EZPZ vs Site5 Reselling

Hi all

This is my first post here and wanted to get your opinions on both reselling hosts. I'm banging my head here and would like some guidance. Both seem to offer very similar features. I've talked to Dan already via the online chat on his website and he's very helpful. I like that he was able to answer my questions promptly. My only concern is storage and bandwidth differences between the two companies.

Going onto site5, i waited slightly longer to receive a response and support seemed less personable. But they have more storage and bandwidth capabilities which would provide me more flexibility when offering packages to my clients.

I'm torn. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

D

Well if you need extra storage and bandwidth you could use Site5. But you can get more storage and bandwidth with EZPZ by paying extra.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Do you know what the costs are for extra storage/bandwidth? I didn't see it on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by paviod View Post
    Do you know what the costs are for extra storage/bandwidth? I didn't see it on the website.
    I meant just pay for the next plan up?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

The question is whether or not you are actually going to use the extra bandwidth and space that Site5 offers versus having the, as you put it, personable support you received from EZPZ.
    NorthernOrange - Canadian Web Hosting Solutions since 2005
    24/7 World Class Support - 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee (No hassle!)
    Shared cPanel Hosting - Business Hosting

hello,

site5 donot allow you oversold. ezpz allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybaby View Post
    hello,

site5 donot allow you oversold. ezpz allow this.
    Best to be able to oversell as you can resell custom plans and increase profit then.

Sleepybaby, just want to clarify overselling is the process of selling space that is not being used by other clients ie if a client has 1gb of space but only uses 300mb, i can resell the additional 700mb correct?

That's correct. Say you only have 1 GB of space to work with. With overselling you can offer two clients 1 GB (or 10 GB or 100 GB etc) plans and hope that they don't use more than 1 GB together. Without overselling, you can only divide up the 1 GB amongst the two clients.
    NorthernOrange - Canadian Web Hosting Solutions since 2005
    24/7 World Class Support - 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee (No hassle!)
    Shared cPanel Hosting - Business Hosting

Sleepybaby, just want to clarify overselling is the process of selling space that is not being used by other clients ie if a client has 1gb of space but only uses 300mb, i can resell the additional 700mb correct?
    correct. but in site5, you can't resell the 700M. so site5 give you big space and bandwidth than ezpz.

Ok great. Thank you for the replies - if there is anything else you can offer in regard to insight on these two companies, that would be much appreciated. I know EZPZ is generally favored amongst the members here and Dan seems very active on these boards.

Ezpz offers end user support. That's a big plus if you just want to concentrate on the business end.

Ok great. Thank you for the replies - if there is anything else you can offer in regard to insight on these two companies, that would be much appreciated. I know EZPZ is generally favored amongst the members here and Dan seems very active on these boards.

• Site5 provides Apache server with suPHP, whilest EZPZ provide LiteSpeed server.
      LiteSpeed does not have suPHP which some of your customers might need. I mean you/your customers can not use their own php.ini files w/o Apache+suPHP.

• Site5 historcial uptimes look really bad whilest ezpz historical uptimes look excellent.
      Keep in mind that webhostingstuff monitors just one server (probably the server on which the web hoster keeps is own website), but if the web hoster is not able to keep its own website up, I would wonder how could it keep mine up.

• Site5 pre-sales chatter is not tech savvy at all:
      Code:
      Justin M.: [11:10:26 AM] Hi Joe
      Joe: [11:10:51 AM] On your shared cloud hosting do you provide Apache with suPHP or LiteSpeed?
      Justin M.: [11:11:40 AM] suPHP I believe
      Joe: [11:12:53 AM] Well, believing it's not enough! Could you plz ask to a tech savvy person there?
      Justin M.: [11:16:08 AM] Yes it is suPHP
      Joe: [11:16:39 AM] Thanks
      This anyway means nothing to me, cause the tech support could be strong anyway once you become one of their customers.

So which one to choose? Hard to say eh?!

If i were you, I would go for EZPZ if you want to give reliability to your customers, and with site5 if you need to make money and don't care.

Wow. I love the feedback here. I can't wait to open shop knowing I have such professional and awesome people to chat with along the way. Thank you all for your suggestions -- I think I've clearly made up my mind. It was that EZPZ with your help.

Dario

I have a reselleraccount with EZPZ and Site5 so i can compare.

Site5 is in the end more expensive than EZPZ because they don't allow overselling. It's difficult to tell wich one is better because both company's are good and have their strong points.

EZPZ: More personal support, probably because the company is smaller. Servers are good altough i had some problems hosting a Magento site but in the end Dan fixed it. I think Dan is a great and honest guy who will do his best to satisfy all his customers. Maybe the response times could be a little bit faster (under 30 minutes).

SITE5: This company is larger and you can feel that, it's a little less personal altough support is always friendly and helpfull. They have great servers with higher specs, fast and stable response times when opening tickets and a management really looking into things.

You can't go wrong with either of them.
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Thank you for your reply. I think at this stage for me, its really important to have that personal touch ... i feel like it can go a long way.

Again, I really cant thank you all enough for giving your input. Shows that this is a strong community ready and willing to help out with thoughts and ideas.

Dario

EZPZ has some good reviews around WHT. Keep us posted as to what you decide on.

I'm definitely going with EZPZ. I really don't want to risk a nightmare -- not for me, but for my customers. I think the initial impression of my business is everything in order to help is grow and in turn succeed. Always keeping respect for Site5 and what they have, which still is a solid reputation and outstanding company (who knows in the future).

site5 + ezpz it's a good companies
    But the only difference that the EZPZ give you much more free services
    Good choice
    | IQ-Hosting.com
    | info@iq-hosting.com
    | Shared and Reseller Hosting

| Follow us @Twitter

I have an account with EZPZ and will recommend them wholeheartedly, it's a great company, with fast servers, fast and personal support, and very good uptime. You made a great choice going with EZPZ.

i'm not happy with site5, i lost emails and they refuse to acknowledge the problem. i tested with gmail and yahoo mail and all are working fine. site5 moved my account to a server that's blocked by Chinese Firewall and is asking money to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by jtan1ph View Post
    i'm not happy with site5, i lost emails and they refuse to acknowledge the problem. i tested with gmail and yahoo mail and all are working fine. site5 moved my account to a server that's blocked by Chinese Firewall and is asking money to fix it
    Chinese Firewall blocking the server???
    Did tech support people at site5 told you this? It's somewhat bizzarre!?

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaister View Post
    Chinese Firewall blocking the server???
    Did tech support people at site5 told you this? It's somewhat bizzarre!?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7640098
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaister View Post
    [LIST][*]Site5 historcial uptimes look really bad whilest ezpz historical uptimes look excellent.
    Keep in mind that webhostingstuff monitors just one server (probably the server on which the web hoster keeps is own website), but if the web hoster is not able to keep its own website up, I would wonder how could it keep mine up.
    Actually that isn't accurate at all, we are a large company and thus have faced a number of DDOS attacks. When we slide DDOS protection in place which happens several times a year it blocks the checks WebHostingStuff makes. Judging a host based on something like this is not sound.

Also, our staff is very technical, but our chat is for level 1 issues such as how to create a mail account, how to use ftp, what ftp software to use, pre sales, etc and they did answer that correctly.

Thanks, Ben