Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    523

    Wiredtree are a bunch of real stand up guys!

    I have a small forum and for what ever reason it hates shared hosting! Last month I had a 1GB VPS with Wiredtree I asked Wiredtree to make some modifications to the VPS and they did for free.

    My forum traffic slowed, and my wife was complaining about paying for a VPS when the website was slow. (Because we are paying off bills to buy a house next year)

    I sent a support ticket to Wiredtree telling them I need to cancel my VPS because my wife was complaining about spending money on a VPS when the forum was slow. They said no problem we will be happy to have you back if you need VPS hosting again.

    The last two weeks I have been through two different shared hosts because the website had problems at each host. Friday I called Wiredtree around 3am~4am and asked them if they would take me back they said no problem.

    I put the order in and some time around 5am I had my new 1GB VPS and I called back around 6am and asked them to make the same changes they made on the last VPS. And they did it again for free!

    4am this morning I submitted a ticket asking for Litespeed and it was running on the server by 5am. I can not say enough good things about the Wiredtree guys. This time I will shut down the forum before I go back to shared hosting, its just not worth it!

    P.S. My forum has 20 mods and 2 of the are disabled, I don't know if the mods are causing a problem with the shared hosts. But the Wiredtree VPS doesn't even break a sweat. If you want to see my forum the link is in my signature.
    Michigan Photo Blog: Photos From Around Michigan!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,610
    I'm happy to hear you're satisfied with WiredTree. Its nice to see a happy customer

    Yes, WiredTree is a fully managed provider so they will take care of setting up, optimizing, and managing your server

    On shared hosting you were most likely limiting the CPU usage due to the mods you have installed on your blog, but glad you have everything working on your VPS now

    Your blog is loading very fast from here
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,742
    It's always nice to read a positive review on any company.

    They are a company on the move.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,225
    Good to read good reviews.

    Your site really flies even here from Europe

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,153
    Runs well for me in Spain too!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,759
    Great to hear it, I've also heard nothing but good things about WT.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,225
    By the way. You mentioned that the site cost was an issue.
    Have you tried approaching local businesses for targeted advertising on your website or other ways to monitize your site (without just slapping random banners onto it)?

    If your site is pretty popular it would be a no-brainer for them to spend a little bit of money for the local eyeballs you bring in

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    266
    It's worth mentioning that WiredTree is going to be upgrading their VPS plans this Monday. Here's the plan:

    WT New VPS Plans, starting 7/18.
    VPS512->VPS1000 (1024MB RAM, 100GB RAID-10 Disk, 3000GB Transfer)
    VPS768->VPS1200 (1280MB RAM, 120GB RAID-10 Disk, 3500GB Transfer)
    VPS1024->VPS1500 (1536MB RAM, 150GB RAID-10 Disk, 4000GB Transfer)

    This is from their Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/wiredtree

    So it may be possible to save a good bit of money by "downgrading" to the 1 GB VPS once you get the upgrade.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by barry[CoffeeSprout] View Post
    Good to read good reviews.

    Your site really flies even here from Europe
    I second that, pages load fine here in Europe. On another note, Wiredtree is very good. I used them for a couple of months but couldn't justify the costs. So I moved back to unmanaged with no control panel.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    77
    The site loads fast for me too, I was checking if the gallery images and that too loaded fast for me. I am not sure about the previous loading time of your sire but I guess litespeed made the site to load much faster now.
    OutsourceHostingSupport.Com
    Offering range of Outsourced Web Hosting Support options
    for Reseller hosts, VPS and Dedicated server providers
    Tailor made hosting support plans

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghan_04 View Post
    It's worth mentioning that WiredTree is going to be upgrading their VPS plans this Monday. Here's the plan:

    WT New VPS Plans, starting 7/18.
    VPS512->VPS1000 (1024MB RAM, 100GB RAID-10 Disk, 3000GB Transfer)
    VPS768->VPS1200 (1280MB RAM, 120GB RAID-10 Disk, 3500GB Transfer)
    VPS1024->VPS1500 (1536MB RAM, 150GB RAID-10 Disk, 4000GB Transfer)

    This is from their Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/wiredtree

    So it may be possible to save a good bit of money by "downgrading" to the 1 GB VPS once you get the upgrade.
    Ya I was going to say talk to Wiredtree tomorrow and ask about getting the new plan. As right now the OP going to get moved up to VPS1500 plan. But if they don't need that much ram they can save a nice chunk of money.

    From facebook

    http://www.facebook.com/WiredTree

    I added prices from the current plans as prices will stay the same.

    The new VPS plans will be as follows:
    VPS512 becomes VPS1000 (1024MB RAM, 100GB RAID-10 Disk, 3000GB Transfer)Starting at $49.00 a Month

    VPS768 becomes VPS1200 (1280MB RAM, 120GB RAID-10 Disk, 3500GB Transfer) Starting at $69.00 a Month

    VPS1024 becomes VPS1500 (1536MB RAM, 150GB RAID-10 Disk, 4000GB Transfer)Starting at $89.00 a Month



    Wiredtree also mentioned their hybrids will soon be getting a level up.

    They also said may consider a new entry level package some time in the future.

    A lot of good stuff happening over at Wiredtree. It will be nice when their site is updated. Hopefully they update their network page as well as its currently outdated.

    Wiredtree's twitter

    http://twitter.com/#!/wiredtree

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    174
    Also Soulwatch just out curiosity who where you two previous shared hosts?

  13. #13
    WiredTree is certainly a phenomenal provider, and willing to go above and beyond when it comes to working with customers and accommodating their needs. Best of luck... and enjoy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwatcher1974 View Post
    I have a small forum and for what ever reason it hates shared hosting! Last month I had a 1GB VPS with Wiredtree I asked Wiredtree to make some modifications to the VPS and they did for free.

    My forum traffic slowed, and my wife was complaining about paying for a VPS when the website was slow. (Because we are paying off bills to buy a house next year)

    I sent a support ticket to Wiredtree telling them I need to cancel my VPS because my wife was complaining about spending money on a VPS when the forum was slow. They said no problem we will be happy to have you back if you need VPS hosting again.

    The last two weeks I have been through two different shared hosts because the website had problems at each host. Friday I called Wiredtree around 3am~4am and asked them if they would take me back they said no problem.

    I put the order in and some time around 5am I had my new 1GB VPS and I called back around 6am and asked them to make the same changes they made on the last VPS. And they did it again for free!

    4am this morning I submitted a ticket asking for Litespeed and it was running on the server by 5am. I can not say enough good things about the Wiredtree guys. This time I will shut down the forum before I go back to shared hosting, its just not worth it!

    P.S. My forum has 20 mods and 2 of the are disabled, I don't know if the mods are causing a problem with the shared hosts. But the Wiredtree VPS doesn't even break a sweat. If you want to see my forum the link is in my signature.

  14. #14
    Always hear good things about WiredTree - Glad you are having a good experience.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    224
    It's always good to read good reviews, another positive tick for WiredTree on my list.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunH View Post
    Also Soulwatch just out curiosity who where you two previous shared hosts?
    Host Gator and Hawk Host, but I just found out today that by disabling one of my mods the VPS load dropped from .20 to 0 most of the day, even though my visitors doubled today. I do not know what a .20 VPS load = on a shared hosting account.
    Michigan Photo Blog: Photos From Around Michigan!

  17. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 03:47 AM
  3. hagenhosting, are these guys for real?
    By thedark1 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 05:31 PM
  4. Will the real Hussein please stand up???
    By Acroplex in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2003, 11:06 PM
  5. Will the Real Miss NC please stand UP !
    By web docta in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2002, 07:34 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •