WHMCS Ajax Cart: Configurable Options don't adjust with Billing Cycle changes

I first posted something along these lines in the bug reports section of the WHMCS forum, because I believed it to be a bug. Well, the post was removed from the forum, which is fair enough - the sticky at the top of that forum group does warn that duplicate reports or non-bugs will be removed. I couldn't find anybody else reporting the same issue (because I checked all the posts with relevant search terms since the release date of 4.5), so it seems it's not a bug after all.

As the post was deleted, rather than removed to a different section of the WHMCS forum, I thought I'd post over here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Here's the issue. In the new ajax cart, there is the floating box at the top-right of the screen. This shows changes to the service being ordered "live". In particular, if you change the billing cycle you want to be on, that change is reflected in the total shown in the floating box. If you add or remove configurable options, that too is reflected in the total price.

However, once you've selected a domain name, the list of available configurable options appears below the domain name section. Each has a way of selecting that option, and next to the label is the price for that option. The price shown is the one that applies to the default billing cycle. For me, that is monthly.

If you change the billing cycle in the drop-down box at the top of that part of the page, IMHO the prices for the configurable options should change to show what those options would now cost. Instead, they continue to show monthly figures, whatever billing cycle is chosen. This is misleading, because it implies you could add a configurable option to a hosting package on an annual billing cycle, and it would only cost you the monthly price for that add-on each year.

I've attached a screenshot which I hope will illustrate what I'm talking about.

If it's not a bug in WHMCS, it must be something to do with the way I've configured things. So can anyone point me to an answer? (I've already applied Mike's patches that make the labels etc a bit clearer in the ajax cart).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20110610 1015 billing cycle dropdown copricing.png  

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Hi James

Did you put a ticket in to WHMCS ? (I assume you did)

What did they say ?

Not yet. Reason being, I'm still on my 15-day trial to see if WHMCS will make my customer management easier. Conclusion: It will. Even if I can't solve this issue and the one remaining one I'm having, it's clearly worth licensing. Once I have a full license, I'll open a ticket.

[Interestingly, this issue highlights the potential downfall of only offering people ticket-support once they have a full license. It makes it harder to help those evaluating the suite, and that help might overcome some potential barriers to them sticking around permanently]

I'm going to sort the licensing tomorrow. Then I'll open the ticket. Then I'll update this thread.

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

solved the bug with the update of configurable options prices when changing period

Hey all,

I solved the issue with that the prices of configurable options does not change when the billing period is changed.

You need to open the.../templates/orderforms/your_choosen_template/configureproduct.tpl

Find the section:

{if $pricing.type eq "recurring"}
        <div class="billingcycle">
        <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="configtable">
        {if $pricing.monthly}<tr><td class="radiofield"><input type="radio" name="billingcycle" id="cycle1" value="monthly"{if $billingcycle eq "monthly"} checked{/if} onclick="recalctotals()" /></td><td class="fieldarea"><label for="cycle1">{$pricing.monthly}</label></td></tr>{/if}
        {if $pricing.quarterly}<tr><td class="radiofield"><input type="radio" name="billingcycle" id="cycle2" value="quarterly"{if $billingcycle eq "quarterly"} checked{/if} onclick="recalctotals()" /></td><td class="fieldarea"><label for="cycle2">{$pricing.quarterly}</label></td></tr>{/if}
         {if $pricing.semiannually}<tr><td class="radiofield"><input type="radio" name="billingcycle" id="cycle3" value="semiannually"{if $billingcycle eq "semiannually"} checked{/if} onclick="recalctotals()" /></td><td class="fieldarea"><label for="cycle3">{$pricing.semiannually}</label></td></tr>{/if}
        {if $pricing.annually}<tr><td class="radiofield"><input type="radio" name="billingcycle" id="cycle4" value="annually"{if $billingcycle eq "annually"} checked{/if} onclick="recalctotals()" /></td><td class="fieldarea"><label for="cycle4">{$pricing.annually}</label></td></tr>{/if}
         {if $pricing.biennially}<tr><td class="radiofield"><input type="radio" name="billingcycle" id="cycle5" value="biennially"{if $billingcycle eq "biennially"} checked{/if} onclick="recalctotals()" /></td><td class="fieldarea"><label for="cycle5">{$pricing.biennially}</label></td></tr>{/if}
         {if $pricing.triennially}<tr><td class="radiofield"><input type="radio" name="billingcycle" id="cycle6" value="triennially"{if $billingcycle eq "triennially"} checked{/if} onclick="recalctotals()" /></td><td class="fieldarea"><label for="cycle6">{$pricing.triennially}</label></td></tr>{/if}
    Change all the values from:

That will update the totals and also the prices for the configurable options on change of billing period.

I would not mind a FB share or tweet, for my web site, from persons that make use of it;-)

Best regards/Michael