Question HostNine's CloudReseller Plan

Hello everyone

First at all I'm looking for a new hosting provider and I point my eyes to the HostNine's CloudReseller Plan (100GB/1000GB BWD)

I like to know how HostNine.com offers 100% uptime in the CloudReseller Plan but only with the server, is that a trick? I mean is that a tricky advertising?

I was reading some post about the CloudReseller from HostNine but I found some post about some issues with the HostNine DNS's, so the domains under the CloudReseller went down becasue a DNS issue but the server keeps up and running, so for the HostNine eyes the offer keeps for real becasue their offer 100% uptime for the server not for the service

Also they offer a Credit Balance Policy but doesn't apply to the DNS issues or any other not related to the server

I asked for this issues to the HostNine's live chat support but I didn't get an answer

So, is it correct to HostNine to publish the CloudReseller Plan as 100% uptime, when the service is not prepared to be 100% uptime because issues like the DNS.

Question for the experts, which other issues can cause a downtime in the CloudReseller Plan from HostNine but not related with the server.

I'm looking for information about this service becasue it is not a cheap service especially if we have more than 60 domains ($7.95usd + $6.95usd + $5.95usd + $4.95usd + $3.95usd + $3x55usd = $194.75usd monthly), but it looks like a very good one option.

So if somebody has experience with the CloudReseller Plan from HostNine it will be really appreciated if you can share your experience

Or if somebody else can reccomend something similar to the CloudReseller Plan from HOstNine it will be really appreciated too

Thank you very much to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostingNovice View Post
    So, is it correct to HostNine to publish the CloudReseller Plan as 100% uptime, when the service is not prepared to be 100% uptime because issues like the DNS.
    There should be Service Level Agreement which you can get some SLA credit when uptime is not as guarantee.
    IMO the cloud itself can get 'sick' sometime which may affect everyone on the cloud.
    Power outage, router failure, ddos attack ... can also contribute to downtime.
    A good provider will have quick action to resolve issue to limit downtime.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Question CloudReseller recommendation

Hello

Well if there is so many factor involved on the possible downtime of a service I understand then that it is not correct to publish a 100% uptime service if there is no possible way to make it real, even in the CloudReseller service.

In this case I almost take my domains to HostNine.com and their CloudReseller Service even when is expensive

I don't really care about the price but for quality on the service (assistance, support, livechat, tickets) and the uptime guarantee

So can you or somebody else make a recomentation of a CloudReseller service besides of HostNine?

Thank you very much

Hello

Well if there is so many factor involved on the possible downtime of a service I understand then that it is not correct to publish a 100% uptime service if there is no possible way to make it real, even in the CloudReseller service.

In this case I almost take my domains to HostNine.com and their CloudReseller Service even when is expensive

I don't really care about the price but for quality on the service (assistance, support, livechat, tickets) and the uptime guarantee

So can you or somebody else make a recomentation of a CloudReseller service besides of HostNine?

Thank you very much
    In the end, no matter where you go, there's the possibility of downtime. I don't care what provider you're with: You will have downtime eventually.

As a note: I remember the DNS Outage that you're mentioning ( I worked at HostNine at the time). The DNS issues have long since been corrected. If there have been any issues since I left at the end of last year, I'm not sure. As far as I know, it's all up and running smoothly at this point after Dan and I did a lot of work to the DNS cluster and moved it all over to SSD based systems.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Question Thank for the information

Hello dear Matt R

I found this post but it is not complete I can not access to the page 2 of the post but if you check you can find dates from 2011 so it looks like the DNS problem continue for a while because start at 2010.

Any recommendation?

Thank you very much

NOTE: Sorry if I don't post the link correctly

Overall they look o'k from my point of view.
    But I heard of them for the first time in here.

Cloud is supposed to offer better uptime than standard Shared hosting services, but if the uptime does go below 100% the provider will just give you credit.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Thumbs up Hello everyone

Well the Credit is not the problem, the problem here is what covers this Credit or not

In this case the credit only covers the server uptime, so if there is another issue causing a downtime but the server keeps alive (żonline/uptime?) Hostnine do not credit you becasue according to his rules the 100% uptime only apply to the server not third issues

That's why I was asking how many factors can involve in a downtime

Thank you

Well the Credit is not the problem, the problem here is what covers this Credit or not

In this case the credit only covers the server uptime, so if there is another issue causing a downtime but the server keeps alive (żonline/uptime?) Hostnine do not credit you becasue according to his rules the 100% uptime only apply to the server not third issues
    Every provider will have different SLA, etc. You need to find the one that looks best to you.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Thumbs up This post is useless, sorry my friends

Hello everyone

Well it looks to me like this post was useless not only I don't get the right answers also it looks like nobody is signed up with the HostNine CloudReseller Plan Level 1 (Free)

So like I don't have information I decided to take my chances with HostNine CloudReseller Plan Level 1 (Free), hope everything works fine.

I start to move my accounts tomorrow and I'll be back for a review.

Thank you everybody

Hello everyone

Well it looks to me like this post was useless not only I don't get the right answers also it looks like nobody is signed up with the HostNine CloudReseller Plan Level 1 (Free)

So like I don't have information I decided to take my chances with HostNine CloudReseller Plan Level 1 (Free), hope everything works fine.

I start to move my accounts tomorrow and I'll be back for a review.

Thank you everybody
    Well it sounds strange that DNS is not covered. The best way is to just try them for yourself and see how it goes.