hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : How to start cloud hosting

Forum Jump

How to start cloud hosting

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

How to start cloud hosting

Hello,
I need advice on starting cloud hosting..
1) What are the things i should look at for.
2) Where can i get a cheap reliable cloud hosting reseller provider

3) Why would customer prefer cloud hosting to shared hosting

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Web Hosting Master

Look for fast and redundant servers because you will need around 3-4 to start.

Customers would prefer cloud hosting because it is on a redundant environment and *generally* it would be significantly faster.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

Cloud Hosting is more reliable and faster than traditional "shared" hosting, wherein mostly people oversell and crowd the server with too many clients. This is the reason why people prefer cloud over shared.

As to reseller plans, sorry mate I have no idea.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Corporate Member

Please do your own market research, sheesh..

Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

Check the reseller offers forum. I recall coming across a cloud host with some pretty good reseller prices.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostsleek View Post
Hello,
I need advice on starting cloud hosting..
1) What are the things i should look at for.
2) Where can i get a cheap reliable cloud hosting reseller provider

3) Why would customer prefer cloud hosting to shared hosting
You should take alook at this: http://onapp.com/

24/7 Ticket + Phone + Live Chat Support | More Locations Coming! | Visit Our Special Offers

Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Just passing through

Considering the very high cost of setting up a Cloud that is anywhere remotely near 'acceptable' for a large scale deployment, you can do what we do. We simply control our own dedicated/private Cloud which we rent. Meanwhile, we're busting our butts to grow and expand, creating a very positive track record which will help us financially in the future to deploy our own AppLogic build.

Unless you have a VERY large budget to do it right, I wouldn't both building/deploying your own Cloud from the start. Do what we do, purchase a dedicated/private cloud resources from another provider, grow your business until you have a good enough track record and general interest to invest into your own deployment/build, and then go from there. Any reasonable provider will allow you to create/destroy/scale VMs instantly, this means you can offer Shared hosting on a VM, Reseller on another, sell Cloud VPSes, etc.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.