Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 128

Thread: HostingCon 2012

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    3,598
    I do believe I'll be there this time.
    AYKsolutions.com - 11+ Global Locations
    From Shared to Dedicated - 100TB/1Gbps/10Gbps plans, Cloud Servers, Colo & VPS available in US, EU & Asia - Optimized for Minecraft and Social/High Traffic Websites. DDOS Protection Now Available! Current Specials
    Professional. Painless. Polite. All Managed.
    - Like Us on Facebook.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,600
    Quote Originally Posted by ayksolutions View Post
    I do believe I'll be there this time.
    I'll believe it when I see it

  3. #78
    I buy the tikets for HostingCon 2012, the last year on San Diego was great

  4. #79
    I will try not to miss the hostingcon this year!
    |★★★||★★★|ahead of you
    |★★★||★★★|
    |★★★||★★★|

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,991
    I'll be back this year.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,569
    Just registered to attend my first HostingCon...a no brainer since I'm in Boston! See you all there.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

    Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 30 million pictures resized since 2005) and DrPic.com (Advanced AJAX image editor)

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Just registered to attend my first HostingCon...a no brainer since I'm in Boston! See you all there.
    I will be attending my first one this year too. I did just find out that in order to vote for sessions, you have to register first. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleHop_Kevin View Post
    I did just find out that in order to vote for sessions, you have to register first. I'm not sure how I feel about this...
    Why should people not going have any say in what those of use who have *paid* to attend get to learn about / discuss / want ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleHop_Kevin View Post
    I will be attending my first one this year too. I did just find out that in order to vote for sessions, you have to register first. I'm not sure how I feel about this...
    If you're already going to register, then what's the worry?

    I suspect that if the voting were opened up to everyone (registered and not), we'd see massive voting fraud. And really, only the people paying to attend should have any say in the results. Someone who won't even be there shouldn't determine what presentations the rest of us get to see.
    ███Fresh Roasted Hosting: Pennsylvania web hosting since January 2012!
    ███▐ Xen PV VPS :: Custom Dedicated Servers :: Co-Location :: Shared
    ███▐ Harrisburg PA :: Dunmore PA :: Dallas TX :: Los Angeles CA

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    3,598
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Now it's a must if I'm being called out.
    AYKsolutions.com - 11+ Global Locations
    From Shared to Dedicated - 100TB/1Gbps/10Gbps plans, Cloud Servers, Colo & VPS available in US, EU & Asia - Optimized for Minecraft and Social/High Traffic Websites. DDOS Protection Now Available! Current Specials
    Professional. Painless. Polite. All Managed.
    - Like Us on Facebook.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    I suspect that if the voting were opened up to everyone (registered and not), we'd see massive voting fraud. And really, only the people paying to attend should have any say in the results. Someone who won't even be there shouldn't determine what presentations the rest of us get to see.
    This is the reasoning used when we decided to have voting for registered attendees only.
    Rob Farrell :: Product Manager - Hosting & Cloud Vertical :: Penton
    Web Hosting Talk | WHIR | HostingCon

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven2 Hosting View Post
    HostingCon's atmosphere has shifted quite a bit, I'm gonna pass on next year.
    How has it changed or shifted over the years?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    776
    Friendly reminder: There is no parking at Hynes Convention Center. If you aren't staying at the Sheraton or one of the other nearby hotels, you will need to pay to park in one of the nearby garages. Expect to pay about $20 - $40 per day. It might be prudent to carpool. Here's a link to some nearby parking garages:

    http://www.mccahome.com/jhcc_dir_par.html

    Also, for anyone not familiar with Boston traffic, it's really gotten a lot better over the years. These days you should only expect to go through no more than three tires and six body panels. Per day.
    Last edited by FRH Dave; 02-11-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Some of the worst grammar I've ever written
    ███Fresh Roasted Hosting: Pennsylvania web hosting since January 2012!
    ███▐ Xen PV VPS :: Custom Dedicated Servers :: Co-Location :: Shared
    ███▐ Harrisburg PA :: Dunmore PA :: Dallas TX :: Los Angeles CA

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,364
    Whats the evening/social line up looking like? Anything planned yet? If I go I'll skip the conference stuff and just hit the social stuff in the evenings.
    Incero's Enterprise Servers - Dallas, NYC, & Seattle Colocation
    e: sales(at)incero(dot)com 855.217.COLO (2656)
    Enterprise Servers, SATA/SAS/SSD, secure IPMI/KVM remote control, 100% U.S.A. Based Staff
    SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    Friendly reminder: There is no parking at Hynes Convention Center. If you aren't staying at the Sheraton or one of the other nearby hotels, you will need to pay to park in one of the nearby garages. Expect to pay about $20 - $40 per day. It might be prudent to carpool. Here's a link to some nearby parking garages:

    http://www.mccahome.com/jhcc_dir_par.html

    Also, for anyone not familiar with Boston traffic, it's really gotten a lot better over the years. These days you should only expect to go through no more than three tires and six body panels. Per day.
    Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2012
    By jrianto in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 06:40 PM
  2. The Year 2012
    By JohnJ in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 07:08 AM
  3. 2012
    By Webdude in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •