Equinix NY4 Colocation cost ?

Hi All,

I am looking for A cabinet at NY4 , Can you one give me an idea what average cost would be ?

Regards,

S1200+POWER

edit: Arm + Leg , First Born and 5% increase per year.

lostpacket, do you mean S1200+POWER = $1.2k / monthly + Power Cost? Can you give me Basic power cost would be ?

Sorry, i am new at this, i don't know about terminology .

yes $1,200 mo

Thanks, do they require long term contract like + 6month ? Can the customer "pay as you go" option like after a month, i cancel if i don't like it ?

any large provider like Equinix is going to be 12 month minimum contract, and then they will increase your rates at the end of the term. If you sign a longer term you will be able to get a discount and be able to lock in your rate for the term of the contract.

Probably around $1600/mo with 20A and $2000/mo with 40A before bandwidth costs.

Contact Steve ([email protected]), they do colo at that data center. I would highly recommend Atlantic Metro if you're looking for a quality provider.
    They also have several other data centers in New York, also very high quality.

i have a question:

My business partner's colo is at NY4 , and i want to cross connect with them. They give me their cabinet details and tell me to contact Equinix NY4.

- In case I go with atlanticmetro or other provider which also have colo at NY4, Can i still cross connect to my partner without Equinix ? and DO i need to ask my partner's permission to cross connect with other provider incase we can ?

- off topic, Radianz Vs CrossConnect, which one would i get the least latency ?
    Last edited by kkmann; 06-16-2011 at 05:25 PM.

$1200/month for rack and $400/month for 20A/120V is about right for Equinix NY4. Do not forget to include setup fees. Also, you will need to consider the monthly recurring for the cross connects as well.

Have you considered NY2? It is just ~0.5 miles away from NY4. In fact, NY4 was built as an extension for NY2. One benefit of NY2 is that it is cheaper than NY4. And you can also do cross connect from NY2 to NY4 at the same price as local cross connect (within NY2 or within NY4). Latency wise, it should add ~0.4-0.5 ms between these two locations.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

FHDave, do you know what average monthly, Power cost and for Equinix NY2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by kkmann View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking for A cabinet at NY4 , Can you one give me an idea what average cost would be ?

Regards,
    NY4 is ridiculously expensive. It's nice, though.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

one thing to note is NY2 is older and has lower power density allowed per cabinet.

$1200 sounds about right.
    I've beeen quoted $1550.

And yes, it will be a 12 month commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    $1200/month for rack and $400/month for 20A/120V is about right for Equinix NY4. Do not forget to include setup fees. Also, you will need to consider the monthly recurring for the cross connects as well.

Have you considered NY2? It is just ~0.5 miles away from NY4. In fact, NY4 was built as an extension for NY2. One benefit of NY2 is that it is cheaper than NY4. And you can also do cross connect from NY2 to NY4 at the same price as local cross connect (within NY2 or within NY4). Latency wise, it should add ~0.4-0.5 ms between these two locations.
    I'm not sure when you last got your quote but that was far from what we got.

We have a rack in NY4 and pay $1500/mo for a cabinet, $325 for fiber cross connect (each), $225 for copper (each), $450 for 20A 120v primary, $225 for 20A 120v secondary, + bandwidth which I might add I've found some places will charge you more per mbps in NY4 than they will NY2. I guess because they figure you're good for it.

Its a great facility if you can afford it which we're sadly finding out that after their latest price increase our customers don't want to pay more year after year.

Also we couldn't even give colo away at cost. I couldn't tell you how many customers took our 10U quotes and showed us a full cab in another DC they went with.

Also note they didn't accept anything but a 3 year commit.

Good luck either way.

Quote Originally Posted by lostpacket View Post
    any large provider like Equinix is going to be 12 month minimum contract, and then they will increase your rates at the end of the term. If you sign a longer term you will be able to get a discount and be able to lock in your rate for the term of the contract.
    Where are you getting your pricing? I was told as recently as last week that you only have fiber in a meet me room in NY4.