* [FOR HIRE] Level 3 Technical Administrator seeking casual/fulltime employment!

Greetings All,

I'm an enthusiastic and experienced UNIX/Windows systems administrator with a very strong background in Apache, Litespeed, IIS, MySQL, MSSQL, PHP, ASP/.NET and OS/Kernel security, optimization and general UNIX/Windows systems and network administration.

Services offered:

Server Optimization
    Optimization of Apache/IIS, PHP/ASP/.NET/MySQL/MSSQL specifically tailored for your server and/or website. Custom compiles of Apache, Litespeed, MySQL and PHP are available if specifically requested.

Control Panel Management
    Whether it be cPanel to Plesk, DirectAdmin, Webmin or TCAdmin/GameCP, keeping your control panel fully updated to the latest stable release provdied by the vendor, securing and hardening various options that the software offer, disabling non-essential options and enabling the essential options definitely plays a vital part in keeping your server secure and up to date.

Server Security
    General server hardening including correction of filesystem permissions, installation and configuration of intrusion detection software, scanning for possible pre-existing rootkits, trojans & other nasties, customization of a firewall policy specifically for your system and an upgrade of all pre-installed software to the latest stable release provided for your OS distribution.

Kernel Upgrade
    Linux Kernels, if not correctly updated and patched or regularly monitored for that matter, can be one of the biggest security issues on a server. Upgrading and patching (with grsecurity) the current kernel to the most stable and secure version available for your servers OS distribution.

Website/Server Migrations
    Got issues with your current prrovider? Managing low-to-zero-downtime server migrations, migration of your web applications and clients from servers both with or without a control panel are availabe on request.

Technical Expertise:

• Software – Helpdesk and billing software (WHMCS, Kayako, Clientexec, Modernbill and Cerberus) Server Technologies Apache, Litespeed, IIS. MySQL, MSSQL, PgSQL, PHP, ASP/.NET, Exim/QMAIL/Postfix, ClamAV, Pure/ProFTPD, SpamAssassin, CMS/Blogs (Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Mambo etc), Firewalls (CSF/LFD, APF/BFD), lmd, chkrootkit, rkhunter and more.
    • Networking - Extensive knowledge and experience of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, POP3/IMAP, SCP/FTP, SNMP, VPN)
    • Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Windows 2003 & 2008

Work Experience:

- Bash, Perl and Python Scripting creation, alterations and implementation of automated applications.
    - Troubleshooting and Addressing issues in a Helpdesk environment, Meeting scheduled deadlines for clients, communicating with other staff and peers on issues that require further assistance.
    - Server Security Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment and Correction.
    - Proficient with cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, Ensim, Webmin, TCAdmin (general security and hardening, account migrations, remote backups, software replication, DNS clusters, failover solutions etc).
    - VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
    - OpenSSH Configuration and Hardening.
    - Monitoring and Managing Network Devices (Cacti, PRTG, MRTG etc.)
    - Experience with Virtualization (VPS) Software (Virtuozzo, HyperVM, VMWare, Xen).
    - Third party Software Installations and configuration – Software management (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Fantastico, RVSkins etc).
    - Security Protection and Intrusion Detection and Prevention (Snort, tripwire, grok etc).
    - DNS and RDNS delegation experience (Bind, QDNS).
    - UNIX Kernel Security and patching, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
    - MTA Administration and Optimization – experience with Exim, Postfix, ClamAV, ExiScan, SpamAssassin, Sophos AV, NOD32 etc.
    - Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf etc).
    - Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outtages, High Load Alerts etc) experience with Nagios.
    - Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, MSSQL, PGSQL), performance optimization, hardening, replication, load balancing and failover configurations.

Availability:

Currently located in Melbourne, Australia, fluent english speaker and available between the hours of 9AM-5PM AEST GMT+11 Monday to Friday.

Depending on the timezone of your business and/or request I am very flexible, and available on-call 24/7 if need be via Cell/Skype for emergencies.

Random Testimonials:

To any tired and bedraggled Server Owners please know there is a Michael (Dexqt) out there! I can wholeheartedly recommend him.

