Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 121 to 139 of 139
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by J Gwynne PC Repair View Post
    has anyone Seen www.clubuptime.com?

    what he Hell's goin on?

    he's starting another company while he still owes me money?

    i won a paypal claim and i'm still waiting, because apparently there's insufficient funds.

    joe
    Joe, PayPal has been paid in full. If you haven't received the money from your claim as of yet, I would recommend contacting PayPal at this point as we've cleared our debt to them by taking out loans to pay off the PayPal disputes.

    As far as starting another company, we're just using the infrastructure that's left in place and pre-paid for an extended period of time to help assist in generating further funds to pay off the rest of clients, staff, and continue moving forward from there on out.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    2,152
    Can people just leave this thread to die, whats happened has happened! There is no changing whats happened, although I do not agree with the actions that certain individuals may or may not have done. Posting about it here isn't going to help anyone.

    This all happened months ago, so please just lay this issue to bed!
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kepler 62f
    Posts
    14,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    This all happened months ago, so please just lay this issue to bed!
    If this person is trying to restart a company, after having left so many ripped off (no refunds, nothing) and destroying their data, this absolutely should NOT be "laid to bed".

    That's part what WHT is for: Warning others.


    --

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Hell no. If this person is trying to restart a company, after having left so many ripped off (no refunds, nothing), and destroying their data, this absolutely should NOT be "laid to bed". It's needs to be very "out there", so others know that a wholly untrustworthy poor excuse for a "host" is about to start up another operation.

    That's part what WHT is for: Warning others.


    --
    We didn't leave anyone "ripped off" -- we're still trying to pay things off. We never once conned anyone, nor did we destroy data: Everyone had their chances of data recovery during a 72 hour period after we closed. While it certainly wasn't the best situation ever, we've been doing everything we can with the extremely limited resources we have to get everything squared away.

    No, things didn't go well and things didn't end on the most positive foot, but we're in the midst of correcting that so we can move on.

    I could understand your anger and frustration had this been intentional, but seeing as we did everything to prevent this from happening and after the fact we're still working to get things fixed, I think your anger is a bit misplaced at this point.

    The outcome of what happened was extrmely unfortunate for ALL parties involved and it's something that we regret: Trusting that the buyer would hold to their end of the bargain was a risk we took in an attempt to protect everyone, and it's one that we're regretting. At this point, all we can do is try and get everyone refunds where they are due and move on.

    We were around for six years, and during that six year period Club Uptime had nothing less than an outstanding record until the very end. That's something that we take an extreme amount of pride in, and that's a lot more than than a number of "web hosting companies" here on web hosting talk can say. It's also something that we plan to bring back into other industry sectors. We have no intentions of going back into hosting after this, but we do intend to write software to make the lives of hosting companies easier as that's what we know how to do best.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kepler 62f
    Posts
    14,766
    I just know whitewashing when I see it. That's why this thread should not just "fade away". You never owned your mistake, constantly blamed clients, ex business partners, etc.

    These:
    "Outcome of what happened was extrmely unfortunate"
    "things didn't go well"
    "Trusting that the buyer would hold to their end of the bargain"

    are NOT the same as

    Dear former CU customers,
    I personally screwed up and lost your data.
    It was apparent that servers would be cut off and I did not provide you with any forewarning.
    It's not the fault of our customers that we failed, and I apologize for anything I've written online that insinuated it.
    Again, I apologize, and I will make it right.


    ... which you've never written, in any variation.

    Now then, all of that aside...

    .... if you really want to "write software to make the lives of hosting companies easier", then I'd suggest starting with at least one open-source app as your way of re-ingratiating yourself to the community. Maybe a free version and a paid version. Something like that would earn back some respect, including mine.

    Even more respect would follow if you actually apologized to your former customer base. None of that "I'm sorry you feel that way" BS sort of non-apology that simply uses "sorry". That's what a child does. Or a politician (aka an a-hole).

    Then go a step further and insure everybody received their Paypal refunds, don't just blow them off as you did to Joe several posts back.

    Your current attitude is like that of the 1% being railed against by OWS.


    --
    Last edited by kpmedia; 11-05-2011 at 08:01 AM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    And then go a step further and insure everybody received their Paypal refunds, don't just blow them off as you did to Joe several posts back.


    --
    I'll take a guess and assume that you haven't read what has been posted up publicly on our Facebook pages and Twitter pages, nor what is posted on our main website?

