* Dedicated Server price idea

Im new to dedicated server.. I just got my dedicated server with the following specs, Can you guess or give me your idea regarding the price of the dedicated server with this specs?

Netherlands
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz
    2GB DDR Memory
    2x 160GB SATAII
    1000mbps Uplink
    2000GB Bandwidth
    CentOS Linux
    cPanel/WHM INCLUDED
    FULLY MANAGED

That's a pretty old server. Those CPUs haven't been made in several years. Chances are it's not brand-new hardware, but refurbished.

Unmanaged I would guess around $40 - $50. Depending on the level of management, maybe $100 - $120 per month. I'm really not familiar with the costs of server management, so that's a pretty wild guess.

40-50 USD is not possible, this server is in NL. Only the power would cost 15 euro (=22 USD). I guess 40-50 euro would be a normal price at a budget provider (unmanaged).

edit: my calculation is without cpanel. Cpanel would cost about 25-30 euro and management completely depends on what is included and what is not.
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    That's a pretty old server. Those CPUs haven't been made in several years. Chances are it's not brand-new hardware, but refurbished.

Unmanaged I would guess around $40 - $50. Depending on the level of management, maybe $100 - $120 per month. I'm really not familiar with the costs of server management, so that's a pretty wild guess.
    You didnt see that it includes cPanel/WHM?? Thats at least $25/month. There is no way that box is $40-50 including cPanel.
    Honestly its not that bad of a config -- 2GIG RAM, 2 HDDs, Full management, etc.. it can still run a good amount of websites and traffic.
    This is at least a $119+ machine.

is this server good for 119$?
    or is it expensive?
    I havent got the server yet..
    Its just an offer..

Quote Originally Posted by CGotzmann View Post
    You didnt see that it includes cPanel/WHM??
    No, I neglected that part.

It is indeed still a pretty good server and will definitely be enough to host multiple sites.

If the OP however is paying too much for the server, he is wasting money. I guess that is why he started the thread.

I would expect to pay around €120 per month plus tax if applicable, although it's quite difficult to value without knowing exactly what "Fully Managed" entails.

The hardware may be quite old, although I'm surprised to see a 1Gbps uplink. I wonder if the uplink is 1Gbps, but the NIC is 100Mbps. There's nothing wrong with a Pentium IV CPU with 2GB RAM and two 160GB hard drives in RAID 1 should be sufficient for a moderately busy server. I personally still run a P4 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM & 2 73GB SCSI hard drives.
    Michael Follett

Is it worth buying? Is it worth the price?
    Or should I buy a server with newer hardwares?

Seems like a good price, but I would make sure that they define exactly what they mean by "Fully Managed". As for newer hardware, what's their hardware replacement policy?

What about back-ups? Are they included? Who would be responsible for restoring the server should the hardware fail?
    Michael Follett

about 90 - 100 euro
    management + Cpanel will cost more than server
    Andrius Petkus, Chief commercial officer @ Bacloud.com data centers.
    Build your cheap dedicated server, Affordable high power Windows SSD VPS
    Payment methods: Bitcoins, Credit cards, PayPal, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Safety Pay, Cashu, Bank transfer.

Seeing this, I would have not taken it no matter what it is. Sorry to say but whenever I see a P4, I think of Pentium MMX and etc. I won't take the server but since you got it, start using it and don't be asking for prices as not many or basically almost none of the quality providers will be able to do this server for you because it's totally out of date and it's not used anymore.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by kumpachi View Post
    Im new to dedicated server.. I just got my dedicated server with the following specs, Can you guess or give me your idea regarding the price of the dedicated server with this specs?

Netherlands
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz
    2GB DDR Memory
    2x 160GB SATAII
    1000mbps Uplink
    2000GB Bandwidth
    CentOS Linux
    cPanel/WHM INCLUDED
    FULLY MANAGED
    this is old standard , but certainly will work great for light version of workload requirement.

well, roughly guess might be USD89 for hardware + cpanel USD35 + Managed service USD48?

Do you want to get a server only in the Netherlands?
    I have used a provider from there but what is your purpose of getting a server? And how much are you going to spend on buying a server?