Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Michael View Post
    If the Home Directory is for example 100-200 GB, then the backup gets corrupted usually.
    Also, if the database has a size of 1-2 or more GBs, then while processing, the site is unavailable.
    In such cases (of large sites), the cpanel backup cannot help.
    I had a 30GB account at HostGator and it wouldn't let me backup - said the limit was 4GB.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    I don't think you're allowed to post a link to your own site.
    Heh, some of you just gone mad with 'advertising'. There is a huge difference between presenting own website at wrong section and between helping someone. Most of comments here were useless and guy still needed help so it is not wrong if I give him a hand and show good tutorial even though it is on my site, cheers
    ModulesGarden
    High-End WHMCS Modules
    Software Development Outsourcing
    Custom WHMCS Modules Development

Quote Originally Posted by KekzHost View Post
    There is a huge difference between presenting own website at wrong section and between helping someone
    Well, actually, there isn't. Rules are rules. You're not supposed to link to any pages on your own site. Different if they were request by someone.

But maybe that's why mods have left your link... because it seems like you were genuinely trying help a member rather than plug your site. =)
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Code View Post
    I need to make backups. How do I make a complete 100% backup of my website. I need all email accounts, database, passwords and ect.

I did cpanel--> Backup Wizard --> Backup --> Full backup --> Selected Home Dictionary --> Generate Backup

Did I do it right?
    Do you have a shared or dedicated server and ssh access?
    Chum Hibaler
    Mailcircuit.com
    Affordable Email Hosting and Reseller

We are about to launch a new backup product to the market that may suit your needs.

The product is called MirrorWeb and can provide your clients with a service that monitors the up time of their site, Mirrors & Backsup their site and DB and switches traffic (DNS Failover) if they have any downtime. The service also includes an optional escrow component for proprietary code if required.

We are hoping to launch in the 2nd week of June and are beta testing at the moment.

Our business model is great for affiliates/resellers and delivers a fantastic annual revenue stream for you.

Let me know if you would like to know more.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixape View Post
    I had a 30GB account at HostGator and it wouldn't let me backup - said the limit was 4GB.
    Aha! The "fine print" I guess. A cautionary note to check with a vendor when signing up and/or read the TOS for backup limitations. Not a good recommendation for HostGator either.

If one runs into this situation, can you just copy the home directory to your home computer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12