hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Industry Announcements : Providers and Network Outages and Updates : Colo4 Service Entrance 2 issue
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Colo4 Service Entrance 2 issue

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Providers and Network Outages and Updates Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Colo4 Service Entrance 2 issue

There has been an issue affecting one of our 6 service entrances. The actual ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) is having an issue and all vendors are on site. Unfortunately, this is affecting service entrance 2 in the 3000 Irving facility so it is affecting a lot of the customers that have been here the longest.

The other entrance in 3000 is still up and working fine as well as the 4 entrances in 3004. Customers utilizing A/B should have access to their secondary link. It does appear that some customers were affected by a switch that had a failure in 3000. That has been addressed and should be up now.

This is not related to the PDU maintenance we had in 3004 last night. Separate building, service entrance, UPS, PDU, etc.

We will be updating customers as we get information from our vendors so that they know the estimated time for the outage. Once this has been resolved we also distribute a detailed RFO to those affected.

Our electrical contractors, UPS maintenance team and generator contractor are all on-site and working to determine what the best course of action is to get this back up.

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

Finally! Thanks for informing us the problem.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Thanks for the update. Hope this won't be an all-nighter for me. (1.30am here)

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

after 1 hour and 30 minutes, i can see this update.
can you update via twitter ?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hope this will not take longer then 20 mins

Old

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted.

Old

Honestly, this is just not acceptable. A lot of your customers will be losing their customers.

- Whatever happened to proper redundancy and failover?
- How can you possibly compensate your customers for losing their customers?
- I am going to ask my provider why they go with you when you don't have a proper plan in place.

Last edited by wap35; 08-10-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old

Can you please let us know why there is obviously only one of this important component? Redundancy is the most important issue in data centers...

Old
ShillBuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdom View Post
Can you please let us know why there is obviously only one of this important component? Redundancy is the most important issue in data centers...
I'd be interested to know that as well.

Old
Web Hosting Master

People seems to be posting complaints here

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cl...=0CCAQnwIoATAA

Quote:
Reviews Write a review
Webmaster ‎ - Aug 10, 2011
Down right now! 38 min. and counting. Unacceptable!
10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No - Flag as inappropriate

Aug 10, 2011
They go down way too often. This affects my business very adversely.
7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No - Flag as inappropriate

Justin ‎ - Aug 10, 2011
Not having a backup power plan is inexcusable. My clients are miffed and so am I...
Was this review helpful? Yes - No - Flag as inappropriate
too many complaints in little time

Old
Security Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmister View Post
People seems to be posting complaints here
Those people are morons.

I think this is awful, I really do, not the outage, but how some people are freaking out and throwing Colo4 under the bus. If this happened every year, I'd understand... but this is a very, very freak sort of thing that no one is immune from. Google, Amazon, companies with budgets 1000x larger than Colo4 suffer outages of varying degrees, even power outages... there is nothing that is guaranteed in this world.

Old
Junior Guru

Sure, redundancy is completely necessary. How can we trust that tomorrow there will be no problem with other equipment that has no redundancy.

And about ETA to fix this issue?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

This is not acceptable. They should have backup systems. I thought that was standard practice for hosts and data centers.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hosting reseller that's more dependable?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Paul, we've customers on the phone complaining, people is mostly asking for an ETA and we have nothing to tell them.

Could you give us an estimation?

Old
Web Hosting Master

But as far as i understand there IS redundancy. Customers who chose to be connected to both power feed A and power feed B are not affected. Those who chose to be connected to only one power feed (i.e. chose no redundancy) are affected.

Closed Thread