LiquidWeb Cloud vs Storm on Demand Cloud

Yes I know they are the same company, but it seems from 2GB plan up Storm on Demand even with pay as you go bandwidth or in blocks, Storm on Demand is drastically cheaper then LiquidWeb with included bandwidth.

Case in point:
    Storm on Demand - $350 30.5GB RAM, 1.5TB storage, 8 cores
    while LiquidWeb only has Smart servers. even with Storm on Demand $130 for 2TB bandwidth, $480 is far cheaper then $499 with LiquidWeb for 16GB RAM.

Before I go with LiquidWeb Smart VPS, What do others think of this, and LiquidWeb, will you offer more VPS options like Storm on Demand (example 8GB, 16GB, 32GB storm plans)? It seems storm on the higher plans is cheaper then LiquidWeb for the same services (including adding bandwidth).

4GB plan with LiquidWeb $160 vs $120 with Storm even with $25/250GB package still seems cheaper same with 2GB package.

Rant/wanting to see LiquidWeb Cloud become allot better over.

P.S. I also would love to see the ability to up RAM/CPU/Disk space as seperate options as well (example I only need 75GB disk space, but would love more RAM, but $40 jump is steep. Say $5 for 1.2GB, $10, $1.4GB $15 1.7GB but with no CPU/Space increase. It would tempt me to spend more money at an earlier date then pushing the 1GB plan until I am desperate for 2GB…

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Write View Post
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. What exactly do you want to see "allot better" from Liquid Web cloud?
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand

Typp. I want them to get better (like CPU/RAM/Disk independant upgrades ($5 at a time).

Storm on Demand is drastically cheaper then LiquidWeb with included bandwidth.
    From the looks of things, if you want a lot of bundled bandwidth, and don't mind per-day pricing, then Liquidweb Smartservers seem to be more cost effective.

If you don't use a lot of bandwidth, or want per-hour billing, then storm seems more cost effective.

There are a few exceptions, such as the fact the Xeon X5650 costs $1000 per month on storm with no included bandwidth; but the same server costs $800 per month on smartservers with 3TB/3TB of included bandwidth. I don't quite understand that one.

You might want to voice your suggestions here: http://storm.uservoice.com/

I am compared Storm's 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 48GB servers which are more loaded with RAM then LiquidWeb. I am starting on the Smart VPS 1 best value, but the 4GB is $40 difference even with 250GB RAM pack, that still is $15/month cheaper, but then above that, LiquidWeb requires Smart Servers unlike Storm. Since I am on 1GB for the forseable future (and maybe 2GB) I shouldn't have to worry, but I am just thinking way out…