How do I transfer my domain to another hosting ?

How do I transfer my domain to another hosting? should I have to send the request to hosting provider or I can do it my own?

Please guide me if any body know the process.

Thanks

It depends on where you got your domain name in the first place. Who is your "registrar"? In most cases you should be able to simply go the the registrar where you want to move your domain name TO, and request the transfer there. If there are any problems, you'll be notified.

That's assuming you want to "transfer" your domain name to another registrar.

If you want to change hosting companies though, that's another matter. For that you simply need to change the DNS settings of your domain name to point to your new hosting company. You can usually do that through a control panel at your domain's registrar.

I hope that helps. If you want further clarification, please let us know exactly what you want to do... change hosting companies, or transfer your domain name... or both. Providing your domain name would also help as we could lookup where it is currently registered.
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by webEsun View Post
    How do I transfer my domain to another hosting? should I have to send the request to hosting provider or I can do it my own?

Please guide me if any body know the process.

Thanks

Hi

What control panel do you use at the moment? some control panels allow you to make a full backup to restore to another host with the same software. For example CPanel
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

I don't have any control panel for domain, should I ask them for control access?

I would like to transfer only domian.. not hosting

I want to change hosting company but only transfer the domain from there. I I have already hosting set up I just want to transfer the domain.

Quote Originally Posted by webEsun View Post
    I want to change hosting company but only transfer the domain from there. I I have already hosting set up I just want to transfer the domain.
    You need to point your domain to the nameservers of your hosting company i suppose?

Your domain control panel should have an option called smth like "Transfer DNS to webhost", "Change Nameservers" etc.

if you do not have access to your domain, you need to ask company who registered the domain for you to provide you with the access to it.
    less is more

Changing the nameservers is the easiest option as the above poster said or pointing the domain name to the Ip address of the hosting server directly if they don't have nameservers. Your new hosting provider should really provide you with the method they want you to use.

Thanks every one for suggestion let me try .

Cheers

They don't have name server , let me ask to my new company.

Thanks

If you are transferring a domain to another hosting company you will need the name servers for your new hosting company. They are usually something like ns1.hostingcompanyname.com, ns2.hostingcompanyname.com, etc. and are normally sent with your sign-up email.

After you have the name server names, go to your domain registrar and update the name servers for the domain.

Have you signed up to the new hosting company using the domain you want to transfer? Is not, you will also need to add the domain to your hosting account.

If you just want to transfer the domain name to another domain registrar, this is a different matter.
    For a .com, .net, etc. domain, you need to obtain the domains 'transfer secret' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_secret) from the existing registrar and pass it to your new registrar, who will then transfer the domain over to themselves.
    If it is a .co.uk domain, you need to get the existing registrar to update the domain tag to the new registrars tag (ask the new registrar for their tag), then get the new registrar to transfer the domain over to themselves.
    Last edited by Farbyte; 06-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Farbyte Ltd [UK] ♦ Professional UK Hosting ♦ Tel: +44 (0)843 532 0744
    cPanelŽ web hosting since 2006.
    SSD caching VPS with resilient, redundant replicated storage & IPS
    ♦ Hosting ♦ Domains ♦ SSL Certificates ♦ VPS

Login to your domain Registrar's account, they will have a link with "Domain Transfer" option in it.

There are several variants possible.
    1. You transfer your web site only to your new web hosting provider. In this case you will need to change (update) nameservers of your domain name.
    2. You transfer domain name and site to your new provider. In this case you need to initiate transfer on your domain name registrar.

In the most cases variant #1 works.

webEsun, to transfer your domain name, you must have the EPP code or Authorization code. There are 2 ways you can get this:
    1) yourselves by login to the domain manager. If you are the owner of the domain, you have a set of domain login details where you can update your domain information. The EPP code can be retrieved from there.
    2) From your current domain provider. Some domain registrar only allow the domain provider to retrieve the EPP code. If that's the case, you have to go back to your domain provider.