Looking for unmanaged Ubuntu VPS Server around 18$ per month

I'm currently hosting off of 123systems and I had ordered a Linux 1GB with Ubuntu 9.10 32-BIT. It took me around 3 days to understand what i needed to understand to run the game server i wanted (Minecraft SMP) and to get it up and running with all the plugins I needed. Once i finally got it up with minimal plugins it lagged and kicked players almost all the time with only 2 players for the whole deal (including myself).

I'm looking for the same thing but alittle bit upgraded would be nice for around 18-24$ monthly, thats alittle better than 123systems in terms to lag. I don't know exactly what is causing all the lag because i still had free memory/ram.
    Thanks for your time.

I really like Ramhost's servers in their Atlanta datacenter. It is so responsive, it feels like it's a local terminal. Check out their ATL-4 package. www.ramhost.us.

For the record, I had the Nano package in ATL until about a month or two ago where I moved to Kansas City KCMO-1.

Quote Originally Posted by portalgod View Post
    I really like Ramhost's servers in their Atlanta datacenter. It is so responsive, it feels like it's a local terminal. Check out their ATL-4 package. www.ramhost.us.
    Thank you for the positive feedback

We do have an awesome mix of carriers in Atlanta to make network connectivity very nice
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    Thank you for the positive feedback

We do have an awesome mix of carriers in Atlanta to make network connectivity very nice
    I have two questions. When will the ATL-4 package be available again, what does "data transfer" do? Also are these managed servers or unmanaged because i dont need it to be managed.

Quote Originally Posted by portalgod View Post
    I really like Ramhost's servers in their Atlanta datacenter. It is so responsive, it feels like it's a local terminal. Check out their ATL-4 package.

For the record, I had the Nano package in ATL until about a month or two ago where I moved to Kansas City KCMO-1.
    I will be sure to check ramhost's prices and what they have to offer.
    Thank you so much for your reply and your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder21 View Post
    I have two questions. When will the ATL-4 package be available again,
    Saturday 25th. I have 3 new vps nodes for Atlanta all ready just sitting here waiting for cpu heatsinks to come in :/

what does "data transfer" do?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/B..._data_transfer

Also are these managed servers or unmanaged because i dont need it to be managed.
    Unmanaged.
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    Saturday 25th. I have 3 new vps nodes for Atlanta all ready just sitting here waiting for cpu heatsinks to come in :/

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/B..._data_transfer

Unmanaged.
    Thanks again for your time ramnet, I have one more question for you. Could you please tell me what does ramhost's ATL-4 plan offer that HostingFuze's "FUZED Mids" plan here http://www.hostingfuze.com/unmanaged...al-servers.php does not?

I'm not familiar with HostingFuze so I won't try to speculate on their offerings.
    Follow us on Twitter

We actually thought of offering minecraft servers because I'm a minecraft fan myself! Can you tell me what sort of setup you run, is it just stock vanilla minecraft server? I'd be interested in knowing more.
    [BleemNET] Shared Hosting & Dedicated
    Unmetered servers available. No contracts. 99.9% Uptime.
    Super Fast *LiteSpeed* Servers, cPanel/Softaculous

Quote Originally Posted by zdrux View Post
    We actually thought of offering minecraft servers because I'm a minecraft fan myself! Can you tell me what sort of setup you run, is it just stock vanilla minecraft server? I'd be interested in knowing more.
    Right now im running the 1GB plan at 123systems like i said. And I bought it as a unmanaged VPS server with Ubuntu as the OS. I set it up from the server and added the plugins, etc. I run Bukkit and the plugins i use are Permissions, WorldGuard, iConomy, Essentials, WorldEdit, mcMMO, VanishNoPickup, iChat, LWC, iConomyChestShop, EssentialsSpawn. All these can be found at plugins.bukkit.org. I dont know if you wanted information on the minecraft server itself or the actual server im hosting it off of?

BTW what does your BLv2 and your BLv3 prices change to after your limited special ends? because i would rather not purchase it and then it change 8$ more expensive the next month. http://www.bleemnetworks.com/vps-servers/ link to the page of VPS servers

Right now im running the 1GB plan at 123systems like i said. And I bought it as a unmanaged VPS server with Ubuntu as the OS. I set it up from the server and added the plugins, etc. I run Bukkit and the plugins i use are Permissions, WorldGuard, iConomy, Essentials, WorldEdit, mcMMO, VanishNoPickup, iChat, LWC, iConomyChestShop, EssentialsSpawn. All these can be found at plugins.bukkit.org. I dont know if you wanted information on the minecraft server itself or the actual server im hosting it off of?
    Was interested to see how beefy the VPS needed to be that you were looking for depending on how many players you plan on having on it and all that, and how many mods/plugins, since they all add up.

I see on their website they don't list the amount of CPU you are guaranteed on your VPS. Which is probably shared between too many people, the 1024MB ram should be good for a half-decent minecraft server. If you're interested in setting one up together, message me, I may need a mod/operator for one of ours, could be a good opportunity for you!

BTW what does your BLv2 and your BLv3 prices change to after your limited special ends? because i would rather not purchase it and then it change 8$ more expensive the next month. http://www.bleemnetworks.com/vps-servers/ link to the page of VPS servers
    Prices do not change for existing customers once the offer is over. I would never do that to a customer.

You get in and get a plan, and you keep the price for as long as you don't cancel.

Was interested to see how beefy the VPS needed to be that you were looking for depending on how many players you plan on having on it and all that, and how many mods/plugins, since they all add up.

I see on their website they don't list the amount of CPU you are guaranteed on your VPS. Which is probably shared between too many people, the 1024MB ram should be good for a half-decent minecraft server. If you're interested in setting one up together, message me, I may need a mod/operator for one of ours, could be a good opportunity for you!
    Im interested to learn more join me at the mc server i was talking about on 208.115.207.192:25565 so we can chat much more effectively, no one is currently on it so we wont have spam

Im interested to learn more join me at the mc server i was talking about on 208.115.207.192:25565 so we can chat much more effectively, no one is currently on it so we wont have spam
    Indeed, it seems your VPS box is having some issues