Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    308

    Boston Bruins win the Stanley Cup

    For those of us in the States and Canada, The Boston Bruins defeated the Vancouver Canucks in a 4-0 shutout in Vancoucer last night.

    Did anyone follow the series or watch the game last night?

    I thought it was a great series for both teams but the Bruins really turned up the heat the final 3 games of the series. Congratulations Bruins!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts
    656
    I watched every game! Although I was cheering for Vancouver - the Canadian team - I'm very happy for Boston. I think each team had 17 Canadians out of the 23 man rosters anyways... so even though a Canadian team hasn't won the cup since 1993, "Canadians" continue to represent well!

    Boston is also very close to where I am in Halifax, and there are a lot of Bruin fans here.

    And also, Brad Marchand, the rookie 21 year old who was one of Boston's best players throughout the playoffs, is from just up the street here in Tantallon... just outside Halifax! I'm looking forward to taking my kids to the local Arena here later this summer, hoping Marchant brings the Stanley Cup to my town!!

    Tim Thomas - Boston's goalie - was very deserving of the Conn Smythe trophy (playoff MVP). He was outstanding.

    Great series!
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by demowolf View Post

    Tim Thomas - Boston's goalie - was very deserving of the Conn Smythe trophy (playoff MVP). He was outstanding.

    Great series!
    I agree, even though Timmy T was not our number 1 goaltender from the start of the season he really pulled through for us this season when we needed him and has been great asset for the bruins.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    476
    I got admit I didn't watch every game but caught a few . I do gotta admit Boston really gave it all they could last night. Personally I didn't mind who won but was hoping Boston was going to win.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts
    656
    I just think Thomas is a great story. Didn't even make the NHL until he was in his 30s, and now won the Stanley Cup, and Conn Smythe trophies at 37... a game played mainly by 20-somethings. He's probably also going to win the Vezina for best goalie of the year. He was drafted way back in 1994, 217th overall.

    Good for you Thomas!
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,463
    Great game, but crazy to see the rioting going on in Vancouver.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,521
    Tim Thomas ... Fantastic throughout the postseason. And the fact that the Bs won 3 game 7's is also ultra impressive. Hats off to them ... and yes I live in NYC area and still said that haha.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak View Post
    Great game, but crazy to see the rioting going on in Vancouver.
    Hmm I don't know these two seem fine about it all - http://www.cbc.ca/photos/galleries/7...eb_8column.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    X.400
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Chris View Post
    For those of us in the States and Canada, The Boston Bruins defeated the Vancouver Canucks in a 4-0 shutout in Vancoucer last night.

    Did anyone follow the series or watch the game last night?

    I thought it was a great series for both teams but the Bruins really turned up the heat the final 3 games of the series. Congratulations Bruins!!!!!
    I've been a Bruins fan since the Ray Bourque days so I was certainly happy to see that Boston took the cup. Also, I believe Mr. Stanley was long over due for Chara and the team. I won't lie, I did have mixed feelings and at times I was pulling for Vancouver to win since they are a Canadian team but at the end of the day as demowolf has mentioned the majority of the players on both teams are Canadian.

    Either way, it was a fantastic series and if I were Alain Vigneault I would have started game 6 with Cory Schneider due to the two poor performances Luongo had in Boston. All in all it was a good series and an excellent game last night for the Bruins
    LevelHosting Inc. - Unlimited Web Hosting at your level
    cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, RVSiteBuilder Pro, Softaculous and 24/7 Support
    Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,656
    Congrats to Boston! They played a great game 7 and deserved the win.

    Being a Vancouverite, I'm bummed about the loss, and pretty disgusted by the ensuing rioting. From my apartment, I could see the mob smashing and flipping police cars over, and the spirals of smoke popping up from the fires that were started. It's a shame that a few bad apples from the suburbs caused so much damage and reflected on our city so poorly. There were plenty of photos taken, and those involved will hopefully be prosecuted for their actions.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by demowolf View Post
    I just think Thomas is a great story. Didn't even make the NHL until he was in his 30s, and now won the Stanley Cup, and Conn Smythe trophies at 37... a game played mainly by 20-somethings. He's probably also going to win the Vezina for best goalie of the year. He was drafted way back in 1994, 217th overall.

    Good for you Thomas!
    Amen to the above! I absolutely love the fact Thomas is always smiling and having a good time out on the ice. I love the nasty streak he carries as well. Seems like a great guy!

    Quote Originally Posted by LevelHosting Inc View Post
    I've been a Bruins fan since the Ray Bourque days so I was certainly happy to see that Boston took the cup. Also, I believe Mr. Stanley was long over due for Chara and the team. I won't lie, I did have mixed feelings and at times I was pulling for Vancouver to win since they are a Canadian team but at the end of the day as demowolf has mentioned the majority of the players on both teams are Canadian.

    Either way, it was a fantastic series and if I were Alain Vigneault I would have started game 6 with Cory Schneider due to the two poor performances Luongo had in Boston. All in all it was a good series and an excellent game last night for the Bruins
    Being a Leafs fan (hey... stop laughing) I didn't really care either way who took home the cup. At times I was pulling for the Canucks and other times I wanted to see guys like Thomas and Kaberle get their cup. I'm happy with how it turned out!

    An American team winning the Stanley cup is a bonus for the game overall if you ask me!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak View Post
    Great game, but crazy to see the rioting going on in Vancouver.
    Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    Congrats to Boston! They played a great game 7 and deserved the win.

    Being a Vancouverite, I'm bummed about the loss, and pretty disgusted by the ensuing rioting. From my apartment, I could see the mob smashing and flipping police cars over, and the spirals of smoke popping up from the fires that were started. It's a shame that a few bad apples from the suburbs caused so much damage and reflected on our city so poorly. There were plenty of photos taken, and those involved will hopefully be prosecuted for their actions.
    What a pathetic bunch of boneheads eh! Considering the police were warning people to go home over and over, I don't see why they couldn't just unload with gas, smoke, water and rubber bullets!? They were warned... that's how I see it

    If anything, blame the higher ups for not anticipating this type of thing. Does anyone not remember Vancouver 1994 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Il3UlV2ars)? or Montreal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hRvTjc4FLI)?

    Large groups of fans + Alcohol = Better be damn ready for the worst

Similar Threads

  1. who will win the stanley Cup
    By The_Dominator in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 07:25 AM
  2. Who's going to win the Stanley Cup this year?
    By demowolf in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 04:31 PM
  3. NHL :: Stanley Cup
    By adam in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 10:44 AM
  4. Please cancel the Stanley Cup
    By blue27 in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 07:08 PM
  5. Lord Stanley's Cup
    By blue27 in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •