Shared Hosting for VPS backup

i have cPanel installed on my XEN VPS, can I use any hosting provider shared hosting to create weekly backup of all my sites, does any hosting company allow this?

Hi

so you want to backup the contents of your VPS to another hosting account elsewhere ?

If so you can FTP from your VPS to the shared hosting account. As for whether they will let you do it then you'd need to be upfront and ask them first.

Also have you considered buying backup space ? (look in the offers sections of this forum)

Thanks

Most shared hosting providers exclude the possibilty to use their webspace as pure file storage in their TOS as far as I remember from my own research some time ago. Best would be either an external backup space provider like www.bqbackup.com or another (cheap) VPS.

Well you can look at cloud storage of peer 1 , which may be used as backup service , however getting a VPS is always a good option where you can store the backups.
    || 24x7CloudServerManagement | Server Management & Technical Support ||
    || Hosting Infrastructure & Customer Service Mangement 24x7 | Cpanel Server Management ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com ||

Definitely go looking for a proper backup provider versus using a shared account as this will more than likely violate the Terms of Service.

Look in the offers forum for "Backup VPS" ... I think one of the well regarded providers had low memory VPS for much less than an "unlimited" shared hosting account would cost (Hostigation? Someone like that).

I'm backing up my VPS to a $15 a year VPS from BuyVM, and it works great. I run mysqlcheck on the databases, dump them into a folder in the /home/ folder, then rsync selected folders in the /home/ folder to the $15 a year VPS.

Most of the unlimited disk space hosts have limits on what you can store. Not sure they would be able to tell, but if they catch you they suspend your account. Its not worth the trouble to pay more to get more hassle.

any suggestion for cheap and reliable backup VPS? i have only alertpay payment method

You can do an FTP backup to fileserve.com of up to 2 gigs for free. If course 2 gigs isn't going to meet the needs of a large hosting company, but it's a good start for a small host.

I FTP huge backups into my home computer with the Filezilla server for Windows.