Thread: Local VPS

Local VPS

I'm looking for a VPS in Grand Rapids Michigan and can't seem to track down anyone. I've found several data centers in Grand Rapids, but I can't seem to find anyone reselling their services. Anyone know of a provider they can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudednet View Post
    I'm looking for a VPS in Grand Rapids Michigan and can't seem to track down anyone. I've found several data centers in Grand Rapids, but I can't seem to find anyone reselling their services. Anyone know of a provider they can recommend?
    Are you looking for local as in 'down the street' or local as in 'the trace routes and ping times are very fast'? I only ask because there are lost of providers in that general part of the country who could provide you a great service.

Perhaps there's some tax or other benefit to staying 'local' as in geography though...?
    Cheap VPS Hosting with minimum 99.9% SLA.
    State College, PA VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by daveg01 View Post
    Are you looking for local as in 'down the street' or local as in 'the trace routes and ping times are very fast'? I only ask because there are lost of providers in that general part of the country who could provide you a great service.

Perhaps there's some tax or other benefit to staying 'local' as in geography thought...?
    Yes, there are definitely more than enough providers in that area who should be able to help you.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

I don't suppose you guys could point me in a direction, I'm still looking, but I can only seem to find people with dedicated plans. I'm looking for a company that's local geographically. Thanks in advance.

Magoro has VPS in Troy and their test IP is 208.92.223.106 and I think you may be out of luck for one in Grand Rapids. I've reviewed their service before and it was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudednet View Post
    Most Providers in the Grand Rapids area are expensive as hell. I live in the area and was looking to co-locate and I was quoted $50+/Mbit at several places with $500+ setup fee's if I do it myself.

Did you check the "VPS Offers" here on Web Hosting Talk? Let us know who you decide to go with.
    SCOTT CORBIN http://www.zipservers.com/
    Managed Hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers
    "Award Winning Hosting" TOLL FREE: 1-800-560-3450
    DATA CENTERS : Dallas, Seattle, Washington, D.C., and London, UK.