Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Going to get some sleep (ran out of popcorn).

But for anyone else still on this can look up their twitter timeline here http://twitter.com/thiswebhost

This is the best part;

"XXXXXXXX xxxx
    Making the switch from @thiswebhost to @huevia later this evening. Cheap, reliable, and actually has customer service that isn't a laugh.
    5 hours ago"
    Last edited by WPCYCLE; 08-17-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: more content
    ██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.comFacebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle

Going through their time line it's almost like every 4th tweet is an issue or an apology while pointing the finger at the client.

Ok going to bed now. Just calling it as I see it.
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    But in restrospect, what is the intent to this post/thread?
    Consumer awareness.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

For a second, I thought that this discussion had actually accomplished something good. The host learned something that could help them, which I thought was the point of this forum, for hosts to network and help each other.

I read their blog post. And I agree that putting a hardcore tech person in charge of customer support and PR is generally a bad idea. They issued a few mea culpas and seemed to move on. Good.

But then Doug comes on here and well, is nearly as thin skinned as Jules. I'm not concerned on who owns what (we all know that sometimes at the start of a business there may be some sloppiness or decision made from convenience), I'm more concerned with the new customer service guy seeming to be cut from the same cloth as Jules - ultra sensitive and quick tempered. Suggesting that someone is libeling your company just for asking questions and saying that they're wasting your time is not cool. Not a good look PR wise.

I literally just spent half an hour reading this thread, and wow. This should be adapted into a thriller, the twists in the story are just too good. But honestly, I feel like we have all seen this movie before.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Consumer awareness.
    +1

Just downloaded the documents from Companies House and Jules isn't listed anywhere, while something is a little fishy here it doesn't look like he's the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDoug View Post
    Why he put "Owner" on LinkedIn? That's something I of course can't answer. I would assume it is so that he could set up the LinkedIn page for the company. Perhaps it requires the owner? I'm not sure of their policy.
    This is awesome.

I never cease to be amazed at the excuses that try to get passed off at WHT.
    Truly beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Realmz View Post

I read their blog post. And I agree that putting a hardcore tech person in charge of customer support and PR is generally a bad idea.
    Depends on the individual and the amount of common sense they have. I've worked many service related jobs and was kind and polite to customers for 2 reasons; 1. I'm representing the company I worked for, 2. I treat people how I would like to be treated.

A lot of companies can have the nicest boss in the world but you get turned off from the frontline person. A lot of people that are trained to work any service type job including phone support should not be dealing with the public...they have their own issues that need addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Depends on the individual and the amount of common sense they have. I've worked many service related jobs and was kind and polite to customers for 2 reasons; 1. I'm representing the company I worked for, 2. I treat people how I would like to be treated.

A lot of companies can have the nicest boss in the world but you get turned off from the frontline person. A lot of people that are trained to work any service type job including phone support should not be dealing with the public...they have their own issues that need addressing.
    I couldn't agree more...
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

thiswebhost 's response to customer feedback

From twitter a few days back....

peterlandt: @thiswebhost I would recommend hiring some customer service reps...
    thiswebhost: @peterlandt And why is that?
    peterlandt: @thiswebhost It's the only aspect of ThisWebHost that I've found to be less than stellar and I value it highly. Only trying to help
    thiswebhost: @peterlandt It's a matter of personal opinion I suppose. Very few people think it's less than stellar.
    peterlandt: A word of advice to small companies. Don't have a technical director perform your customer service. (NOTICE HOW HE DOESN'T EVEN REFERENCE THEM IN THIS TWEET)
    thiswebhost: @peterlandt If you're not happy, please feel free to cancel.
    Guess they now wish they listened to peterlandt's suggestion.
    Last edited by IamJAX; 08-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    Just downloaded the documents from Companies House and Jules isn't listed anywhere, while something is a little fishy here it doesn't look like he's the owner.
    Whom is? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Whom is? Curious.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-cunningham/4/37b/743

I'm so confused right now.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Whom is? Curious.
    Steven John Cunningham, born in '68 from Hampshire however on further investigation they share the same address with http://www.hr-matters.co.uk

The mystery continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    Steven John Cunningham, born in '68 from Hampshire however on further investigation they share the same address with http://www.hr-matters.co.uk

The mystery continues.
    This gets better. On the HR website they state

"Good Practice HR Support

Many organisations operate practices that seek to achieve more than legal compliance. HR Matters can develop these processes for you. We can also train your Managers in how to use these processes and help you to communicate their purpose with your employees.

Examples of these are:

Performance Appraisals
    Induction of new employees
    Exit interviews
    Absence monitoring
    Bullying and harassment policy/Dignity at Work
    How to handle a poor performer"

Maybe they share an office space but clearly from how they deal with their customers and with us that they don't follow these rules. Maybe this HR company can sit them down like good little children and train them on these examples.

