* Need Dedicated Server & /24 IP Block

Hello,

I am in need of a dedicated server and also a /24 IP block which is absolutely necessary.

CentOS
    Duo Core
    2GB RAM
    250GB HD
    2000GB bandwidth

The reason for the /24 is that I'm trying to help an IT procurement / marketing company. They are a responsible, well-known US company that complies with all CAN SPAM act policies as well as adhering to the Federal Trade Commission.

My biggest concern is finding a company that will only charge a one-time fee for the IP block but am going to accept any offers at this point.

They are a responsible marketing firm/company that adheres to all laws and policies. I need something for them as soon as possible.

--
    Thanks,
    Ryan

may we know how much ur budget?
    Fast Host Online Hosting, Domain, VPS, Dedicated Server
    OpenVZ, Xen, And WIndows VPS
    http://www.fasthostonline.co.id

Hi Ryan,

No one is going to charge a one time fee for IPs, because ARIN charges annually for IPs.

In my experience, any legitimate mailer can send out all their email on one IP. The largest mail systems in the world; gmail, hotmail, ymail, etc, all send from a handful of IPs without problem. The only time you ever run into an issue is when you're sending mail in bulk to people whose email addresses weren't collected in the normal line of business (ie, doing business with that person).

With IPv4 getting so depleted, I'd be surprised if you can find a provider willing to give you a /24 at all for mailing.
    Seattle, WA - Gigabit Carrier & Network Services Provider
    Uptime | Atlas Networks

I do not think that any company will charge you a 1 time fee for the IP's used. It will most probably be a monthly thing.

What is your budget? Are you just looking for a Budget Company or are you looking for a Premium Provider? Are they mission critial?

By the way, how can you actually justify having 254 IP's?
    Last edited by aodat2; 06-17-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by RyuRyan View Post
    They are a responsible marketing firm/company that adheres to all laws and policies. I need something for them as soon as possible.
    If they adhere to all laws and policies, then they should also adhere to ARIN's. There is absolutely no need to have so many IPs for mailing purposes from a single server. Any need for more than 1 IP would be purely an administrative, and not a technical requirement. IPs do get mistakenly blacklisted from time to time, but having 2-3 /29's is more than adequate for dealing with those circumstances. A /24 would only be necessary for snowshoe spamming techniques.
    ASTUTE INTERNET: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Performance and Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, Shaw, CogecoPeer1, GTT/Tinet),
    AS63213 Cost Effective High Performance Network (Cogent, HE, GTT/Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Good luck getting a /24 for a single server...

Hello,

I am in need of a dedicated server and also a /24 IP block which is absolutely necessary.

CentOS
    Duo Core
    2GB RAM
    250GB HD
    2000GB bandwidth

The reason for the /24 is that I'm trying to help an IT procurement / marketing company. They are a responsible, well-known US company that complies with all CAN SPAM act policies as well as adhering to the Federal Trade Commission.

My biggest concern is finding a company that will only charge a one-time fee for the IP block but am going to accept any offers at this point.

--
    Thanks,
    Ryan

You only need 1 IP to mail from. Anyone who is a responsible mailer and has this sort of "reputation" wouldn't have issues sending mail from a single IP.

Everything else is considered snowshoe spamming, regardless of "can spam compliant" you are still "spamming"
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

Now that IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) has given out the last of the IPv4 address space to the regional authorities, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give you a /24 block for a one-time fee.

Based on Microsoft's purchase of 600,000+ IPv4 addresses from Nortel, the current value of each IPv4 address is about $12.00. So even if a provider used that as a one-time fee, you're still looking at $3100.00 and probably much, much higher.

It will be very hard getting a block of /24 IP addresses due to the IPv4 running out. Also as other members mentioned, no one will charge one time fee per IP address since ARIN does not charge one time fee.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

What is your budget?

Anyone who wants to utilize a /24 IP space MUST justify the use of those IPs. A "Procurement / marketing " is NOT a valid reason to spare an IP address and does not comply with the IP allocation policy and guidelines of ARIN. So it is hard to get /24 just like that.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone