Single Site VPS from $10 - Is it for you?

Do you have a busy site that needs to move to a VPS, but you're confused about the choices? An un-managed VPS requires a huge learning curve to configure, harden and manage, and a managed VPS is expensive.

If you'd rather focus on managing your site's forums, Wordpress blog, or Drupal/Joomla CMS ... but still need the flexibility and power a VPS gives you ... HOSTkabob has a solution for you.

Site Virtual Servers are single-site VPS, with basic management features. Starting at just $10 per month, these are custom-configured based on your needs.

SVS-1 Basic Edition
    • 18 GB Available Disk Space
    • 512 MB RAM
    • 1000 MHz Processor
    • 1000 GB Bandwidth
    • Managed DNS Service
    • 1 Free, Available IP Address for SSL, etc.
    • East, Southeast or West Coast Locations
    • Host 1 domain (see note below)
    • $10 per month

SVS-2 Enterprise Edition
    • 48 GB Available Disk Space
    • 1024 MB RAM
    • 1500 MHz Processor
    • 1000 GB Bandwidth
    • Managed DNS Service
    • 1 Free, Available IP Address
    • East, Southeast or West Coast Locations
    • Host 1 domain (see note below)
    • $15 per month

Are these for you?
    These are designed for the webmaster who wants to get his site on line, and has no desire to fiddle around with server configuration, security issues, etc. I manage the the VPS, and do not provide shell access. Your access to the server is via FTP and, optionally, Kloxo, the free control panel we will install upon demand. cPanel is also available at an additional cost of $15 per month.

The price above includes hosting of a single domain. Multiple domains can be hosted on the server at additional charge.

We do not automatically provision any of our accounts. Each SVS is provisioned and configured individually after consultation with you, a process that can take 2 days.

Use and content must still conform to our Terms of Service. You cannot use these servers for proxies, MineCraft servers, etc.

Web Designers and Developers
    Contact me if you have a need for a semi-managed VPS with the ability to host multiple sites for your web development customers.

About HOSTkabob
    HOSTkabob is a small hosting company focused on serving a select group of customers in the personal, hobby, non-profit and small business markets. It grew out of my need for a safe, stable environment for my own web sites, so I understand the needs of the webmaster. Support for existing customers is via support ticket, email and my personal cell phone. HOSTkabob is the right choice for non-mission critical web hosting where price and personal attention to your needs trumps call-center based support and promises of 24/7 service. I have web hosting plans starting at $24 per year, with as much help as you need to get your site on the web.

Hi, I have noticed your Single SIte VPS offer and I would be interested by you svs-2 enterprise edition but I would need some details

If I take the cpanel option, and let's say 5 domain names, does cpanel comes for all domain names?

Quote Originally Posted by media22 View Post
    Hi, I have noticed your Single SIte VPS offer and I would be interested by you svs-2 enterprise edition but I would need some details

If I take the cpanel option, and let's say 5 domain names, does cpanel comes for all domain names?
    Yes, you would have a separate cPanel login for each domain added to the SVS server, using the standard login URL of http://some-domain-name.com/cpanel. It would work very much like a shared account, where each domain has its own cPanel, FTP account, webmail, etc. You can specify the disk space, number of email accounts, etc. for each domain, or I can manage that dynamically as your sites grow.

Feel free to email me at [email protected], or enter a support ticket at HOSTkabob if you need specific details.

OK thank you for your help. Sure it will help also help other potential customers. I really think it's worth it when you don't know much about dealing with a VPS

Quote Originally Posted by media22 View Post
    OK thank you for your help. Sure it will help also help other potential customers. I really think it's worth it when you don't know much about dealing with a VPS
    It really is geared more towards a person who has a single busy site that they want on a VPS, but don't want to deal with any of the server issues. Even the ones we may think are easy, such as setting up accounts, emails, etc. are too time consuming for a busy small business owner to bother with.

Most of my clients are not at all technical, and rely on me to do the full management of their site, sometimes create their content, etc. Some do log into apps like Wordpress and create their own blog posts, but rely on me to update the software when needed, etc.