JollyWorksHosting Mysql slowness

Hello,

I tried to store the mysql database on a jollyworkshosting 800GB account so that my VPS server access it to serve the pages.
    It is so slow that I stopped.

Does someone has the same problem ?

Mykeul

What exactly is the issue? Is the network latency too high?
    Preetam Jinka

Isomerous - High performance web services for business and individuals.
    Bitcable Colocation, KVMs, cPanel hosting, Oracle expertise, and more.

I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood you, are you trying to restore a 800 GB Mysql DB?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hello,

I had a 2GB database, stored it on JollyWorks, accessed it with my VPS in France ... and it was very very very slow.
    Network latency was OK

Mykeul

is that a VPS? if so, what's the mysql activity?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Any one DB query that takes over 1 second to run is going to be problematic for any website. The effect intensifies as more queries are executed. A query that has to travel from France to, say, the US will take at least 1-2 seconds to complete. For a typical blog, there are about 30-50 queries so that would take 10-15 seconds to complete over a high latency link.

It's just not practical.

Regards
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

You're trying to host a mysql db on a shared or vps plan?

As UNIXy explained above, you're going to want the database server to be local to your web server (i.e. <1ms away). Otherwise even if the database server is fast and running perfectly fine, the network latency is going to cause a huge delay.

You might want to try enabling persistent connections which can speed things up in these cases, but it still won't compare to having a local database server. Hosting your database on the VPS would probably even be better than the remote server.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business