Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Semoweb makes me sick this a few weeks.

I've been happy with semoweb nearly two years and recommended to a lot of people, but now something is going crazy. The servers are up and down few times a day... everyday...

The support ticket is getting longer and longer to reply, but I only care about uptime...

It is really disappointed me. Hmmm consider to move now..
      0 Not allowed!

Chhit,

I hope you get everything worked out. Seeing customers unsatisfied is one of the worst things that I don't like, and I hope other providers feel the same way. Let us know what happens...the owner of SemoWeb is a registered user on this forum and is online pretty much everyday. Let's see what he has to say
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Chhit,

Just letting you know we are aware of the issues and this is caused by some issues within our mysql.

As for time delay on tickets we are getting to tickets how ever our team is working urgently to restore services.

Its 3am here and we are no way giving up we are here 24x7 and we want you to know we are not ignoring you.

Sorry for the issues caused.
      0 Not allowed!

Dustin,

Thanks for your quick reply. I hope to see everything better soon.
      0 Not allowed!

I was a customer of SemoWeb before. Dustin got everything setup and handled for me. Unfortunately, I was out of town for a while and had no internet access and couldn't pay my bills or anything. And once I got back I was no longer interested in the server I had from them. They're great guys, and Dustin works hard for his clients. Best of luck to you both
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Chhit,

Just letting you know we are aware of the issues and this is caused by some issues within our mysql.

As for time delay on tickets we are getting to tickets how ever our team is working urgently to restore services.

Its 3am here and we are no way giving up we are here 24x7 and we want you to know we are not ignoring you.

Sorry for the issues caused.
    Good luck getting your issue resolved! What problems are you having?
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat
      0 Not allowed!

Issues can/do arise with any provider, it's how the provider handles it that really count. If you've been happy with them for nearly two years, i'd say stick with them!

However, because unforeseen issues can happen anywhere. It's always best to keep your main website/client portal hosted off the same server that your clients accounts are on. That way, if your Reseller service goes offline your website would still be accessible where you could still relay information to your clients.

It's also a good rule of thumb to make your own backups of your client accounts and host them offsite too. That way, in the unfortunate event something really bad happens you'd still have up-to-date copies of your clients accounts that can be restored to any cPanel server.

Good luck, but it looks like semoweb is taking care of the issue.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!
      0 Not allowed!

UK Server from semoweb gots many downtime.

16 hours before, i got it

The monitor Server 6 (http://server6.uphost.info) is back up (it was down for 49 minute(s) and 46 second(s)).
    2 days ago

The monitor Server 6 (http://server6.uphost.info) is back up (it was down for 03 hour(s), 33 minute(s) and 01 second(s)).
    This is not all. If you see this news, so with me it's a normal news, because it shows on my email everyday.

The monitor Server 6 (http://server6.uphost.info) is back up (it was down for 05 minute(s) and 27 second(s)).
    UpReseller || Bring to you friendly support with offshore/onshore hosting, reseller and cPanel VPS Management.
    www.upreseller.com
      0 Not allowed!

I have been using Semoweb for the past few months and have had frequent problems. For the past few hours, I have been down and getting little to no response from their tech support. If anyone knows what's going on please post.

Looks like I will be forced to move on.....
      0 Not allowed!

Now semoweb should explain the situation because its the first time I am hearing something bad for semoweb.
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments
      0 Not allowed!

It could be abuse related, hopefully he will get it ironed out soon.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.
      0 Not allowed!

If you're having regular issues and not a one-off issue then it might just be wise to shift providers. I've noticed a lot of super-ridiculously cheap offers by Semoweb in the offers section lately which could very easily result in overloaded servers if they plan on actually turning a profit on their machines beyond overhead and staffing.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, if the problems persists it would be wise to switch hosts.
    Last edited by HHCM; 06-13-2011 at 09:11 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HHCM View Post
    Yes, they seem to be going downhill due to overselling. It would be wise to change hosts.
    Well overselling does not necessarily mean poor server management, but it can make quality server management difficult which would result in downtime and other issues.

At the end of the day you do tend to "get what you pay for."
      0 Not allowed!

I posted yesterday about constant reboots, a reseller account, one db went corrupt for some reason, but two other sites were also down (db driven). Righ now my server 30 i sodnw again, cannot even get to cpanel.

I will post to another thread about backing up client sites, learned yesterday almost the hard way. luckily the db on that corrupted site was rarely updated.

Not moving anywhere yet due to biz trip planned and I had to pay someone to move the sites TO semoweb since I was unfamiliar with all that. (lots of work to move 15 sites).

I hope they get it up and running reliably soon. Seem like diligent host owner.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hclloveh View Post
    UK Server from semoweb gots many downtime.

16 hours before, i got it

2 days ago

This is not all. If you see this news, so with me it's a normal news, because it shows on my email everyday.
    I'm extremely fed up with their Server1 server, constantly down and too much abuser. I thought after the ram upgrade, everything would be fine, but it turned out to be worst than what I expected. It isn't a permanent fix either. Everyday there will be short downtime.
      0 Not allowed!

I had account on server1. I did not want to loss my client then I move my account semoweb to future hosting vps. Semoweb fail to keep their uptime guarantee every month which is not acceptable.
    HostPair LLC - Providing Reliable Web Hosting - Since 2009 | Authorized cPanel Partner
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Premium Xen VPS | Windows VPS | Dedicated Server

Fast Support | 99.9% Uptime | 30 days Moneyback Guarantee!
    WHMCS Integration Service - Get your site integrated today!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCheapHost View Post
    I had account on server1. I did not want to loss my client then I move my account semoweb to future hosting vps. Semoweb fail to keep their uptime guarantee every month which is not acceptable.
    You made a fast move or you would have suffer like we all do. Not only Server1, other servers are having problems too. I have another account on server30, reboots are done almost everyday. You should know dedicated server reboot caused some mini downtime.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm semoweb reseller client and located in server 31.
    It's up and down few times a day and the connection is very slow from here (asia)....

