we appreciate your input and to not derail the thread from the OP's review we may as well leave it as it be.

    If you want to discuss this further don't hesitate to shoot me a PM (Private Message).
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    hai hai, no point on me continuing, i already said my peace... and altough i dont agree entirely with what @Sparrow-Sean said, i've only heard good things about speedysparrow ^_^
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Just to end up this silly discussion.

    I did not put it on the review, and i guess i will update it soon. Well... i use CloudFlare more or less since it came out. I ended up making a friendship with the guys, and sadly for them... i use they ticket system a lot.. poor guys xD

    Anyway... i always do two tests. One with CloudFlare and one without... first without, to see if the server really can handle himself, cause i can't just rely on CloudFlare when if someday idk... my website stay on the front page of Digg.

    Truth being said, NO host can handle that without CloudFlare. If my website ever be on Digg front page, i'm sure not even Speedy could handle it, and no other webhost would on a shared hosting plan. But what made me review SpeedySparrow and not the other thousands webhosts i have been using for 5~6 years now, is the single fact that even without CloudFlare, they are still fast.

    I tested without CloudFlare, just with my own optimizations on my code and plugins for that on WordPress... still fast. Tested with CloudFlare, faster... simple. But the point is: Even with CloudFlare enabled, other hosts as slower than SpeedySparrow. That is the main point of my "they have the best perfomance" review. Cause with all my optimizations plus CloudFlare, they are the fastest i tryed.

    I'm on this "business" for 5, maybe 6 years... i'm not a kid anymore @fiend. It's my work, i have to be sure things work, since i can't just trow my clients in any webhost. I would not review a host if i wasn't sure about they work... this is the first host i review, simple because this is the first host i actualy got a good service from. From support to features, from features to performance... SpeedySparrow beat any host i have ever tryed.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    silly? i say not at all!

    see using your host for 5min/6hours/1day/1week/1month is a very big difference, and by that i mean your test means very little, as an example: if you do your test at a time of low traffic, or if your site has normally low traffic, or if your site is very popular, or if your internet line is busy, there are too many variables that make it hard to get the real picture.

    thats why tests normally take a long time, people employ different methods and a lot is done to try and find some highs and lows and a nice average, so we can get a nice conclusion, the only thing i get from your tests is that at the time the site was fast and then with cloudflare its faster, great! but still a bit subjective, no?

    now digg?... or whatever burst of traffic you might get, i think you are kinda selling speedysparrow and a lot of hosts short, you would be surprised how many would be able to handle it, including speedysparrow (litespeed is a beast), so im not too sure about your fears of unlikely future failures...

    well years mean nothing, you can be 100 and ignorant or 10 years old and brilliant, my point was that by using cloudflare we cant really judge speedysparrow's performance, just that! and your points just confirmed what i said, its not a critique of you or speedysparrow or cloudflare, its just my opinion of your review, and that's not silly, is it?
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    silly? i say not at all!

    see using your host for 5min/6hours/1day/1week/1month is a very big difference, and by that i mean your test means very little, as an example: if you do your test at a time of low traffic, or if your site has normally low traffic, or if your site is very popular, or if your internet line is busy, there are too many variables that make it hard to get the real picture.

    thats why tests normally take a long time, people employ different methods and a lot is done to try and find some highs and lows and a nice average, so we can get a nice conclusion, the only thing i get from your tests is that at the time the site was fast and then with cloudflare its faster, great! but still a bit subjective, no?

    now digg?... or whatever burst of traffic you might get, i think you are kinda selling speedysparrow and a lot of hosts short, you would be surprised how many would be able to handle it, including speedysparrow (litespeed is a beast), so im not too sure about your fears of unlikely future failures...

    well years mean nothing, you can be 100 and ignorant or 10 years old and brilliant, my point was that by using cloudflare we cant really judge speedysparrow's performance, just that! and your points just confirmed what i said, its not a critique of you or speedysparrow or cloudflare, its just my opinion of your review, and that's not silly, is it?
    My point is actualy prety simple. The host work great. Done.
    In the end of the day is what we wanna hear and is what we need. Just like that.
    Other hosts did not worked at all for me, even big names like HostGator. They just could not handle my speedy adictiveness. SpeedySparrow can.

    That is all i need to know. And that is all most people need to know. They can handle it? Yes. They are fast? Yes. They support is great? Yes, above average. They prices is good? Yup. They performane is good? Yes, above average.

    Simple. I get your point, not saying i did not. I get the whole "you are reviwing with CloudFlare on, so it isn't so great" and stuffs. Don't get me wrong, i did got that and i did understand you. That is why i said i tend to do tests before CloudFlare, and sorry if i sound kinda rude sometimes... way of speak i guess.

    I also understand you aren't talking bad about SpeedySparrow, you are just making your point. But in a costumer point of view, i just have nothing to complain about them... and same about the persons i refered to the host. Not everyone know about CloudFlare... in fact, i wish more people would knew about them. Even if your host is partner with them, not everyone use... sadly i see big websites that could be a lot faster if they webmasters searched a little. If all those people aren't complaining about SpeedySparrow either... that mean something don't it?

    As i said... as a costumer, i'm prety happy with them and they performance. With CloudFlare or not, they are doing a great job. With CloudFlare or not, the others did not to me. That is my main point... and the reason why i made a review in the first place.

    Again... sorry if i was rude.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,245
    Nice to see another good review of speedysparrow.

    It is a shame though that someone decided to turn it from what it was, a review, to nitpicking about the use, or not, of cloudlinux. He should have started his own thread about it, instead of hyjacking someone elses, in my opinion.
    Hosting Community Talk - A new community orientated Webhosting discussion, guides, and industry news forum. Why not JOIN TODAY!
    My North Wales - A Community/Tourism discussion forum for residents and visitors to North Wales, United Kingdom.
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Quote Originally Posted by HostOrca View Post
    Nice to see another good review of speedysparrow.

    It is a shame though that someone decided to turn it from what it was, a review, to nitpicking about the use, or not, of cloudlinux. He should have started his own thread about it, instead of hyjacking someone elses, in my opinion.
    Thanks Gareth, I think we are all entitled to our own opinion and "Fiend" is right on that basis, otherwise on the same page as to what he is saying (any other review that comes to Webhostingtalk that has never used his providers own DNS except CloudFlare can never really be classified as a proper review) that is basically what is being said which is not quite appropriate.

    Otherwise, I will leave it as that otherwise it will just carry on with "opinions" and that is all they will be
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    @HostOrca i didn't hijack anything, are we supposed on any review here on wht to just say good job and leave it at that? i just wanted some clarification, if the user or speedysparrow, just said yeah sure, we would move on, but they downplayed it, like it didn't matter or was unrelated with the review, and i thought that wasn't totally honest... and its cloudflare, not cloudlinux, different things, why are you criticizing me if you don't even know what we are talking about?

    @Sparrow-Sean stop using an apostrophe with my username and opinions, both are exempt from irony, stop downplaying what i say, last time i checked an opinion is not devoid of fact and in this case its pure fact, i just didn't want to hurt your feelings...
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    @Sparrow-Sean stop using an apostrophe with my username and opinions, both are exempt from irony, stop downplaying what i say, last time i checked an opinion is not devoid of fact and in this case its pure fact, i just didn't want to hurt your feelings...
    I have already left that discussion, already noted it not be worth discussing it any further - if you have time to discuss it via other means that is fine, if not please let us drop this conversation regarding CloudFlare.

    I think it is perfectly fine for me to use "" Quotes as I am directing my comments towards you, if you do not like it please report it.

