hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : Shopify vs Amazon WebStore?

Forum Jump

Shopify vs Amazon WebStore?

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Shopify vs Amazon WebStore?

Hello,

Anybody have experience with Amazons webstore? Shopify looks very promising, but it's a little expensive. However, if it does everything I need I don't mind paying.

Can anybody tell me what they are using for e-commerce?

I will have printed products. Each product will have an extra addition. With or without the addition, they can also have the choice to have printing up to 4 colors. Customers would also have to be able to upload files and attachments.

What would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Content Curator

I've used Zen-Cart in the past...worked well for me but it was a small site with less than 200 products.

www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Old
Web Hosting Master

Thanks Techy! I will take a look

Thanks for your input. I just saw amazon recommends products link back to Amazon.com... that's out of the question now.

I'm still looking for other recommendations.

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Content Curator

Dan no problem, check this out as well might help. http://ecommerce-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Old
Web Hosting Master

Thanks that was very helpful

Old
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
Thanks that was very helpful
Glad it helped...did you decide which e-commerce solution you'd use?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I used Opencart, magento and also tomatocart.
- Opencart is much more easier and with substantial growing community and resources available on website.
- Tomatocart.com is very useful but less than opencart. They have very interactive and easy to use admin panel.
- Mangento requires a bit good host, but is useful and more widely used than opencart and tomatocart. Magento is one of those carts which have largest community and addons available.

Other shopping carts worth to be noted are:
- cubecart
- OSCommerce
- zen-cart

Paid carts:
- bigcommerce

Old
Web Hosting Master

Do your homework. Find out what carts are easy to update the core while maintaining your customization. Security is job #1 with these carts.

Old

The esiest CMS is prestashop, programming is pretty cheap, there are lots of free themes etc. And opencart is one of the best choices for small shops, it haven't very much functions but it is easy to control.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Shopify looks great

Old

shopify looks amazing, really like it

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
Do your homework. Find out what carts are easy to update the core while maintaining your customization. Security is job #1 with these carts.
Yes, I agree with Joker. Find out which of the carts are easy to use and customize. I'm sure they offer free trial or you can download their free versions. I can say that Avactis Shopping Cart looks promising, you can check on them too.

Old

There's a new mob Ashopcommerce.com who are like a beefed up shopify. I started with them 3 weeks ago and their design editor and templates are awesome. It's probably most suitable for small site from 100 to 2000 products and the features are more flexible than Shopify's (who I used to use)

It's a paid, hosted cart though, so it's a suitable option if you're not familiar with installing to servers and maintaining that. It's basically signup and build using a web interface. On the downside, you can't access the source if you want a developer to customize the code.

There's a graphic of how it works on their concept page if that helps.

Old
WHT Addict

Both are neat solutions but I personally would go with Shopify. It's way more beautiful.