I'm looking for NL/DE fully managed dedicated server.
a. Dual Quad core CPU
b. at least 16GB ECC RAM
c. 4x 1TB disks + Harware RAID10 or 2x 2TB disks Software RAID1
I plan to :
1. Run Proxmox as hypervizor on the dedicated server (http://proxmox.com/) ;
2. Run BlueOnyx on a VPS for webhosting (http://www.blueonyx.it/) ;
2.1. Maybe run cPanel/WHM on a VPS (just an option, not prior);
3. Run Windows RDP ;
4. Run X2Go Linux remote desktop (http://x2go.org) ;
5. Run 8-12 Turnkey appliances on different VPSes for Java projects ;
6. Run 4 Helpdesk softwares ;
7. Have possibility to create VPSes if needed, for training.
I need :
8. First installation + setup + securring + hardening +optimizing ;
9. Backups configuring and management ;
10. Monitoring and security checkups every months ;
11. Possibility to have problems resolved if they occur on my server, either on webhosting (PHP/Java/Ruby/Python...) part or for the server in general ;
12. At least 5 IPs, more for additional fees.
Brief, I need full management of the server.
Budget : $200.
If possible, advice me for server and outsourced management that can match my budget.
This specs as dedicated server will be hard to get for $200.
Then there are different expensive software licenses needed (cPanel and Windows).
And at the end, there has to be a management fee.
In my opinion, it is not possible within your budget.
I think this whole package looks quite costly in my opinion, not only are you going to want the server itself managing but also all VM's too which will increase the work load for who ever is managing the server quite considerably and thus you should expect the price for management to rise too.
13. Which good outsourcing management service provider, for affordable price can I have ? Please, be free to PM if needed.
Hetzner EQ8/EQ10 would be great, but :
- I don't have €149 for server setup fees : I plan to be in contract for months, and don't agree with setup fees, but it's their terms, and I respect it.
- It seems that upgrading a server on any way (IPs, setting KVM...) can rapidly increase budget.
14. I could in some cases go for OVH, but same cons as Hetzner : I don't understand how people can think OVH is cheap.