Non Drinking Fun ~ Biking/Surfing Anyone?

I don't drink, and would love to do some fun/healthy networking without alcohol.

I'm doing this trip on the cheap. Staying at a Hostel likely and renting a bike to ride around on instead of a rental car. I'm thinking of exploring any possible bike paths while in San Diego. I'm cool with some small rides (3 or 4 miles), but I'm also down for a 20+ or 30+ mile bike ride if there's some nice trails/paths in the area. I'm also probably going to take surfing lessons on Thursday.

If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know. Search for Host Pond on the HostingCon connect page (Richard Powell) to message me.

I would absolutely be up for joining in on a 20-40 mile mountain bike ride if someone else wanted to organize it.

Mhalligan and anyone else interested. Sorry for the delay in posting an idea. Had to investigate things a bit. Here's couple of options.

Tonight (Tue) @ 6pm there is a local meetup.com group riding 15 miles from Balboa Park to the beach, and a 10 mile return. I'm doing it just before geeks gone wild. I was invited by a friendly at the SD bike coalition.

Call me if interested and needing more info. 971-212-4990.

Ideas for tomorrow (Wed) or Thu include Ferry ride ($7) to Coronado for 18 mile (or so round trip) ride to imperial beach. Another option is ride to state park on the far side of coronado ($5 access fee) which apparently has spectacular view of San Diego. Its a steep climb I'm told, and maybe 20+ miles round trip.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by techdruid View Post
    I don't drink, and would love to do some fun/healthy networking without alcohol.

I'm doing this trip on the cheap. Staying at a Hostel likely and renting a bike to ride around on instead of a rental car. I'm thinking of exploring any possible bike paths while in San Diego. I'm cool with some small rides (3 or 4 miles), but I'm also down for a 20+ or 30+ mile bike ride if there's some nice trails/paths in the area. I'm also probably going to take surfing lessons on Thursday.

If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know. Search for Host Pond on the HostingCon connect page (Richard Powell) to message me.
    I was extremely interested to go surfing, but we were so busy all these days that I didn't even get to the beach. But for sure San Diego rocks. Wanna go there again

I was actually just in San Diego and while I was busy at HostingCon, I did get a bunch of recommendations to either take the water taxi over to Coranado Island and walk/bike around, tour some of the ships they have in the bay (apparently they have a museum there) or hit up either OB or PB for good food and the beach
    | Alex Font | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands