Thread: Forum Review

Forum Review

I used the PLUS phpbb formu skin and modified the colors in order to acheive this.
    www.canineforum.com
    If anyone has any opinions on this forum please post here.

I know about the text link called bank on the top.. i just have to find someone to make that a picture...

But other then that does anyone have any opinions on the color.

Also dont be afraid to sign up and post!

Have fun and please tell me if colors work!
    thanks
    "Let go, Let God"
    "He didn't lose his life on the cross, He gave it"
    "No matter which path you choose, you can only move forward"

That blinking ad has got to go! You need to set off the logo and site description better - maybe in a distinct cell. Link lettering is hard to read and hard on the eyes. Page background color (not the table bg color) doesn't work for me. Login color is iffy too. Otherwise very nice.
    "Genetically engineered food
    is corporate bioterrorism"

--- musings of a human guinea pig

What blinking ads...? And those ad's are the only thing that give me some $$ so they have to stay.
    what color should background work.. and Link lettering color should be easy to change.
    Anyone else got opinions!?
    thanks sisterscape
    "Let go, Let God"

Every five seconds the ad flips and my anti-whatever helpers don't stop it. Could you maybe just have it change once per page access or put it at the bottom??

BG color? Several different directions to experiment. You could pick up a muted shade of gold, the darker blue from your category bg, or even a darker lavender.

Another suggestion ... put the entire header including navigation in a light blue cell and put a black border around the cute logo to set it off a bit!
    "Genetically engineered food
    is corporate bioterrorism"

--- musings of a human guinea pig

i dont know how to make a cell.. I dont program or know html... I designed this purly through editing colors from the admin menu...

If the ad is on the buttom no one would see it... Also your anti-whatever shouldnt stop it... Its an ad not a pop-up.. Whats wrong with it flipping.. Its supposed to display different sites and stuff...

Thanks again
    "Let go, Let God"

Originally posted by insaneraptor
    i dont know how to make a cell.. I dont program or know html... I designed this purly through editing colors from the admin menu...
    Whats wrong with it flipping..
    Thanks again
    I could code the cell for you but you'd have to figure out where to put it in the templates - I'm rather new to forum templates myself and totaly unfamiliar with phpBB. I really suggest you learn some HTML if you're going to be doing this kind of work.

Flipping? Any movement on screen drives me nuts and off a site ASAP. Maybe you could have the ad rotate once per page view. And BTW I NEVER, EVER respond to ads, no matter how many or invasive they may be.

you may not... but others might..
    if i see an ad that looks good i always click to check it out.. but thats just me
    "Let go, Let God"

I changed the Logo a bit..

anyone else want to take a look?
    "Let go, Let God"