Email Justification

Hello,

What justification do you accept in order for a client to send a large amount of emails out.

Do you have a template in which complys with the Can Spam Act?

Regards,
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

What do you consider a large amount of emails?

I have a client that actually sent out about 20,000 emails one day. All were valid and went out without a problem. All he did was use a decent email program that sent out a certain amount of emails per hour instead of sending them all at once.
    DFGHOSTING.COM 1-866-376-4637
    Cpanel/WHM | SVN/Trac | Softaculous | Fantastico | Word Press and phpBB Design and Development
    Professional Web Hosting | VPS Servers | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Servers | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Live Video Support | Live Chat Support | End User Web Site Support | No Over selling!

Quote Originally Posted by killigan View Post
    What do you consider a large amount of emails?

I have a client that actually sent out about 20,000 emails one day. All were valid and went out without a problem. All he did was use a decent email program that sent out a certain amount of emails per hour instead of sending them all at once.
    Did you ask for any kind of justification?

If so what was your process?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

There's no real good way to justify such a list beyond asking them how the list was obtained/generated and then deciding whether you trust them or not.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

They emailed the members on their website.

I also have sites with over 20,000 members so it isn't something I see as unusual, I honestly didn't ask much about it other that finding out what type of email program they were going to use so they didn't flood our mail system.
    DFGHOSTING.COM 1-866-376-4637
    Cpanel/WHM | SVN/Trac | Softaculous | Fantastico | Word Press and phpBB Design and Development
    Professional Web Hosting | VPS Servers | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Servers | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Live Video Support | Live Chat Support | End User Web Site Support | No Over selling!

We tend to ask for samples of the e-mails to determine how "spammy" they may be, and to make sure the e-mail is directed at the user rather than just appearing to be a generic sales e-mail. We also ask for the sample(s) to ensure that at the very least, the e-mails have a working "unsubscribe" method that allows the recipient to opt-out of these e-mails in the future.

Once we're happy with these things, we then determine how many they need to send and work out an hourly limit they can conform to.

you might configure "spam complaint" from your mailing program and find out how many subscribers complained the mails.