hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Managedphp/Radixhosting

Forum Jump

Managedphp/Radixhosting

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 AM

Angry

Managedphp/Radixhosting

Just like to mention that seems Managedphp (who took over from Radixhosting last year)

I joined RadixHosting about 3 year ago and hardly had any troubles (any issues were resolved very quickly) so was very happy with their service.

Since Managephp took over I have had nothing but issue after issue (my sites being down for days, support not answering tickets)

In March this year I was going to move away (as my fee was due for renewal) but they assured me everything was resolved now.

So I paid my yearly fee on this assumption and would you believe have had nothing but troubles (sites now been offline for 3 days) and this is not first time.

Their site is always down at same time as mine so unable to contact them.

When their site is up and running you cannot email them either using their email address or using the form on their site as all you get is a returned email saying unable to deliver due to mailbox being full.

I did manage to eventually access my client area a month ago to send support ticket but they are not answering quickly (over 2 weeks for one ticket for a reply) and when I replied back a further 10 days and no reply.

I informed them that their is a problem with the mailbox being full and was told that someone would look into that .. but no reply.

I asked for a refund as paid 12 months in advance (I know daft but as stated when it was RadixHosting had no qualms about paying in advance) but was told they do not give refunds other than within the first 30 days.

I then asked for contact details of manager and was told it would be passed on to them ... that was 2 weeks ago and nothing from them either.

So the above is just a short recap on the problems have experienced with this company and so would advise anyone thinking of using them to not do so.

I know have to look for another host and lose the money paid to managedphp.com and so more expense to pay out.

Anyone else here with managedphp.com having similar issues ?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Disabled

If their site is down at the same time your's is then it's possible that it may be issues with their DNS servers or hosting platform.

When looking for a webhost people mainly look at what packages they off and don't normally as what the server uptime is and what sort of support they get (telephone or ticket support and the average turnaround on support queries).

The company I work for offer both telephone and ticket system support and attempt to reply to tickets within 4 hours.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4rscream View Post
If their site is down at the same time your's is then it's possible that it may be issues with their DNS servers or hosting platform.

When looking for a webhost people mainly look at what packages they off and don't normally as what the server uptime is and what sort of support they get (telephone or ticket support and the average turnaround on support queries).

The company I work for offer both telephone and ticket system support and attempt to reply to tickets within 4 hours.
The support according to their website is 'within 1 hour (usually within 19 mins)'.

Server uptime ... again according to their website is 99.9%.

That is from their website and and I have mentioned this in my support tickets but still takes them 2 weeks or whatever to reply.

If it is a DNS problem then it happens now too often (4 times in past 6 weeks) and that for me is not good.

As mentioned ... when it was RadixHosting there waas no problem .. since Managedphp.com took over it has got worse and worse

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Into 4th day of offline.

After all this time I would say it looks like a dead host after all this time.

Having done a more thorough search on managedphp.com it would seem that 'One or more of your nameservers did not respond' and 'Missing nameservers reported by your nameservers', 'no MX or A records' ... to to name a few of problem have found with managedphp.com

It really annoys me that companies know they are going to fold but they never bother to notify their customers in advance so you can start to look for somewhere else.

12 months wasted (as well as dedicated ip and SSL)

I am really starting to go off this hosting lark as seems a lot of businessess just try to con you for as much as they can get (note I said a lot of businessess ... not everyone)

Last edited by sdrj; 07-14-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 PM

Longest Ever and probably they won't come up ever

I also have some sites hosted with them. As sdrj pointed out, after managedphp took over, there have been loads of downtimes. Now, they seem to have disappeared in thin air. This is not the first time they have been down for this long though. I don't know if thinking that they will ever come back will be hoping against hope, but considering they have done it before, i think they will come back. The last time I took backups was 1 month back. I need them to come back to transfer my data to other host.
This is actually illegal, ain't it? Disappearing without informing the customers.
sdrj, is there anything we can do about this legally?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatozkat View Post
I also have some sites hosted with them. As sdrj pointed out, after managedphp took over, there have been loads of downtimes. Now, they seem to have disappeared in thin air. This is not the first time they have been down for this long though. I don't know if thinking that they will ever come back will be hoping against hope, but considering they have done it before, i think they will come back. The last time I took backups was 1 month back. I need them to come back to transfer my data to other host.
This is actually illegal, ain't it? Disappearing without informing the customers.
sdrj, is there anything we can do about this legally?
I'm kind of in the same boat. I just want access to my data. Then I'm gone. Well, I'm gone regardless, but I want my data.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Disabled

No experience with this company. But from what you explained I think you should migrate away ASAP for quality services. There're many good companies to deal with, you dont have to stay there because of any assurance.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:04 AM

Nice to hear I am not the only customer with this problem

I will be moving away once have found a suitable company to move to (so confused with all the hosting offers and deciding which one suites my purposes best) but like ghatozkatmy last backup was a month or so ago and really would like to get a more recent backup.

It is now 7th day of offline and am very annoyed at the way have been treated.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:12 AM

Same here
In the beginning Radix ws not bad but went worse after a while and now that MP took over I (and therfor) my customers are totally left in the dark :-/

Guess we just want what everybody wants,
- a fix
- an explanation and
- access to our data

hope it will be fixed soon
i know they are reading this, so be polite and let us KNOW!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:04 AM

Guys,
From the ip that has been assigned to my website, I am able to find that their servers are located somewhere in Holland. Radix had servers at Softlayer in the US itself. Seems like ManagedPHP has colocated its servers at this data center located in Holland:
Datahouse.nl
I have mailed the guys at DataHouse hoping to get some info.
I will keep you guys updated regarding this.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:04 AM

a day further, any news?

Old 07-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcreativ View Post
a day further, any news?
day further than what ... your last post was only 5 hours ago

Old 07-16-2011, 10:33 PM

Guys,
I tried to find out who runs managedphp from a page retrieved from google's cache. Here's the info that I got:

Theodore Lawson, Managing Director

Pietro Valle, Business Operations Manager

Jimmy Connors, Delivery Manager

Hayley Moore, Head Finance & Administration

It seems that all those names are bogus. Jimmy Connors is a popular tennis player, Pietro Valle is an Italian traveler and blah blah.

Do you guys remember Joshua Burt from RadixHosting? This is Joshua's phone number +16412627400. I called the number but no one picked the phone up. You guys can also try and post updates here!

Further, I haven't got any replies from DataHouse.nl. They are my last hope incase the guys at managedphp have called it quit!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 PM

I have found out from a contact who is hosting with managedphp that managedphp had told him that they will be switching servers. So, let's hope they will be back soon and we will have access to our data!

Old 07-17-2011, 03:39 AM

last year, when MP took over Radix, they also switched servers
communications were down for a week and suddenly they went back online

... but still they are active on this board, so they should post a thread explaining why and how?