Need semi-managed or willing to answer my linux questions providers

Sorry, that my previous post misled you guys.

I am looking for a relative low cost providers who are stable, fast(100Mb/port, RAID10 disk arrays) and can offer 512MB memory/100GB transfer at no more than $20 per month.

I don't care if you offer semi-management or no management at all, as long as you are willing to answer questions about Linux, or give me references, for I am willing to learn, and learn fast!

If you can offer a free weekly backup, that is ideal, if no, that's ok.

If you have a datacenter in London/UK, that is the best. If not, as long as the speed is fast.
    Please don't recommend UK hosts, for they are too expensive for me, and I have to pay the extra currency exchange charge.

Please do not recommend Linode, for they unable to answer questions regarding their Library articles but referred me to their forum.

Thank you guys very much in advance for recommending hosts.
    -none-

I don't care if you offer semi-management or no management at all, as long as you are willing to answer questions about Linux, or give me references, for I am willing to learn, and learn fast!
    Answering questions about Linux is semi-managed or managed.

I was going to recommend linode :-) I don't know anyone else who has such a robust set of howto articles and forums.

If you need more support than that, I think $20/month is a tough price point. You say you're looking for "relatively low cost" but are asking for high support.

If your budget was a little larger, I'd recommend KnownHost, but to get 512MB of memory, they're $35, and even with the 10% off (which I think is still in the offers), that's still $31.50/month.
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    Answering questions about Linux is semi-managed or managed.
    Personally I'd go a step further and say it's beyond what should really be expected from a managed service. Managing a server is quite different to teaching someone else how to do it - depending on the pupil, that could be a lot harder...

jellday, if you're willing to put in the effort to learn there are plenty of free resources out there and many forums where people will answer your questions, so if your budget is tight, unmanaged with google and forum help may be your best option. Looking at it another way, your prospective host's profit margin on a $20 plan will be a lot less than $20 per month - how much of an expert sysadmin's time would you expect that to buy?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Thank you guys for the help.

The reason I didn't go with Linode, is because even following their library, there are still errors. If you ask them 90% they refer you to their support forum. Thus I said their support is quick but not helpful.

Yes, I am willing to learn, but I prefer learning in practice, I am not trying to be an Linux expert, but enough knowledge for managing my VPS. I don't expect the support do all the jobs for me, but at least give me guidence or references.

I noticed JaguarPC, KH, Futurehosting, their management service are all panel related, it seems to me that if you don't choose a panel, then no management at all?