    You have moved on from an opinion to a fact, so please it is not the place or time to argue your personal thoughts on CloudFlare.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    @HostOrca i didn't hijack anything, are we supposed on any review here on wht to just say good job and leave it at that? i just wanted some clarification, if the user or speedysparrow, just said yeah sure, we would move on, but they downplayed it, like it didn't matter or was unrelated with the review, and i thought that wasn't totally honest... and its cloudflare, not cloudlinux, different things, why are you criticizing me if you don't even know what we are talking about?
    I still think it would have been more apropriate to open your own thread to discuss the merits of a review when using cloudflare, linking to this thread if you wanted to. Again, just my opinion.

    Personally, I do think you bring up some valid points.

    Also, sorry for putting cloudlinux, instead of cloudflare, was working on my new site design, specifically on a section about cloudlinux, when I posted this. Should not try to multi-task
    Hosting Community Talk - A new community orientated Webhosting discussion, guides, and industry news forum. Why not JOIN TODAY!
    My North Wales - A Community/Tourism discussion forum for residents and visitors to North Wales, United Kingdom.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    I have already left that discussion, already noted it not be worth discussing it any further - if you have time to discuss it via other means that is fine, if not please let us drop this conversation regarding CloudFlare.

    I think it is perfectly fine for me to use "" Quotes as I am directing my comments towards you, if you do not like it please report it.

    You have moved on from an opinion to a fact, so please it is not the place or time to argue your personal thoughts on CloudFlare.
    The same way you moved on from a conversation to just dismissing what i said... and just encase you don't know, an opinion can be based on fact! surprise fact! and anyone that reads this thread wont dispute what i said, well besides you, one of the interested parties, so go on and just ride the hell out of your high horse...
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    And that is what i get for making a freaking review about a service i liked =_=
    I "downplayed" you? I ****ing explained my review was based on other hosts USING cloudflare too, AND did the test without it too. Not to mention i said the whole time i got your freaking idea, just did not agreed with the opinion.

    For god's sake... this sounds like a discussion kids have on kindergarten =_=
    And i mean ALL of us.
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    ^^ No need to swear Julian

    I have ignored "Fiend" anyways, I have already stated there was no point arguing the facts about CloudFlare so at the end of the day it is only based around "opinions" which certainly do not seem like them when they are then noted as fact as one so elegantly substituted it as (which then be a case of, I know better) kind of scenario.

    I appreciate your review Julian, I do hope that the thread is no longer derailed by such users who think because they use the CloudFlare service they know every aspect on how it works!

    /End of that discussion.
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Sorry man... but waking up at 6am and see this as the first email you read wasn't the best way to start my day.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    sorry about that julian, but i had already said my peace, what i wont stand is Sparrow-Sean after all is said and done, keeps putting doubt on my valid remarks, if he had a good argument he would have said it before, it is quite childish indeed to keep using "" and keep insinuating that what i said isn't the truth, like i changed my mind or went back and contradict myself, its my opinion simply because i don't want to fall into a fallacy, still to this point and regarding this discussion everything i said corresponds with the truth.

    and i do hope the thread is no longer derailed by hosts who think because they are Cloudflare partners that they know every aspect of how it works!
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    760
    Well done speedysparrow another good review.
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Well done speedysparrow another good review.
    Thank you Stuart!
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,471
    It's like you're saying the SpeedySparrow service is only good because they're using CloudFlare. I don't think it matters what the host uses. The host can use whatever they like to get the best service possible.

    There is nothing wrong with doing that.

    Personally, I choose not to use CloudFlare due to the number of posts I've seen about issues with IPs, users being redirected to CloudFlare pages instead of the proper website, website taking ages to load when using CloudFlare plugin, CloudFlare servers going down or network issues causing sites to go down or not respond. Also there is no UK location yet either.

    It's just adding more point of failures to have to worry about, IMO.

    I do think CloudLinux is excellent though.
    HostXNow - cPanel Web Hosting | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure & Reliable Managed Pure SSD Hosting
    Helpful and friendly 24x7 Support via Chat & Helpdesk
    Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Backup Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kerala,India
    Posts
    620
    Cloudflare is not a preferred cloud solution of the moment, it has its own manufacturing demerits.

