Exclamation Colocation : fdcservers.net

Hello,

We are looking for colocation services. We would like to know your opinion on http://fdcservers.net/. Anyone having experience with them?
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

I have a little experience with them. you'll find they host alot of IRC and whatnot, be carefull i had downtime not much but it was more than i wanted. Speeds varied between time of day because of the BW they give everyone.
    If you were doing a file hosting site or maybe a backup service and uptime wasn't an issue go for it.

If you need to run a 'reliable' service, they would not be your best choice.

Don't get me wrong, what they offer for the price is pretty fantastic -- but you get what you pay for with colo. They have no generators and I hear network complaints from time to time.

For budget hosting, they might be right. For a higher class of service, they would not be.

Do a search, you should find plenty of feedback.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for informing me regarding the uptime and network. We will be buying hardware from some colocation services and will be colocating in another DC. It is really appreciated if I get some inputs on their hardware.
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

Friends,

I would also like to get a review on Host Dime.

Thanks for your interest. Sometimes the colocation provider can sell you hardware or recommened a preferred vendor the DC may have a good relationship with.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Hello HostDime,

Thanks for responding immediately. We have already received a quote from you. But I would like to ask, will you be willing to ship the hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by cptechie View Post
    Hello HostDime,

Thanks for responding immediately. We have already received a quote from you. But I would like to ask, will you be willing to ship the hardware?
    Do you mean would we be willing to accept your hardware and setup your server? Yes
    Or do you mean when you cancel with us would we be willing to ship you your hardware? Absolutely yes
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Hello,

I will reply the details in the ticket.

Let me do a research on some other providers too.

Quote Originally Posted by cptechie View Post
    Hello,

We are looking for colocation services. We would like to know your opinion on http://fdcservers.net/. Anyone having experience with them?
    I would highly recommend HostDime. We have many servers with them and they have been simply AMAZING.

Highly recommended.

FDCServers (last I checked) as stated above do not have any generators or any UPS. The lack of UPS means that even a momentary power outage (say 1 second) will cause everything to go offline and have to boot back up potentially resulting in data loss or corruption and not having generators means that any power outage will be downtime.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Hello All,

Thanks for the reviews.