    I didn't blow Joe off: After 90 days, we can't access PayPal records. As PayPal has been paid off, at this point it's in their hands and not ours if their system is stating that the refund has not yet been processed due to insufficient funds. There's a point where our hands are tied. We did our due diligence and paid them off in a timely manner, and we are continuing to do so by paying EVERYONE off.

    That's what sparked this whole thing -- The fact that we made a post to a link on our website requesting people who haven't received a refund yet to fill out a basic form so we can issue one.

    Please do a bit of basic research before posting targeted attacks against us -- especially since we've already done and/or are doing essentially everything you recommended.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    4,902
    kpmedia. What position did you hold with CU?

    This would give some weight to what you're posting as, obviously, only those who worked within the ranks really know what happened.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,833
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Your current attitude is like that of the 1% being railed against by OWS.
    OCCUPY @WEBHOSTINGTALK

    Francisco

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    I didn't blow Joe off: After 90 days, we can't access PayPal records. As PayPal has been paid off, at this point it's in their hands and not ours if their system is stating that the refund has not yet been processed due to insufficient funds. There's a point where our hands are tied. We did our due diligence and paid them off in a timely manner, and we are continuing to do so by paying EVERYONE off.
    http://dsservers.net/images/Screensh...5_05.05.09.png

    Am I mistaken? Will that not show you ALL activity on the account?

    Also, you can use this:

    http://dsservers.net/images/Screensh...5_05.06.13.png

    If you limit the searches by a few months, it will show you the relevant transactions. I've tested it to verify.
    Last edited by thezombiehunter; 11-05-2011 at 08:12 AM.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kepler 62f
    Posts
    14,766
    Quote Originally Posted by HR-Martin View Post
    only those who worked within the ranks really know what happened.
    ... and they've posted it for all of us to read. If anybody thinks my lack of "working there" is a reason to have no opinion, then so be it. In fact, I don't need to say anything else here. The thread stands for itself, I'd say. I was just aggravated that some people think what happened just 2-3 months ago is now "old news" and should be buried, forgotten and ignored -- thereby allowing a failed company to pop back up as if nothing had happened.

    No, Matt, I've not looked at Facebook. If you're finally owning the mistakes, then good, it's about time. Then again, I just looked at Twitter: "I apologize that you feel this way" is not an apology. That's condescending and unremorseful.

    The page at http://www.clubuptime.com/refunds also counters what you told Joe not 24 hours ago. "Ask Paypal, leave us alone." was the essence of that post. So which is it? You're helping past customers, or telling them to fend for themselves?

    Whatever. I have better things to do. I wish past clients all the best.

    /done

    --
    Last edited by kpmedia; 11-05-2011 at 08:15 AM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    The page at http://www.clubuptime.com/refunds also counters what you told Joe not 24 hours ago. "Ask Paypal, leave us alone." was the essence of that post. So which is it? You're helping past customers, or telling them to fend for themselves?
    Joe had clearly stated that he opened a dispute with PayPal, won the dispute, and that he was awaiting payment. The payment hadn't been processed due to "Insufficient Funds". That has absolutely nothing to do with our form or what we're doing: That's an issue on PayPals side.

    We're not PayPal. Our hands are tied in his case.

    If you have not opened a dispute and you still require a refunds, feel free to get in touch -- that's the whole point of the page and it's clearly written right on it. In Joe's case, since we're not the owners of PayPal as well, there's nothing more we can do.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    We didn't leave anyone "ripped off" -- we're still trying to pay things off. We never once conned anyone, nor did we destroy data: Everyone had their chances of data recovery during a 72 hour period after we closed.
    It's strange to see you to write that. If I remember well you dissapeared that time when your ex co-workers struggled to recover datas. When things went wrong and people lost their money, service, datas.. you wasn't around. You dissapeared and with EMPTY refund promises re-appeared much later after things settled down a bit and angry ripped-off crowd moved further.
    Now when I am reading you it's like you want to make impression like you did things right, but infact.. you wasn't even here to fix anything. It's not paypal which screwed up all those people. You did it.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    It's strange to see you to write that. If I remember well you dissapeared that time when your ex co-workers struggled to recover datas. When things went wrong and people lost their money, service, datas.. you wasn't around. You dissapeared and with EMPTY refund promises re-appeared much later after things settled down a bit and angry ripped-off crowd moved further.
    Now when I am reading you it's like you want to make impression like you did things right, but infact.. you wasn't even here to fix anything. It's not paypal which screwed up all those people. You did it.
    He absoloutely did nothing from what i have read. infact he slated people who issued chargebacks but I for one am glad i did before it was too late.

