Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

ColocateUSA Issue.

FIRST OF ALL, we never signed any contract with colocateusa.

Short Version:

ColocateUSA told us that starting in August they are going to double our bill basically. And we told them we needed to access our equipment, and they said no we can not take any hardware out of their data center until we pay overages for June, and July, and an extra month for a 30 day notice.... (NOTE: We are at this point paid up in full and owe them no monies until they made up these random charges because we wanted to get our equipment......) Soon as we told them we wanted to get our equipment they made up 2 months of overage charges out of thin air and told us to pay next months bill because they need a 30 day notice.. (Not provable in any way period, and based on a single 2-3 hour DDOS attack we received.............)

Detailed Version:

Ok so Colo4 is an excellent data center. However, I need some advice regarding our current situation.

ColocateUSA all of a sudden nearly doubled our bill and they say to "ease" the transition they have the new double bill reduced by 25% for the first month.....

So we want to move our equipment to a new colo provider, however when we opened a ticket to access our equipment they said no. They said we need to generate a invoice for overages for June and July both before you can get your equipment.... Then they charged us for like 30+Mbps when we only used 16...... And they claim the reason its 30+ is because we received a DDOS Attack for a couple hours.... I tried to argue that by 95th percentile there is no way a 2-3 hour DDOS attack (that they null routed) is going to raise us to 30Mbps of 95th percentile bandwidth......... And of course he cant explain it other than well the ddos attack put you up to 30+mbps or whatever..

He is also trying to charge us another month because we need to give him a 30 day notice to move out... Where as we gave him an immediate notice shortly after he told us he was doubling our monthly bill..........

This seems like straight up fraud to me.. A colo facility cant double your bill and then charge you BOGUS overage charges for a DDOS attack that they flat out admit we have 0 control over a ddos attack. The DDOS protection would HAVE to be from their level not ours and they do not offer that kind of protection unless we want to "buy them the equipment" ..

We have thousands of dollars worth of hardware in their facility..... what should we do?

how much is the extra fee they want to charge ?

Well we got a plan with 5mbps of bw and added 10 more for a total of 15 (paid for) they CHANGED their website to say the package is 1mbps and $90 to "upgrade" it to 10mbps but I have emails from when we negotiated the deal and it was 15Mbps not 10. but EVEN SO, even if it was only 10Mbps total, our overage would only be like 6.36mbps so a maximum of $119 overage, and they are claiming we hit like 30+ Mbps and they are charging $20 per mbps even though email negotiations said 17 per mbps and they are charging like $600 for july and like $400 for june in overages... Which keep in mind they were NOT charging these until we told them we were getting equipment out of our rack........

And we only told them that we wanted to get equipment out of rack because they doubled our monthly price pretty much because our Tech guy argued with them.

So in other words they simply got mad at us and doubled our price. Or frustrated with us or whatever you wanna call it. And that part is fine... we'll be happy to leave them for a better provider, but for them to try and jack thousands of dollars in hardware is messed up.

plus they are doubling our monthly fee. from roughly $500/mo up to $1000/mo and telling us we have to pay next months bill even if we leave...

Where are the bandwidth graphs that supposedly back them up?
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Their Terms of Service seems a bit vague...

do you think remote backup one copy to other place first?

Im not sure how this is our fault cheezy but if your only going to troll dont comment in my threads.

Here is there chart for our bandwidth last month.

http://i54.tinypic.com/nccrxf.png

And furthermore they are "randomly coming up with a bogus charge for JUNE as well that they were NOT charging until we told them we wanted to get our equipment."

You guys post threads hoping the negative publicity you bring to the provider will help you get your way.

See YDGH-Corey for an example:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1066392

This thread, with it's over the top title, is yet another attempt at such douchebaggery.

Corey is not "you guys" corey is corey.

And that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. I apologize if going with what at the time appeared to be a good provider was stupid.

But yes your right, staying with them for like 2 years was probably stupid. Our current hardware situation is not however just a stupid mistake. Our alternative may of been to go with a large data center that charged way more and in that case we would not be a "budget vps provider" .

Yes, you and Corey are "you guys" because you've chosen to group yourselves together with usernames starting with "YDGH-" which is your company.

To answer your original question what should "WE" do?

#1 - Sign contracts with your providers for the exact reason they don't change terms on you. That's what the rest of us do.

#2 - Stop posting threads on here bad mouthing your providers. You only make yourselves look bad.

#3 - Stop pretending you're business model works. It doesn't.

But if you really feel like you have a case (and I believe you are leaving out very important details to make yourselves look better and probably don't) then give this thread a read which gives you insight on how others have removed their equipment:

How I beat ServerTweak
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=715415

Thanks I will read the thread. Yes we both represent YDGH.

As for this thread, I am leaving out a lot of issues weve had with ColocateUSA as this is not a "review" of colocateusa this is a request for advice regarding them trying to straight up steal our equipment and them doubling our monthly fee out of the blue.

We complained a few times about bad services from them and their way of handling it was something to the effect of.... You will need to start paying double for us to give you the level of support you want.

Anyway, we have in writing what they agreed to give us just not on a contract.

And were a relatively small company, and we like many other small companies learn along the way.... We have learned from many of our mistakes in the past and have continued offering pretty much the same budget vps's for more than 2 years now. So yes our business model is working for us. Its not highly profitable but thats ok with us. We offer budget vps's and we try our best. Falling is just part of life. We get back up.

And regardless of our mistakes, I dont see how our mistakes make it ok for any colo provider to try and steal our equipment.

As for the contract so that they dont change their terms / prices ect, it goes both ways. Since we didnt sign a contract we are not contractually obligated to them either. If they increase their prices to double like they are doing we can move to another provider In fact spreading out over multiple data centers I think is a better plan anyway.

The graph is clearly showing only 16.32mbps for June. They can bill you 17mbps at max, unless they charge both in & out.

How much are you paying for your colo and bandwidth? Maybe pricing is too low and thats why they are hiking the price.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezus View Post
    Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to YDGH...
    I argee, This thread also comes just after their recent major outage and their site forwarded to a different domain, Something dodgy is going on for sure...

I,d love to hear their side to this story.
    Last edited by Server Management; 07-31-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quite simple, if you are *NOT* on a contract they can, within the terms of their TOS, if defined, raise your price for any reason at any time. Judging by the attitude displayed in these threads and the other one about the 1000 free IPs. It's likely they are A) losing money on the deal and B) not wanting to put up with the attitude.

They have every right to raise the prices in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    I argee, This thread also comes just after their recent major outage and their site forwarded to a different domain, Something dodgy is going on for sure...

I,d love to hear their side to this story.
    I guess by major outage you mean the 24 hour period when when the site was in the process of transferring and dns changes to a new provider. Those don't happen instantly.....and I think the purpose of this thread is to ask if they can steal from us in the manner he has explained. What additional details do you need? Or does everyone here just want to troll because we are their competition?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Quite simple, if you are *NOT* on a contract they can, within the terms of their TOS, if defined, raise your price for any reason at any time. Judging by the attitude displayed in these threads and the other one about the 1000 free IPs. It's likely they are A) losing money on the deal and B) not wanting to put up with the attitude.

They have every right to raise the prices in that case.
    Then by our rights we have the right to move to a different provider at any time right?

Also...I already admitted to being wrong in the constellate thread so continuing to bring that up in all of our future threads is not going to help anyone here on wht.

Quote Originally Posted by YDGH-Corey View Post
    I guess by major outage you mean the 24 hour period when when the site was in the process of transferring and dns changes to a new provider.
    Was your clients told about this?

Sounds to me it was more than just a "site" http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1068958

and I think the purpose of this thread is to ask if they can steal from us in the manner he has explained.
    They are not stealing from you at all.

What additional details do you need?
    None at all

Or does everyone here just want to troll because we are their competition?
    Grow up!

Then by our rights we have the right to move to a different provider at any time right?
    Nope, Your still bound by their TOS, A contract and TOS are different things.

Was your clients told about this?

Sounds to me it was more than just a "site" http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1068958

They are not stealing from you at all.

None at all

Grow up!

Nope, Your still bound by their TOS, A contract and TOS are different things.
    cd/home I really do not understand why your comments are always of this type towards us on these forums....... 'grow up' etc.... is not adding any value to the discussion.

As far as their ToS goes it does not say we can not remove any equipment.

As far as the thread goes that you linked, yes our site is on the same server as all of our reseller customers and that was moved AWAY from that provider. We wanted to keep the move hush hush so that our current provider did not know our intentions, this way we wouldn't have trouble with the move for our other customers on vps nodes. Once again, this is offtopic for this thread and you seem to just want to bash us...

I'd like to hear more from ryand as it seems back when he was with wired6 that he held a customers equipment.
    http://www.bitaccel.com/ - High resource vps hosting and vps resellers.

cd/home I really do not understand why your comments are always of this type towards us on these forums....... 'grow up' etc.... is not adding any value to the discussion.

As far as their ToS goes it does not say we can not remove any equipment.

As far as the thread goes that you linked, yes our site is on the same server as all of our reseller customers and that was moved AWAY from that provider. We wanted to keep the move hush hush so that our current provider did not know our intentions, this way we wouldn't have trouble with the move for our other customers on vps nodes. Once again, this is offtopic for this thread and you seem to just want to bash us...

I'd like to hear more from ryand as it seems back when he was with wired6 that he held a customers equipment.
    It just seems your business pratices as of recent are very questionable.

Their TOS states:

Contractual Obligations
    All dedicated servers and rack space are based upon 12 month terms of use unless noted otherwise*, when you signup for service you are agreeing to lease these services from us for a period of one (1) year from the date of signup. You may cancel your dedicated server or rack space service with us under the following guidelines:

30 Day written notice via our Help Desk in the customer service area.
    TBH - I think your trying to rip your providers off and when your not getting your own way you come here to slander them... Why else would you need to move equipment around "hush hush" mean while you leave your clients in the dark, Very unprofessional to say the least!

We wanted to keep the move hush hush so that our current provider did not know our intentions.
    And you wonder why they want you to pay first?

Is there a ColocateUSA rep on WHT? I'd like to hear their side of the story.
    ~ @PreetamJinka

Quote Originally Posted by Bitcable View Post
    Is there a ColocateUSA rep on WHT? I'd like to hear their side of the story.
    I've already spoken with Ryan, he's out with his family, being that it's the weekend. I'd expect a response later in the afternoon/evening.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 07-31-2011 at 12:48 PM.

mr. nitpicky at your service!

TBH - I think your trying to rip your providers off and when your not getting your own way you come here to slander them...!
    I think you mean libel:

"Libel is defined as defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures."

NO we are not trying to 'get our way with a provider' I have not contacted continuum since I made the continuum thread. I was trying to give an honest review to the WHT people.

I could really care less if ryan from colocateusa ever saw this thread, we were trying to get advice from the WHT people... not slander to get our way.
    http://www.bitaccel.com/ - High resource vps hosting and vps resellers.

There really isn't a whole lot of advice people can give you. You either pay and get your hardware back, or you don't. I suppose you could also consult with an attorney about your rights, depending on what your contract and the various agreements state... but that's about it.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast