hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Need advice on having two resellers and nameservers

Forum Jump

Need advice on having two resellers and nameservers

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Need advice on having two resellers and nameservers

Hi

I have two reseller accounts - one for selling shared hosting(server 1) and another for reseller accounts(server 2).

My website and domain is on server 1 (www.mydomain.com) and my two nameservers (ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com) both point to server 1.

I setup my reseller account using mydomain.com on server 2 but my website isnt located there. I have setup 2 new nameservers (ns3.mydomain.com and ns4.mydomain.com) to point to server 2.

I was wondering if this is ok or if this will cause any problems further down the line?

Have tried to explain this as best as I could so sorry if its confusing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old

You can use same nameservers (for instance ns1.d.com & ns2.d.com) for as many domains as you want.

You just have to add the two name servers as NS records in the DNS zone for each website, both of them pointing to that website domain. And add both name server as well, as A records also for each domain you use them with.

Old

This should not cause any problems, but make sure you its correct in the DNS zones in your WHM account.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Create your other reseller accounts by using sub domains(for example: reseller2.yourdomain.com). Also you must add CNAME for this sub domain and must add A record for ns3.yourdomain.com and ns4.yourdomain.com on your main reseller account(you can do it under "Add a DNS Zone" menu on WHM if you are using Cpanel). This is the best way.