    Something like ONapp will be the best cloud solution to go

    cloudlinux however has nothing to do with the cloud, its just another linux distro, with a misleading name cloud
    webhosting blog::

    hostmerry.com
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by electronics2011 View Post
    Cloudflare is not a preferred cloud solution of the moment, it has its own manufacturing demerits.

    Something like ONapp will be the best cloud solution to go

    cloudlinux however has nothing to do with the cloud, its just another linux distro, with a misleading name cloud
    CloudFlare is not compatible to the other services you have mentioned due to the fact that it is nothing alike the others.

    @fiend Julian said he tested it with and without CloudFlare and it SS still performed well without it. That's what matters.

    now digg?... or whatever burst of traffic you might get, i think you are kinda selling speedysparrow and a lot of hosts short, you would be surprised how many would be able to handle it, including speedysparrow (litespeed is a beast), so im not too sure about your fears of unlikely future failures...
    Most shared hosting can't handle being dugg, no matter if LiteSpeed is utilized or not. You would jeopardize the stability of the server you are on from the heavy load caused by the increased traffic, most likely leading in suspension. If CloudLinux is used on the server, you site would most likely crawl to a screeching halt.

    and just encase you don't know, an opinion can be based on fact! surprise fact
    This doesn't take away from the fact that it is still an opinion.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,471
    Quote Originally Posted by electronics2011 View Post
    cloudlinux however has nothing to do with the cloud, its just another linux distro, with a misleading name cloud
    I know what it is and is nothing like CloudFlare, but CloudLinux was mentioned a few times so thought I'd give my +1.

    I have found using a dedicated server + CloudLinux to offer Shared hosting accounts gives you better uptime than a lot of those providers offering a so-called true Cloud setup.

    Even Cloud has a single point of failure.

    I prefer to use a dedicated server (dedicated resources) with a good provider that also offers excellent network along with CloudLinux.

    CloudLinux alone makes a server used for Shared hosting a lot more stable. Uptime/performance is much better for Shared accounts when the provider is using CloudLinux.

    Some users, web designers especially actually get annoyed by caching systems as they have to keep reloading the page to get new content, etc. Using a caching system benefits the host (reduces CPU/memory usage) more than the user.

    I'd prefer to use a host that doesn't use caching. As long as good hardware is being used and the specs are good processor, memory, harddrive wise all is good.
    Last edited by HostXNow_Chris; 09-01-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    HostXNow - cPanel Web Hosting | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure & Reliable Managed Pure SSD Hosting
    Helpful and friendly 24x7 Support via Chat & Helpdesk
    Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Backup Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kerala,India
    Posts
    620
    Thank you HostXNow for the input.

    I appreciate your websites are fast loading with the cheapest solution.
    webhosting blog::

    hostmerry.com
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    I'd prefer to use a host that doesn't use caching. As long as good hardware is being used and the specs are good processor, memory, harddrive wise all is good.
    We do not enable caching by default, the user has the choice to use CloudFlare but it is not something we push everyone to use.

    If a customer wishes to use a caching mechanism that is entirely up to them.

    Other than that, sure there are countless points of fail on any service including your own traditional hosting setup. The thing about Cloud is that is has more of a fail-over protection system in place to where more traditional systems do not.

    Sure right not Cloud Hosting is still developing and may not suit every ones needs or purpose though it can be beneficial in so many other ways, we chose Cloud based on it's abilities in facts of (up-time, performance, fail-over, automation, but for us I do like the high availability) that comes with a true cloud setup - not ones that actually resell from another provider.

    I suppose for each individual aspects change, traditional vs cloud now that is a discussion to talk about.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,653
    Since this thread was derailed by clouds, let's close it up.
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. SpeedySparrow: 1 Month on
    By OliPicard in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 03:35 AM
  2. SpeedySparrow
    By OliPicard in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 06:12 PM
  3. Is something going on with SpeedySparrow?
    By FW-Mike in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
  4. SpeedySparrow Review
    By NightHawkInLight in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 07:57 PM
  5. SpeedySparrow still around?
    By m3bella in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 08:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •