Hybrid View

will bluehost kick me out if i shoot out 10000 email news letters per day?

1. I am using bluehost and thinking about doing some email marketings. of course it's not spamming since I am sending those emails to my website users. (all subscribed) will they still kick me out?

2. another question is, probably not related to hosting issue, but which email address sounds better/professional to you when your send paypal payment? sales@yourdomain.com or payment@yourdomain.com?
    btw, I am not selling anything on my website. It's service bussiness and they will make monthly payments to me.
    Last edited by choochan; 06-15-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Ask them.

Whatever you do, make sure you always throttle your email sending to one email every 6-10 seconds, though.

P.S. - payment@yourdomain.com looks better.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    Ask them.

Whatever you do, make sure you always throttle your email sending to one email every 6-10 seconds, though.

P.S. - payment@yourdomain.com looks better.
    Thanks buddy. I really appreciate your timely answer

You should check their acceptable use policy, that usually specifies the limit if any on email sending.

And HostLeet is quite right about throttling emails. You will almost most definitely get suspended if you cause a bottleneck on an smtp server, regardless of how pure your intentions are
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

yes, they will drop you no question.

use mailchimp/constantcontact/etc.

In the first place i dont think you cant send 10000 with Bluehost...you will have to think twice in sticking to Bluehost if you wish to expand in the future and not want your site suspended as the inodes usage is limited to 50000 with Bluehost when compared to Hostgator which is limited to 250000.

And as regarding your email idea its..WONDERFULL... the advantange of having a two seperate emails as mentioned above is that the payment can handle all the payment related mails efficiently and professionally and sales can take care of matter related to sales and pre sale questions..
    This is time saving and easy for and keeps your emaails categorized

Uzi

Hello,

If you are in a shared server, I am sure the host may have set restriction for sending e-mails / hour and you won't be able to send more than that. Inorder to avoid spamming all shared servers will be tweaked with this.
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

Quote Originally Posted by choochan View Post
    1. I am using bluehost and thinking about doing some email marketings. of course it's not spamming since I am sending those emails to my website users. (all subscribed) will they still kick me out?

2. another question is, probably not related to hosting issue, but which email address sounds better/professional to you when your send paypal payment? sales@yourdomain.com or payment@yourdomain.com?
    btw, I am not selling anything on my website. It's service bussiness and they will make monthly payments to me.
    Yes, your account will be suspended. I think Bluehost only allow 150 email per hour, which means 3600 email per day in total

End of the day it would probably be best if you ask bluehost directly, they might allow it if you make them aware of it. However if you try to send out 10,000 emails at one time, im pretty sure that will raise all kinds of red flags which will lead to the eventual suspension of your account (that pretty much goes for any shared web host, not just blue host).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

10k / 24 = 416 email; mostly shared hosting allow to send 50-100 email per hours and the result will be suspension for your account

Quote Originally Posted by i2dotnet View Post
    10k / 24 = 416 email; mostly shared hosting allow to send 50-100 email per hours and the result will be suspension for your account
    In most cases anything above the limit will just be bounced (i.e. not delivered). I'm not sure how BlueHost would handle it though - they may have monitoring in place to suspend you for hitting this limit or they may not.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

considering the amoutn of brands they run and their size i really doubt it's anything but automated booting

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    considering the amoutn of brands they run and their size i really doubt it's anything but automated booting
    True, but I don't know if this is something they monitor to boot for or if the mails simply bouncing and not being actually sent out is considered enough by them.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

We have several people using email scripts like ccMail which seems to run find and doesn't overload the mail server. I will still notify them and let them know you are using a mailer that will limit the emails sent per hour and they are members of your site. Talking to them first will probably make a difference.
    DFGHOSTING.COM 1-866-376-4637
    Cpanel/WHM | SVN/Trac | Softaculous | Fantastico | Word Press and phpBB Design and Development
    Professional Web Hosting | VPS Servers | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Servers | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Live Video Support | Live Chat Support | End User Web Site Support | No Over selling!

Better to check with bluehost support before you do it. I am sure bluehost has better suggestions how to send out so many mails per day.

I would have to agree. No need wasting or abusing your own system / server resources. I would also suggest MailChimp or Constant Contact as they can send out masses without abusing your own server policies.
    REVCOM - Hosting websites since 2004!
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Offers the Cueburst Support Ticket System Exclusively
    Follow us on Twitter! @REVCOM_LLC

Would the answer to your question not be "obvious", I mean their set limit is 200 per hour so and say "NO!"...
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I'm quite certain this will not fly with Blue Host

You could do this at Host Gator with their VPS. Make sure you read and follow their their mailpolicy