Yes it was a great idea, 100% committed to it … know my way around a lot of platforms, in fact run a technical company. I found what I thought to be a great server solution with my existing supplier, understood the control panel, click click, jobs a good’n – server rented and new services on their way. At 3am it occurred to me. How do I lock this server down – how do I back this server up It also then transpires that for one of my clients I need to be able to remote enable so that a terminal could communicate directly to the SQL database. Although it said on the label this could be done, guess what .. it couldn’t and with the server provider I was with there was no support for ‘out of spec’ requirements. Oh no! Bleary eyed I scoured the net determined that I could become a Linux administrator, I know, I know …. I kept asking search engines questions until it led me to Michael. Oh thank you webhostingtalk but most importantly thanks to Michael for posting his expertise. I am sold! Michael has been a terrific support, very knowledgeable, helpful, efficient and great value for money. Sorry I forgot patient! … I have a better server solution now, partnered with a suitable hosting company and the right spec is in place. Michael walked me through this process and handled setup through to migration and continues to help me.

I am confidently striding forth now that I know my server is secure, that I have an expert on hand to help me with my challenges and that can give me reliable advice, monitor health and maintain monthly and then administrate for me when I need it.
    Georgina Lloyd Parry - London, United Kingdom
    Services used: Monthly Server Management - July 2011 to date.
    www.bvoxy.com

Simply put, Michael can deliver. He has been able to optimise our servers and weed our service abusers without issue. Overall so far he has increased our stability and reliability which ultimately benefits our clients – just what every web hosting provider wants. Michael’s ability to identify an issue and work to a resolution is extremely impressive. Rarely do I find someone who is as punctual and as knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend Michael’s service to anyone that requires server a administrator.
    Andrew Storey - London, United Kingdom
    Services used: Monthly Server Management - July 2011 to date.
    www.5ite.com

Michael is an excellent Systems Administrator, he is very professional with everything he does and can be trusted with even the most difficult task. His knowledge is unsurpassed and his pricing is very reasonable. He stayed in constant contact with me during the entire project and he went far above and beyond to ensure my complete satisfaction and even after the fact continued to help with tweaking and customization. I would not hesitate to recommend him. Thanks for everything you’ve done Michael!
    Bryce Cuomo - Ontario, Canada
    Services used: Hourly Consulting.
    www.eoreality.net

With just a low payment of 45$ per month, I've received all the assistance I will ever need with server management services. Help I've received so far ranges from smooth server migration, sever + web server enhancement (improve load times), security upgrade to 3rd party software/app support (fix errors, etc..). Customer support is epic, always there when I need him. Able to reach him via email, messenger and skype. In this case, It appears as if the service provider is in loss not the subscriber.
    John Lam - New York, United States
    Services used: Monthly Server Management - February 2011 to date.
    www.gamekiller.net

I fully recommend Michael. As soon as I signed him up, he spotted a bad HDD on my dedicated server and had my provider replace for free; something I would never have noticed myself. He has responded to all email requests, resolved any problems and helped with all server configurations. I trust that he really knows his stuff and have no hesitation recommending him.
    George Hill - London, United Kingdom

Dexqt’s services are a great help for web system preparation, security updates, and maintenance. With years of experience in security audit he has the skills when you need it most. Dexqt’s services are a great solution to your hosting health, and system up keeping.
    Brandon Hastings - California, United States
    Services used: Monthly Server Management - 4th September 2009 to December 2009 (Company ceased operations)
    www.quantum-servers.com

I have used Dexqt as a contract worker and I got to say he does an amazing job with his knowledge along with completing tasks quickly. A+++
    Derek Denholm - Ontario, Canada
    www.xfactorservers.com

Salary Expectation - This can be discussed later depending on the job requirements.

Feel free to private message, or contact me via IM if you're interested and would like to see my resume and/or references or just to discuss anything further.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope we can work together!

Job

Hello,

We have some current job openings and it looks like you might be a good fit for our company. If you are interested, please visit the link below and apply. Thanks!

http://hr.touchsupport.com/jobs.php
    ›› Touch Support, Inc. - www.touchsupport.com
    ›› 24x7x365 U.S. Based Outsourced Support and Administration Services
    ›› Industry Leading Technicians

Hi there,

Not sure if you read my post at all but it does say I currently reside in Australia, your job openings clearly state the location of "Lafayette, IN" which is in the United States.