VMPort VPS a pleasant surprise

Hi

I have only just joined these forums and although I am sure the information I learn as I settle into using my very first VPS will help me out no end I would like to share my luck in choosing VMPort's excellent VPS hosting services.

I have quite a lot of experience as a self taught website designer and dabbler in servers etc. including a couple of semesters of Cisco under my belt and basic knowledge of all things internet but felt that I wanted to try to have all of the extra bells and whistles under my own control. I am as I say just starting out into the VPS route and joined VMPort as it was extremely good value for money and I could happily start off knowing that I would not be throwing a large wad of cash that I would maybe regret paying out at a later stage.

I signed up and immediately fell flat on my face as I was to all intents and purposes looking for the one button setup that I was used to previously. I raised a ticket and was very impressed that the CEO of the company replied almost immediately (I guess he had to read my ticket first) Even though I hadn't paid for extra services nor the helpdesk option he set about after checking with me that I approved, on installing my VPS with options and services that I required.

I am shocked to finally find a company that seems to still believe in customer service. A thing that I had all but given up on finding. He made sure that everything worked and when I was having problems again he installed a different CP option for me as I was struggling understanding all of the plethora of options.

I would honestly give this company 10/10 and I even joined this forum especially to share this information with people that may need a little extra help or even god forbid require good solid customer service and old fashioned values.

No, I have no links with this company but I found the way that they have dealt with me as a customer is very polite and a refreshing change. The VPS server that I have run has been completely reliable and even when a recent migration to a new server was undertaken this was done seamlessly and in a very professional way, but also done with email updates at every juncture and on a personal level where the CEO made a point of personalising the experience and taking time to ensure that all was working as it should be, something I feel that is severely lacking in internet based companies these days.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this company and am in the process of transferring all of my domains and my colleagues and friends domains too onto their servers as and when I can. Check them out on the link below I promise you will not be disappointed. In my opinion they are not Value VPS they are clearly Valuable.

vmport.com

J Milton

Nice to hear, I have had a few friendly conversations with the guys at VMPort they are a good bunch!

Customer service is something that can make or break a host, they have good prices indeed and sadly these days so many hosts think that price is everything and offer stupidly low prices and ZERO customer service, VMport have good fair prices and from what I have read and experienced myself they have good customer relations as well which is the best combo
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

John thanks for taking the time to write an in-depth review. Its is greatly appreciated and... its our first WHT review

Can you report your server IP or domain with the report feature as i know somebody will tell you to do it if i don't.

Many thanks again!
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Done, and after three more posts I can also add links and the smiley that I just deleted.