* HELP ME on choosing which hosting provider is good for me?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and consider to resell some hosting service in the future. I do a lot of research on net but still didnt know which is the best for me to start my small business.

My base is in Australia but the hosting services here is so expensive, especially dedicated server or vps is hardly limited in bandwidth which cause me to give up using Australia based server. Now i am considering between hostgator, media template, and VPS.NET. This is because they seem quite stable, reliable and with a lot of good review but three of them offering very different service.

Hostgator VPS- include eveything (cpanel with WHM, RVskin and sitebulider). We just need WHMCS and softaculous to start our business. Their customer service also the ebst in the field and is free. The only problem is the speed is quite turtle and it is using Virtuozzo Power Panel so maybe they are overselling their server.
    CPU- 1.13GHz, Ram-765MB, Disk Space-30GB, Bandwidth-500GB
    Pricing- USD39.94 + WHMCS (USD14) and softaculous (USD9 per annual)

Media template VPS- include Plesk 10 which claim have sitebulder inside, customise to own hosting skin, one-click install like softaculous and billing solution. But i also need WHMCS for my Domain resell to integrate into our service. They also claim they have many great feature like RAID-10 SAS, PowerPanel web interface, and CloudFlare (Speed acceleration like CDN). The problem is using Virtuozzo Power Panel so maybe they are overselling their server too. Do anyone know its customer service?
    CPU- ?, Ram- 512MB, Disk Space- 30GB, Bandwidth- 1TB
    Pricing- USD50 + WHMCS (USD 14)

VPS.NET- include Unsure* (anyone know do it include cpanel/WHm in the Cloud server plan? or i need to pay USD 10 for cpanel/WHM). I look into its service because of the cloud platform which claim to be more stable and great in speed. I still need RVskin, Rvsitebuilder, softaculous and WHMCS to start my business. They also have some great feature like RAID10, Great Server location (Tokyo which is nearer), using XEN (more guaranteed in resource).
    Their customer service like quite bad, live chat always offline plus i heard someone in forum say you need to pay 10dollar for each support ticket.
    CPU- 1.8GHz RAM-1128MB, Disk Space- 30GB, Bandwidth- 750GB
    Pricing- USB 53 + Cpanel (USD 10)(Maybe), WHMCS (USD 14), RVSKIN(USD2), RVSITEBUILDER (USD8) and softaculous (USD9 per annual).

Anyone have related experience on those hosting provider?
    Anyone think i need a cloud platform for stable and reliability?
    Anyone know about Cloudlinux, litespeed, Ksplice? Do they make a big different to my hosting service?
    Which one do you recommend me to use?

Thanks A lot!

Regards,
    Adrian

Hi Adrian,

It looks like you did a good amount of homework and to be honest with you all those hosting providers should be fine. To answer your other questions such as, "Anyone think i need a cloud platform for stable and reliability?".

Well, the main advantage is to make sure you data is online 24/7 and that you can upgrade/downgrade when needed (example: peek season times).

Litespeed can be useful depending on what your hosting and ksplice is only really beneficial to your hosting provider. Ksplice is simply a tool used to limit the amount of actually having to power down a server to do kernel updates. In return this should actually help ensure that your VPS is hardly down.

I hope this helps you out a little bit and welcome to WHT!

go with knownhost. they r one of the best.