Sharkspace going down a lot lately?

Not sure if it's just me or an exaggeration from my personal bias but I've been experiencing Sharkspace to be going down a lot lately.

Yesterday they had a very long downtime And now my site as well as sharkspace.com is down at the moment.
    Last edited by kjaonline; 08-10-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Sharkspace.com is loading for me, beyond that, it's possible that the server you're on has had issues that are not related to whatever issue happened today. You should get with Sharkspace to ask them what's been going on, and maybe ask to be moved to another server.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Sharkspace.com is loading for me, beyond that, it's possible that the server you're on has had issues that are not related to whatever issue happened today. You should get with Sharkspace to ask them what's been going on, and maybe ask to be moved to another server.
    There was a hiccup with E2's network within Colo4, I'm sure Rodney will chime in. He'll take care of you.

Thank you, it's been happening a lot lately. Hopefully it won't happen too much since I will need to renew my subscription to them by the 22nd. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kjaonline View Post
    Thank you, it's been happening a lot lately. Hopefully it won't happen too much since I will need to renew my subscription to them by the 22nd. Thanks!
    Have you contacted them about any of the downtime you have experienced?

If your not sure about the downtime setup some kind of monitoring, Pingdom allow a single monitor for free.

Also this helps you provide proof for them to explain the outage.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Have you contacted them about any of the downtime you have experienced?
    I wasn't able to contact them about the earlier downtime since their site was down too. Currently observing how things are going atm. Still have a few weeks to observe though.

I wasn't able to contact them about the earlier downtime since their site was down too. Currently observing how things are going atm. Still have a few weeks to observe though.
    When you get a chance try to reach them and inform regarding your issues. Never hesitate to do that. May be they can help you to avoid such issues in future. As Mike said you can request to migrate your account to a new server if the issue is related to that specific server.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    When you get a chance try to reach them and inform regarding your issues. Never hesitate to do that. May be they can help you to avoid such issues in future. As Mike said you can request to migrate your account to a new server if the issue is related to that specific server.
    I will get a hold of them now. Thanks for the suggestion!

I will get a hold of them now. Thanks for the suggestion!
    No problem mate. I wish your issues would be resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    No problem mate. I wish your issues would be resolved soon.
    I hope so too. I hate it when servers go down while I'm fixing stuff on my site My visitors must feel the same way >.<

That's bad when a company has downtime! Sorry to hear that.

I've been down for a bit, too on ip *7*.136.34.163.

i'll give it a half hour or so and put in a ticket.

kjaonline, db09:

I apologize you have had issues here, We did have a few issues with a couple of servers due to a power issue with one of our providers. Please contact me directly Jon@sharkspace.com so I can assist you in anyway possible.

Thanks.
    Last edited by eleven2jon; 08-10-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks, Jon. I appreciate that.

They're down again, taking my sites down with them...

Quote Originally Posted by wesley84 View Post
    They're down again, taking my sites down with them...
    It's up here ?

Their site is now up, but mine still isn't.

Wesley84

Do you have a ticket open? PM me your ticket ID and Ill take a look at whats going on.

Sharkspace has indeed been down quite often for the past few days. My site has been down for more than 5 hours today. But nevertheless, they are the best i had after serving 2 different webhost in less than half a year. I just simply hope that they will continue to be as good as they claim.

P-s Ive more than half a year subscription left with webhostingworld.net and ive thrown that money down the drain ($100~). Avoid them at all cost!

Now i only go for monthly subscription, unless im positively sure of their services.