Exclamation I need help diving into the world of reselling!

Hey, I am brand new to this forum. Everywhere I look I see this website coming up so I figured I would give it a try.

I am really interested in starting a reselling business that offers my own turnkey websites.

I have a few questions to help me get started on this journey.

-What are some recommendations on which host to buy from? My two current picks are godaddy and resellerclub. I am tempted to go with resellerclub because their API looks like it is a little bit easier to handle.

-How should I start things off? I eventually would like to develop my own turnkey websites that would be available to my customers, but starting off I think I may want to simply offer hosting services and domain name registration. Any recommendations would be great.

-Where should my advertising begin? I was planning on advertising locally as well as on the internet. Godaddy offers some nice advertising credits when you buy their package which is a real incentive for me.

-If things go well, how much money should I expect to earn in my first fiscal year of operations?

-Am I required to register my operations as a business or can I start conducting operations without any permits?

Thanks for any help in advance guys.

I'd do a bit of research for Hosts on here if I was you.....ignore anything you see on review sites.

I know nothing about ResellerClub but I doubt very much if anybody on this forum will recommend you to use GoDaddy for hosting.

Yes, for full TurnKey site you're probably best off using a provider like ResellerClub.

Good luck.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Yes, for full TurnKey site you're probably best off using a provider like ResellerClub.

Good luck.
    Im not really interested in receiving a turnkey website, I am fine with building my own site and using a provided api like resellerclub and godaddy offer. I was referring to giving my customers my own turnkey websites for a fee. I suppose it doesn't really matter right now, I would like to start off just hosting and build my way up.

I would start with WMHCS and cPanel/WHM linux reseller hosting, not H-Sphere or window and linux offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    I doubt very much if anybody on this forum will recommend you to use GoDaddy for hosting.
    The reason I set up as a reseller was to give my clients a better alternative to GoDaddy, which they often 'purchase' as their first shared hosting solution and then come to me asking to anaylze their code to find out why their sites run so slow. Guess the normal answer.

My tip is, research thoroughly, don't believe ANY review site (they are all affiliates ) and also actually some of the alleged 'performance sites' which test your sites performance. On I was playing with ranked my sites at 19, behind a list of hosting companies, so I tested google - facebook - bbc, and guess what position they came!!

Trust nobody - not even me ;-)

I think im gonna go with site5 reseller hosting. I did some thinking and i figured that reselling really isn't worth doing to just make some extra money. Ideally I will be using it to host a server for anyone who I will be doing web design and management for.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Scale when you need to

I have had very good experiences with godaddy. Their hosting is cheap and if you're just starting to ramp up, hosting should not be a huge concern. Best to scale when you need to scale, not sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by $php View Post
    Hey, I am brand new to this forum. Everywhere I look I see this website coming up so I figured I would give it a try.
    Welcome and joining here is one of the best thing you did that is related to hosting.

I am really interested in starting a reselling business that offers my own turnkey websites.
    For your own turnkey website, better get your unique site designed and developed

I have a few questions to help me get started on this journey.

-What are some recommendations on which host to buy from? My two current picks are godaddy and resellerclub. I am tempted to go with resellerclub because their API looks like it is a little bit easier to handle.
    You will regret going with them for hosting in the long run. ResellerClub is good for reselling domains, but for hosting none of them are good. Search here for the words unlimited and overselling, check the offers section, see which one suits you, make a short list of hosts, communicate with them, search for reviews on them, ask about them here on WHT.

-How should I start things off? I eventually would like to develop my own turnkey websites that would be available to my customers, but starting off I think I may want to simply offer hosting services and domain name registration. Any recommendations would be great.
    Start with reselling cPanel/WHM based hosting if you are interested in Linux, or Plesk or WebsitePanel or HostingController if you want to start with Windows. Do lots of research, create a business plan, get a site done, get a billing system like WHMCS/HostBill/ClientExec and get a domain reseller account from ResellerClub.

-Where should my advertising begin? I was planning on advertising locally as well as on the internet. Godaddy offers some nice advertising credits when you buy their package which is a real incentive for me.
    Google also gives free credits to start with advertising. Also depending on your location and your market location, you can post your offers here on WHT and many other related forums. If you are on low budget, better do some hard work on SEO for your website.

-If things go well, how much money should I expect to earn in my first fiscal year of operations?
    A good business plan will answer that question, but be prepared for no profit for the first year.

-Am I required to register my operations as a business or can I start conducting operations without any permits?
    Depends on your country and rules there.

Thanks for any help in advance guys.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Online Advertising

Online advertising is definitely a successful promotion practice for startups. It's inexpensive, efficient, and allows your advertising to spread globally. I would recommend purchasing a domain from GoDaddy since their hosting costs are reasonable and they have various advertising options.

Turnkey Startups

The universal demand for website development is continually increasing. A brand's virtual face is often the first face consumers see. It is crucial that these virtual impressions become lasting impressions through an impressive and user-friendly website. Therefore, there is great potential for turnkey startups.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    Google also gives free credits to start with advertising..

Just a word to the wise, the free google credit you can get ($50-$75) are a drop in the ocean for what you need to spend on a Pay Per Click campaign.

Google have a 'quality score' process that takes while to earn, and you just can't buy yourself position and clicks, any good PPC campaign needs to run for over 3 months before the ROI (Return on Investment) starts to stabilise and can be tailored.

There is a whole art & science to keywords, negative key words etc in PPC.

This is not something that gets talked about lots, but Google love to give away free credits to naive advertisers because naive PPC strategies force the cost per click up for the pro-firms, so they get their money back anyway, and with any luck you'll dabble more of your own money anyway.

I am not saying don't do it, PPC is the most effective forms for ROI, followed by SEO, but do it with your eyes open. Its not cheap.