    i would never signup for a service/company that mathew rosenblatt runs again.

    i submitted a ticket and asked a few questions not long before the company went under asking what was going on was the company in trouble? being sold on?

    and i was told clubuptime LLC was not being sold and was in good financial standing

    Which was a lie (A week later everything was gone)

    joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

    www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

  14. #134
    Waiting for your web tools to request refund for my remaining about half year 1G XEN service (and commission ?), which is the first annual order I placed on VPS

    Will update here when I get the refund

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,539
    I just love how KPMedia is getting grief for stating the obvious. I don't see why a company should just be allowed to continue as if nothing has happend. What gives you the right to start up again, under the same name when there is still a lot left to be sorted out. IE Refunding the customers that you had previously and not giving us BS about it been PayPals fault.

    You closed the company, not PayPal. Your the one who screwed over clients, not PayPal. Your the one who should be worrying about refunding people, not PayPal.

    So how about you fix your previous issues and learn from them before you even consider starting back up a business, regardless of the industry your going to be covering. Before you end up back in exactly the same position as last time.
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    The payment hadn't been processed due to "Insufficient Funds". That has absolutely nothing to do with our form or what we're doing: That's an issue on PayPals side.

    We're not PayPal. Our hands are tied in his case.
    Matt, this is one of the worst attempted copouts I have ever seen here on WHT. If PayPal can't refund due to "insufficient funds" then you don't have funds in your account for them to process the refunds, and/or you don't have alternative fundings sources (cards etc) for them to take the charges from.

    The only alternative interpretation of your statement above is that PayPal have gone broke. Please don't make out that it's the latter.
    There's no such thing as an unmanaged server - It's actually self-managed. Worth remembering next time you're looking for someone to complain to.
    DATA VALUATION SERVICE: Your data's value is linked directly to your backup strategy. If YOU don't have your own backups then YOU value your data at ZERO. So why should anyone else care when you lose it?

  17. #137
    http://www.clubuptime.com/refunds/

    Using this form helps us find and track refunds due to the loss of our billing center database due to a RAID failure on our backup server several days after our closure in August. We reqeuest that you be patient. You will receive a refund if you fill out this form. We can't guarantee a timeframe at this moment, but it is our top priority.
    ----------
    What's the meaning of "You will receive a refund if you fill out this form. We can't guarantee a timeframe at this moment", 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, 100 years ?
    You are running a company, but could not afford several thousand dollar to your customer before, and could not promise any deadline? Ready for another run away ? What a shame !

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Matt, this is one of the worst attempted copouts I have ever seen here on WHT. If PayPal can't refund due to "insufficient funds" then you don't have funds in your account for them to process the refunds, and/or you don't have alternative fundings sources (cards etc) for them to take the charges from.

    The only alternative interpretation of your statement above is that PayPal have gone broke. Please don't make out that it's the latter.
    Seeing as our PayPal account was thousands of dollars in the Red due to the disputes and we have paid PayPal in full, the user simply needs to contact PayPal. We paid for their refund already: PayPal has the funds. I'm sure once they contact PayPal, they can release the funds to the user appropriately.

    It's not a "copout", it's probably just a small bug within their system as our account is still limited and will be for about another four months (they placed a 180 day hold on it due to the large number of disputes that suddenly racked up).
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by geilizhuji View Post
    What's the meaning of "You will receive a refund if you fill out this form. We can't guarantee a timeframe at this moment", 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, 100 years ?
    You are running a company, but could not afford several thousand dollar to your customer before, and could not promise any deadline? Ready for another run away ? What a shame !
    As noted many times, we have no money and the services we're about to offer cost us nothing on a monthly basis to operate as everything is pre-paid for the next year. Between that and work that myself and Brian (the co-owner) are doing privately for people, we're paying people back one-by-one.

    The services we're about to offer are going to be used partly to pay off the last of the debts. Rather than insulting us, maybe you should recognize that we're one of the only companies that has ever made a serious attempt to get everyone refunds after a companies closure rather than running. Waiting another month or two and getting your $5-150 back (depending on your plan and payment term) rather than never getting it back at all should make you happy.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •