* VPS ~ RethinkVPS ~ One Week review

Well i needed a 1Gbits vps provider, i cannot remember where i seen these but they had pretty good prices for what you got.

Anyway.

I got the lowest VPS for a personal VPN, the connect is NOT 1Gbits IT CANNOT BE 1Gbits. It's so slow..literly.

The speed is fair, I think they are false advertising though i get around 2Mbits UK --> USA thats when downloading a 10Mb speedtest file.

I would recommend them, but not for anything important there is two guys running it. They are knowledgable, easy to understand, don't treat you like dirt.

That is my review at 1:11 PM in UK

Wow, look how restricted their "unmetered" bandwidth is!

All VPS's come with an unmetered 1000mbps connection. The following list shows the allowable amount of bandwidth usage allowed with access to our 1000mbps. Once the limit is passed we will throttle your VPS to lower its allowance to 20Mb/s until the following month. It will be the responsibility of the client to send in a ticket to get their limit taken off.
    - VPS 1.0 => 400GB
    - VPS 2.0 => 600GB
    - VPS 3.0 => 800GB
    - VPS 4.0 => 1TB
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Quote Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
    Wow, look how restricted their "unmetered" bandwidth is!
    Yeah, but submit a ticket and it can get unthrottled i think.

Quote Originally Posted by JD0192 View Post
    Yeah, but submit a ticket and it can get unthrottled i think.
    Yeah, the following month. So if you use 400GB in say 2 weeks (~28GB/day), you're stuck with 20Mbps for the remainder of the month. That means their "unmetered 1Gbps" VPS is limited to 7TB of bandwidth, which is still a lot but common sense dictates that 1Gbps unmetered should be roughly 330TB... so giving them the benefit of the doubt they are 323TB shy of what they are offering you. This is just sickening.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Well i needed a 1Gbits vps provider, i cannot remember where i seen these but they had pretty good prices for what you got.

Anyway.

I got the lowest VPS for a personal VPN, the connect is NOT 1Gbits IT CANNOT BE 1Gbits. It's so slow..literly.

The speed is fair, I think they are false advertising though i get around 2Mbits UK --> USA thats when downloading a 10Mb speedtest file.

I would recommend them, but not for anything important there is two guys running it. They are knowledgable, easy to understand, don't treat you like dirt.

That is my review at 1:11 PM in UK
    I second the motion. I got VPS 2.0 from them and setup OpenVPN for my clients(5+). I don't believe it's 1gbit. I quit after 1 month and told them that my VPN connection is slow even if I optimize my VPN setup. But the support is great, that's all.

I'm just busy to write a review here.

We are sorry for the slow speeds. We have had some major issues with IP routing and we got it all sorted a few days ago. This is a speedtest from a VPS on the node you where on.
    011-08-24 18:44:31 (21.0 MB/s) - `100MB-atlanta.bin.3' saved [104857600/104857600]
    ██ ReThinkVPS.com - Affordable VPS Hosting, Web Hosting Services and Dedicated Hosting
    ██ Dedicated Servers | VPS Hosting | Shared Web Hosting

We are also very lenient with the bandwidth throttling. If you go over by 100GB that's fine and also if it's something that doesn't happen very often we usually let is slip.
    ██ ReThinkVPS.com - Affordable VPS Hosting, Web Hosting Services and Dedicated Hosting

Considering your VPS is in AZ its not surprising that you get slow speeds especially with the overhead of the VPN.

2mbit is still allot slower than I would expect but if they had network issues that would explain it, you will NEVER get gbit speeds to the UK though I would be surprised if you even got close to 100 mbit.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

I got a refund yesterday and the speeds have been like this since i signed up.

It's not a "IP Routing" problem nor any other problem they do not have 1Gbits nodes and if they do the providers must be putting too many servers on one switch.

I tested with a VPS from Hudsonvalleyhost ~ 3MB/s that's in NYC. Tested with a NL Location and around 1.1MB/s and UK i get worse.

Your network is absoulutely terrible if you want to succeed in such a saturated industry i suggest investing in some decent hardware.

I got a refund yesterday and the speeds have been like this since i signed up.

It's not a "IP Routing" problem nor any other problem they do not have 1Gbits nodes and if they do the providers must be putting too many servers on one switch.

I tested with a VPS from Hudsonvalleyhost ~ 3MB/s that's in NYC. Tested with a NL Location and around 1.1MB/s and UK i get worse.

Your network is absoulutely terrible if you want to succeed in such a saturated industry i suggest investing in some decent hardware.
    Before you start talking about stuff you clearly don't know about us, YES we do have a 1Gb/s port and our datacenter can back us up.

This is a speed test from a UK server.

Connecting to download.thinkbroadband.com|80.249.99.148|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 20971520 (20M) [application/zip]
    Saving to: `20MB.zip'

100%[======================================================================================>] 20,971,520 1.55M/s in 14s

2011-08-31 01:37:39 (1.41 MB/s) - `20MB.zip' saved [20971520/20971520]