I didn't have this issue few weeks ago. I use their service for a month.

Really hope everything will be back to normal as soon as possible
      0 Not allowed!

can anyone log into their cpanel this morning? I can for my regular site, but cannot for the reseller site. server30
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bizeesheri View Post
    can anyone log into their cpanel this morning? I can for my regular site, but cannot for the reseller site. server30
    Their server status for Server 30 and 31 are showing "Not Available" in their WHMCS. Most of their servers are either down or showing an uptime of less than a few days. A couple servers appear to be currently spiking server loads from 2 - 10. Not sure what hardware setup they have.

EDIT: As I was typing this Server 30 is showing available 0 days.
      0 Not allowed!

... Showing not available again. Good luck to whoever is using these services.
      0 Not allowed!

are you able to provide the link ?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ManusiaPurba View Post
    I'm semoweb reseller client and located in server 31.
    It's up and down few times a day and the connection is very slow from here (asia)....

I didn't have this issue few weeks ago. I use their service for a month.

Really hope everything will be back to normal as soon as possible
    Same for server30 also. I've an Alpha from that node. But I don't complain because it's not possible to get better service at the cheapest price.
    I'm looking for a decent one for moving my clients' account.
      0 Not allowed!

Just wonder if that's from the same guy who once did WHMCS integrations as a business line? Seems somehow odd.
      0 Not allowed!

I may have one client that moves out, will have to help them find a host (its my brother and his business partner's site). The rest aren't as important, but when I'm paying for google clicks and my site is down and I don't know it. That is a problem. Irritating to go and pause and start the campaign every few hours.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Everyone,

Server 30 and server 1 UK both require RAM upgrades which has been approved by me already.

The NOC will now perform these upgrades we had a few MySQL abusers causing the server to crawl and to help avoid this our monitoring team has suggested we add more RAM to help avoid outages since we are running into SWAP due to MySQL abusers.

The fix is adding more RAM and monitoring our users more closely who abuse MySQL which we will enforce.

Once again my sincerest apologies for delayed response on WHT I personally have been at the hospital for my father so I was unable to respond on WHT and its against the rules to share my account with my staff so I'm sorry I updated you guys on WHT a little late.

If anyone is still facing issues please open a ticket so we can update you whether your issues has been fixed on either server 30 or Server 1 UK.

We will also update Twitter as soon as we are updated from the NOC on which servers have been successfully upgraded with RAM.

Thanks,

Dustin
      0 Not allowed!

Server1 ram already been upgraded weeks ago, but it didn't solve the downtime - it makes it worst IMHO.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    Server1 ram already been upgraded weeks ago, but it didn't solve the downtime - it makes it worst IMHO.
    Ram was never upgraded, it was replaced for faulty ram.

Now its being upgraded.
      0 Not allowed!

Ram was never upgraded, it was replaced for faulty ram.

Now its being upgraded.
    Hope it will be a permanent fixed. Sick of the mini downtime.
      0 Not allowed!

From another thread: thus it appears that there is a relationship? why would PrestonHost-Faris post on this thread. just curious now. makes no difference to me, don't know prestonhost

=============================

semoweb View Beta Profile
    One Legit Host

Quote:
    Originally Posted by papamia

lol prestonhost = semoweb
    same low budget hosting you should add this to your title because i also using semoweb in the past 2 months and i faced downtime everyday in their UK server lol - and when i ask for explanation of downtime they simply never answer my question lol

/endquote

Do you have a ticket id?

We are no way affiliated with each other.
      0 Not allowed!

same low budget hosting you should add this to your title because i also using semoweb in the past 2 months and i faced downtime everyday in their UK server lol - and when i ask for explanation of downtime they simply never answer my question lol

It's stated clearly on our previous thread that we resell some of our services of Semoweb Servers.
      0 Not allowed!

From another thread: thus it appears that there is a relationship? why would PrestonHost-Faris post on this thread. just curious now. makes no difference to me, don't know prestonhost

One Legit Host

Quote:

/endquote

Do you have a ticket id?

We are not affiliated with Preston Host.
      0 Not allowed!

One Legit Host

Quote:

/endquote

Do you have a ticket id?

From what I comprehend PrestonHost purchases services via Semoweb and utilizes there servers. Hence any downtime on SemoWeb affects Prestonhost, and that's why Faris is posting here to express his frustration on the downtime.

~w
      0 Not allowed!

It's stated clearly on our previous thread that we resell some of our services of Semoweb Servers.
    We are not affiliated with Preston Host.

Some confusion here ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Kusman View Post
    Some confusion here ?
    Please read.
      0 Not allowed!

Please read.
    i dont get it.
      0 Not allowed!

These are two different companies then yes they are not affiliated. If I offer hosting out of Softlayer servers it doesn't make me affiliated as a company to Softlwayer Technologies.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chhit View Post
    I've been happy with semoweb nearly two years and recommended to a lot of people, but now something is going crazy. The servers are up and down few times a day... everyday...

The support ticket is getting longer and longer to reply, but I only care about uptime...

It is really disappointed me. Hmmm consider to move now..
    I hate to say it, but this is one of the reasons I recommend not going with companies that offer master/alpha reseller plans or signing up for those types of services. I'm sure the people at Semoweb are doing their best, but the fact of the matter is, if you offer those types of services, you're just bound to run into trouble (especially from a server management point of view). Either way, I hope things get sorted out for you soon.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast