hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Cheap Reseller Hosting - Recommendations?

Forum Jump

Cheap Reseller Hosting - Recommendations?

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Cheap Reseller Hosting - Recommendations?

Hi everyone. I have been looking for here on WHT for budget hosts for a few years now, have been with a couple of different companies and had mixed results with them. I am currently looking for some cheap reseller hosting. I am not looking to resell the hosting but simply host my own sites. I use very little resources and only require:

1Gb of space
10Gb of bandwidth

I would like to pay $1-$3 per month but could stretch that to $5 but only for a very reputable / multiple positive review company.

I have been looking in the "offers" section for the past couple of days and reading / trying to find reviews of various companies.

Please recommend any budget / cheap reseller hosts that might fit my budget. If there are any hosting providers reading this that can offer me a custom plan to meet my light usage needs please PM me (so as not to soil this thread).

PS: How do i check the uptime of web hosts that i am researching? And is such an uptime check really reliable?

Thank you guys i really appreciate any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Dependable Web Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasMate View Post
$5 but only for a very reputable / multiple positive review company.
Your best bet would be to do search for "bad reviews". Generally speaking, people are much quicker to post negative reviews about a company than they do positive reviews. So just because a company does not have any reviews on the internet should not be a reflection of their service. However if a company has a multiple negative reviews on the internet that are absent any kind of response from the company, that should tell you something.

Also, keep in mind there are many positive reviews on the net that are often times fake or posted by customers who are receiving some type of incentive for making that review, so try to take everything with a grain of salt.

Quote:
If there are any hosting providers reading this that can offer me a custom plan to meet my light usage needs please PM me (so as not to soil this thread).
Its actually against forum rules (for your protection) for companies to solicit you their services on here (even if you are asking for it). Your best bet would be to contact any companies you might be interested in and see if they would be willing to develop some type of custom plan for you?

If anyone has already contacted you via PM, I would simply ignore and report them as they are more than likely an untrustworthy web host.

Quote:
PS: How do i check the uptime of web hosts that i am researching? And is such an uptime check really reliable?
You can ask if they have some type of public server monitoring statistics available? You can also ask for speed tests to see how fast the connection to the server is. However ultimatley, you wont really know until you actually host with the company. Hence, why it is always important you read the company TOS and make sure they have a Money Back Guarantee that is at least 30 days.

Best of luck!

Click Here to Learn More About Our Services!- Check Out Our Youtube Channel

Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
If there are any hosting providers reading this that can offer me a custom plan to meet my light usage needs please PM me (so as not to soil this thread).
It's against the rule to pm offer in this forum.
With your budget, you can get a shared hosting account with addon domains.
Each domain will have its own folder but all domains share one control panel login.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
Its actually against forum rules (for your protection) for companies to solicit you their services on here (even if you are asking for it). Your best bet would be to contact any companies you might be interested in and see if they would be willing to develop some type of custom plan for you?

If anyone has already contacted you via PM, I would simply ignore and report them as they are more than likely an untrustworthy web host.
Ok thanks of the advice on looking for negative reviews. And thanks for the heads up about the pm system here. I didn't know about that and would like to say DON"T pm me with your offers. I have already contacted a couple of companies looking for a custom plan and will contact some more that i deem worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
It's against the rule to pm offer in this forum.
With your budget, you can get a shared hosting account with addon domains.
Each domain will have its own folder but all domains share one control panel login.
Would a shared hosting account with add on domains work ok? I have never done that before. What are the negatives? Does it get confusing with different sites using their own mysql etc?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Dependable Web Services

Quote:

Would a shared hosting account with add on domains work ok? I have never done that before. What are the negatives? Does it get confusing with different sites using their own mysql etc?
It really depends, are your sites currently operational with another web host, or are these all going to be new websites? You might also want to check out the following thread...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1060445

Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
It really depends, are your sites currently operational with another web host, or are these all going to be new websites? You might also want to check out the following thread...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1060445
Thanks for the link, i guess after reading that thread the only issue i can see would be this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
It's a good idea and what I would recommend. Benefits include:

Resources. If you opt for a reseller account, CPU limits are generally placed per account, not per domain.
I don't want to have my allocated resources spread out over my domains and thus limiting the loading speed of my sites...

Old 06-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Dependable Web Services

Quote:

I don't want to have my allocated resources spread out over my domains and thus limiting the loading speed of my sites...
Generally that is referring to the CPU/Memory usage, which if your accounts are low usage, I would not worry to much about. However if that is a concern for you, then I would recommend going with a reseller account, instead of going with a regular shared account.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Generally that is referring to the CPU/Memory usage, which if your accounts are low usage, I would not worry to much about. However if that is a concern for you, then I would recommend going with a reseller account, instead of going with a regular shared account.
They should be low-ish usage but the problem is i have over 20 sites.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Dependable Web Services

Quote:
They should be low-ish usage but the problem is i have over 20 sites.
Ah ok, then it sounds to me like a reseller package would probably be a better fit for you.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 AM

web hosting for you

I know how hard it is finding a good hosting company. I am with FVS right now, a cheap web hosting company based in UK... you can try to ask for quotes and see if they can offer you the solution you needed. here is there website freevirtualservers.com

Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamelaPeters View Post
I know how hard it is finding a good hosting company. I am with FVS right now, a cheap web hosting company based in UK... you can try to ask for quotes and see if they can offer you the solution you needed. here is there website freevirtualservers.com
Thank you for your advice and help, i just sent them a sales ticket... fingers crossed!

Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamelaPeters View Post
Which domain do you have hosted with them?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Ah ok, then it sounds to me like a reseller package would probably be a better fit for you.
Agreed.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
Agreed.
Good i guess my opening post is still relevent then
I am still looking, and appreciating any company recommendations based on good uptime & positive reviews. It is not easy on my budget, i know the easy way would be to increase my budget but sadly this is not possible.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
I would like to pay $1-$3 per month but could stretch that to $5 but only for a very reputable / multiple positive review company.
You aren't really going to find a very reputable host selling reseller plans for under $5 a month. The cost to run the servers/support/backups, etc has a value. At your price range you should be thankful if your sites load.