tmzVPS 1 month review

I first want to apologize for my English, it's not my native language but I'll try to do my best.
    I've signed up with tmzVPS around one month ago, on 27th July, it's not much, but enough to get a general overview.

It's the first time I am using a VPS, only been on shared hosting so far, so there were a few things I was looking for: decent price, managed VPS, good service, stable servers.
    Therefore I'll be reviewing those aspects.
    what made me choose tmzVPS was actualy a BAD review they received on WHT, I got the impression that even though the review was bad, tmz actually did anything they could on that given situation.
    and since a review like that, probably won't be fake, I decided to try them.

First impression of their website was so-so, when i first logged in i had a few questions to ask so i tried the Live Chat.
    I was getting the "waiting for employee" status for over an hour, then I figured it's probably bugged so I logged off
    and tried to send an email using the form in their website.
    This one also had a problem with scrolling down, kept jumping up for no reason.
    Nothing too serious, but it really leaves a bad impression and makes you ask yourself "If they can't even fix such simple issues on their website, how can they manage your servers.

Then I signed up for their 768mb VPS plan.
    The server has been pretty stable, and compared to other reviews I see over this forum, and issues people are having with their servers, I can say on terms of stability, it's been a 10/10.
    I'm hosted in uk and I've noticed just 2 small downtimes this month. they both lasted less than 30 minutes so it wasn't a big deal.

The service is the most important part for me, that's why I picked managed and that's why I have a lot to write about it.
    The account setup has been super quick. got an email with all the details in just 30 minutes after I ordered the VPS.
    Then I noticed an error when logging into my Cpanel disallowing me to do anything.
    I thought it might be because it's a new installation, so I waited a few hours to be sure before creating a ticket about the problem. They did reply really quick and fixed the issue, but it makes you wonder why didn't they check that everything is working
    properly when they installed it.
    besides that I had a great few couple of weeks, they did answer really quick to all my questions (with the 15 minutes average response time, like they promise) and helped me with anything i needed, except installation of 3rd party scripts, but it's not part of their "managed" service, so it's all good.
    There was only one thing that really pissed me off this month.
    I knew my application might require lots of resources in terms of CPU and memory, that's why opened a ticketed about it and asked them how can I check my CPU usage (since it's a SolusVM CP).
    They said i shouldn't worry about the CPU as long as the memory is fine and that i can start with the first plan and upgrade it at any time. after getting this answer, I was sure I shouldn't worry about it , on worst case they can just notify me with an email.
    In reallity, in the middle of the month, August 18th, My account got suspended.
    When i logged in to submit a ticket, i got an invoice about a payment i have to complete for the next month (1/9/11 - 30/9/11).
    I thought It's a mistake with the date, so i paid the amount in order to get my VPS working again as quick as possible (which didn't help). Then i submitted a ticket about the issue.
    Only then I've been told that it's been suspended because they were tracking my account for over a week and I've been using too much CPU resources.
    It's understandable, but if they knew about it for at least a week, why didn't they notify me about the issue earlier? and why did I get an invoice about a payment i had to complete?
    I wasn't even able to access the support area to submit a ticket without completing the payment.
    If they gave me 24 hours to fix the problem, i could have notified the users, make back ups or even optimize
    the code.
    instead, all my users got suddenly d/c causing a lot of inconvenience.
    That's the negative part of this incident, the positive thing is
    the after that they offered me many solutions to the problem and
    in the end they moved me to a new box till the end of the month, giving me the time to optimize my code.

Conclusions (those who don't want to read everything above, can jump here)
    Server stability : Very Good
    Support response time : Very Good
    Prices : Very Good
    support : Good

TMZ offer VPS plans with amazing prices, one of the cheapest I've seen for a VPS in Euorope.
    both boxes I've been on are very stable and fast, and despite the cheap prices they still offer a really good service which could get a higher rating from me if i didn't have that incident's i specified.
    Last edited by aleminio; 08-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Hello Aleminio,

I really appreciate your kind words about our services. I would like to investigate the CPU usage issue for you and want to make sure it was handled correctly. I am glad it was resolved and my staff found a solution for you.

Can you please give me both ticket #'s where it states that the CPU will not be a problem and the ticket # where we suspended you?

Also we had some issues with our live chat system, so that's why you probably waited for so long.

I appreciate you pointing out the website issues, and they will be resolved. You said that it was a bad review that brought you to our services.. can you please link me to the bad review? I have not seen a bad review on tmzVPS so that's why I am curious.

- Daniel

of course.
    cpu usage: #626564
    I quote your staff "As long as you are not reaching the RAM limit than you should be fine."
    the account suspension: #288273

And sorry, I'm not able to find that review now, I'll try to look for it later.

Thank you!

If you can find that review, please let me know.

- Daniel

Great job tmz! I'm looking forward to seeing more good reviews of your services.
    |███| SSD Nodes
    |███| Build more for far less with the best value in cloud hosting.
    |███| RAID 10 SSDs | 10Gbps NICs | Tier-1 backbone | Scale without downtime | 9 years in business
    |███| https://www.ssdnodes.com

Just a quick update, it's been another month and a half
    since i wrote this review and I'm still really satisfied.
    I don't have anything new to add and that's a good thing, it means
    that everything is working fine with 0 complains.

I recommend them to anyone who's looking for a cheap managed VPS with great service.

Quote Originally Posted by aleminio View Post
    Just a quick update, it's been another month and a half
    since i wrote this review and I'm still really satisfied.
    I don't have anything new to add and that's a good thing, it means
    that everything is working fine with 0 complains.

I recommend them to anyone who's looking for a cheap managed VPS with great service.
    Thanks for the update! I am glad you are still happy with our services!

- Daniel