Would also be interesting for someone to email that company and ask a few questions about all of this.
    Last edited by WPCYCLE; 08-18-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Maybe this HR company can sit them down like good little children and train them on these examples.
    I don't have any faith in a company that uses Comic Sans.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

While this does seem fishy (to say the least), I would like to point out the fact that while both registrants use the same address, this does not mean that they are the same person - or located in the same region. It's possible that while Jules registered the domain for the company, he merely chose to use the company's registered address instead of his own. Considering that his location (according to LinkedIn) is in New York, this could be one possible explanation.

Just wanted to throw that in there.

Edit: Perhaps I misread the above post. If Jules and Steven share the same physical address (and particularly if it is noted within the company's formation paperwork), then there is clearly something more to this situation that needs addressing or further explanation.
    Last edited by TC-Chris; 08-18-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Thank you for proving my point. Basically, there's nothing I or we can do to satisfy you regarding the ownership. Further discussion at this point is clearly a waste of time, so I'll chose to spend my time much more constructively.

Or you could get to the bottom of this with one constructive informative post. Or you could keep up this stubbornness thus feeding our will to get to the bottom of it ourselves.

I think the truth is already revealing itself.

Anyways

PS: My own opinions on this matter, now, now, no need to bash me for this.

I see a nice twitter spammer there

I think he wants us to reveal the truth. He hasn't come back saying anything to prove his case, and maybe he's too busy going through all those past profiles and changing who owns this company.

I think this guy is a waste of time for him and us. I still have profiles I haven't had a chance to update with my updated info since I'm busy...but to create them and then go back and change them again suspiciously...this guy has too much time on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesowns View Post
    Or you could get to the bottom of this with one constructive informative post. Or you could keep up this stubbornness thus feeding our will to get to the bottom of it ourselves.

I think the truth is already revealing itself.
    When presented with factual information, several competing hosting providers tried to twist it in their attempts to further tarnish our reputation. I find that grossly unfair, and because of this I will no longer be responding to the thread from here.

I find it absolutely hilarious that even when discovering the owner of the company is not Jules, simply because Jules registered the WHOIS details to the registered company address, they try and conclude it's the same person! Are you honestly that desperate to try and destroy us? It is completely pathetic, and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You should spend more time focusing on your own companies than trying to destroy others.

I will no longer be responding to this thread. Reach your own conclusions, whatever they may be, and move on to the next waste of time.

When presented with factual information, several competing hosting providers tried to twist it in their attempts to further tarnish our reputation. I find that grossly unfair, and because of this I will no longer be responding to the thread from here.

I find it absolutely hilarious that even when discovering the owner of the company is not Jules, simply because Jules registered the WHOIS details to the registered company address, they try and conclude it's the same person! Are you honestly that desperate to try and destroy us? It is completely pathetic, and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You should spend more time focusing on your own companies than trying to destroy others.

I will no longer be responding to this thread. Reach your own conclusions, whatever they may be, and move on to the next waste of time.
    I wonder when they will learn. Guess this is a good lesson for others

Are you honestly that desperate to try and destroy us?
    I don't think anyone here is trying to do that - though I'd be worried about some of the people stirred up on Reddit who have mentioned DDOS - but to be quite honest, it looks like you guys are doing a perfectly fine job of self-destruction as it is.

I recommend losing the defensive attitude and adopting a policy of openness and honesty. This was your fsck up. Accept that. You guys did something completely unacceptable when you deleted those backups. That's on you, and you need to get real and acknowledge it.

You can still recover this situation. I'd start with digging up those deleted backups, return them to the owner, post a true apology, not the half-hearted one you posted, and getting real about providing good customer service.

And if it was my business, I'd be considering that staff-member's position in the company.

WOW, not a good look for you. You do realize all of your arrogance has been displayed pubicly numerous amounts of time.

"When presented with factual information, several competing hosting providers tried to twist it in their attempts to further tarnish our reputation."

We didn't have to do anything to tarnish your rep. Your tarnished rep is what brought your here to begin with...but you don't get it.

"I find that grossly unfair, and because of this I will no longer be responding to the thread from here."

Who cares.

"I find it absolutely hilarious that even when discovering the owner of the company is not Jules, simply because Jules registered the WHOIS details to the registered company address, they try and conclude it's the same person!"

HHmmm...my business is not in my wife's name, it's in my registered companies name. My wife's business is not in my name, it's in her's. But you don't get it.

" Are you honestly that desperate to try and destroy us? It is completely pathetic, and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves."

That's all you son. And yet, you still don't get it.

"You should spend more time focusing on your own companies than trying to destroy others."

We do. That's why no one is giving us multiple bad reviews on various sites, twitter, and WHT. Still not getting it.

"I will no longer be responding to this thread. Reach your own conclusions, whatever they may be, and move on to the next waste of time."

You even called yourself a waste of time...that shows you will never get it.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure where you get your arrogance from. Surely not around WHT. But please do tell us, so we can stay, far, far, far away from it.

Move to some other host that's it

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast